24

Chapter Twenty Four
Kaia Moore

" Kaia I need you to calm down .. he's going to be fine " Icesis said as she rubbed my back .

" No you don't get it this all my fault " I said .

" Baby it's not your fault " My mom said .

" It is my fault .. he only left the house because we got into an argument " I cried .

I couldn't help but to feel like him getting hurt was my fault . If we would've never argued and I would've never said the things I said to him he wouldn't have left to cool off .

So I feel like he was out there put in the position to get hurt because of me . Because he was only trying to be a good friend and look out for me and put me on game but I wanted to be selfish and not listen to him .

" Im going to use the bathroom and get some water " I said as I stood up .

" Do you want me to come with you ? " Icesis asked .

" No , it's okay ... I really just need a minute alone " I said as I walked away . I went to the bathroom and stood over the sink splashing water in my face .

" Lord please please let EJ be okay ! I promise if he makes it through this I won't talk to Cassius anymore " I said. .

I heard laughing and I looked back to see Meeka coming out of one of the stalls. " what's funny ? " I asked her .

" you .. that was the most horrible prayer I ever heard in my life " She said as she walked up to me.

I didn't say anything .. I watched as she washed and dried her hands before making her way to me . She stood in front of me and held her hands out and I raised my eyebrow . " Grab my hands and bow your head " She said.

I grabbed her hands and bowed my head . "  Dear Father God, we place our worries in your hands. We place our sick under your care and humbly ask that you restore your servant to health again. Above all, grant us the grace to acknowledge your will and know that whatever you do, you do for the love of us. Amen." She said.

I opened my eyes and looked at her in shock . " I didn't take you as the praying holy type " I said .

" I know most people don't " She said . " How is it looking for him ? " She asked me and I sighed. .

" I don't know .. they said he's in critical condition. If he doesn't make it I don't know what it'll do I feel like this is my fault " I said .

" Why do you think that ? " She asked me .

" We got into a an argument and he left the house because I made him upset so I just can't help but to feel at cause for him being out of the house " I stressed .

" It's not your fault and you can't put that stress on yourself Kaia . EJ knows how much you love and care about him despite yalls little argument and don't think negatively think positive and positive shall happen " She said.

" Thank you Meeka " I said .

" It didn't have to be this way Kaia .. we could've been friends . I wanted to be your friend " She said and I sighed.

" Meeka I tried to be friends with you but you were so jealous thinking that I was messing with EJ when we both consistently told you we were only friends . You let your jealousy turn us into enemies " I reminded her .

" Look at you Kaia ... how could I ever believe a nigga wants to just be friends with you " She said and I smiled .

" and look at you ... you're just a beautiful as I am and EJ was really devoted to you but you drove him away with your jealousy and crazy antics " I said .