46

Chapter Forty Six

Kaia groaned when she felt the cold air hit her as her comforter was pulled off of her body . " Kaia get up " She heard her mom said.

" What ? " Kaia whined as she grabbed her cover to pull back over her body.

" Get up , you start training for work today " Her mom said causing her to smack her teeth . She grabbed her phone from next to her and looked at the time and got annoyed when she saw it six thirty in the morning .

It was the first day of her winter break at school and she was planning to sleep in all day , binge watch tv shows and movies and stuff her face but apparently her mom had other plans.

She'd told Kaia with her being pregnant she would have to work but she didn't think she meant so soon . She wasn't even due until another five months , she had plenty of time to start working and save up money . It wasnt like Cassius didn't have money or she didn't have any money saved up from her promo deals she was doing on social media .

" Mommy i'm tired , can I start tomorrow? " she whined like a baby . She stayed up all night on facetime with Cassius and didn't go to sleep until about two in the morning because one of her newest pregnancy symptoms were insomnia .

" No you cannot. That's not how things work in the real world . Your boss isn't going to care if you're tired or pregnant " Makena said. Seeing the sad look on Kaia's face made her want to tell her she could've stayed in bed but she couldn't continue to baby her . She needed to make her grow up and be strong for the baby she was expecting .

" fine " Kaia mumbled as she got out of the bed. She went into the her bathroom and closed her door. As soon as she did she called Cassius. She didn't know why but she felt crying to Cassius made all her problems better .

It took him a while to answer because he was sleeping . He started not to answer but when he saw it was her he answered the phone and closed his eyes back . " What's up baby ? " He said sleepily .

Kaia didn't respond but he could hear her sniffling indicating that she was crying . " What's wrong baby ? " He asked as he opened his eyes and looked into the camera to look at her .

" I'm sleepy " she cried causing him to smack his teeth .

" what the fuck " he said to himself as he took a few deep breaths to not curse her out for waking him up . " then go to sleep " he said simply .

" I can't because my mom is making me go to work today " she said as she continued to cry like a baby.

" tell her you tired "

"she said that's not how things work in the real world " she mumbled .

" alright baby , what do you want me to do? " Cassius asked. He wasn't sure how he could fix her being tired but if she had a solution he was gonna come through to make it happen .

" I don't know " she mumbled .

" you want some starbucks? " he asked .

" yes " she said .

" alright , ima come bring you some starbucks , you want your usual ? " He asked .

" yeah " she sniffled .

" alright stop crying i'm about to get up right now " He said.

" ok " she said .

" ma'kaia hurry up and don't take all day doing makeup and hair you just going work " her mom hollered from the other side of the door .

" I have to go " kaia mumbled as she hung up the phone with Cassius and started getting ready . Ever since she got pregnant she didn't put as much into her appearance as she usually did because she would be too tired or sick to do so .