7

Chapter Seven:

Eric Johnson

I sat on of the lounge chairs that Makena had set up in her backyard and watched with admiration as she did what she loved

I sat on of the lounge chairs that Makena had set up in her backyard and watched with admiration as she did what she loved . One thing I loved about Makena was that she was an independent black woman . My baby was so talented and she was good at what she did .

She was currently having a photoshoot for her new denim line that she was adding to her online website MooresFashion . Besides her online clothing website she had and in store boutique Called One Of A Kind and not to mention MooresCreations which was her brand name for her custom made items and the fact that she was a celebrity stylist who styled celebrities for important events like the Met Gala , Grammys and other important events.

She was adding a denim collection to her online website and kaia had gotten all her friends over to model the clothes that were gonna be posted on the website. I had to admit that Makena was really good when it came to this kind of stuff the way she styled each outfit was unique and nicely put together and the fact that she designed every piece by herself made it even more better .

I also liked that she wasn't one of those mean stuck up people . She didn't fuss or complain when one of the kids got distracted by the music that was playing or if they couldn't get a pose down. Everyone was enjoying themselves, they were dancing to the music , joking around , or eating the food that she had catered.

" Why you being so introvert? " Kaia asked as she came and took a seat next to me . She had just finished shooting in her fourth style 

" I'm just watching everything take place , y'all are busy and I didn't want to interrupt " I explained.

" It means a lot to my mom that you're here . This is her passion something she's always wanted to do since she was my age . It took a lot for her to get here , she had a lot of people doubting her and praying on her downfall it took a while for her career to kick up but knowing that you support her I know it means the world to her she's never had that " She said to me .

Makena was a very guarded women and she let me in a little bit but I know she hasn't fully let her walls down around me but Kaia welcomed me in with open arms and tells me things about her mother that I knew she was afraid to tell me .

" What do you mean she's never had that ? " I asked .

" There was just so many people praying on her downfall and wishing that she'll fail . People that were supposed to love and support her told her all kinds of horrible things about how she'd about to nothing and she wouldn't be anything in life . i'm just happy that she proved them wrong " She admitted . " Don't hurt her please " she added in .