it's me, this is me

Taeyong slowly opened his eyes, and was met with the blurry ceiling of Jaehyun's room. He blinked one, then twicel befor ehis eyes got accustomed to the bright light coming through the window.

He heard shuffling by his left and he turned his head slowly to see Snow going out of the room, pushing the door ajar.

He looked around the room, before his eyes dropped to the scenery outside of the windows.

He felt it.

The bond that connected him with Jaehyun. The bond he hid under his made-up memories and kept himself locked up. After seeing the truth through Rhea—his walls broke down and his true nature was out for the world to see.

For him to show Jaehyun how guilty he was of hiding.

He knew everything when he was a child, from being the chosen one, to having a mate, to knowing who killed his parents—but because of his fear, he covered them and hid under the mask of who he was now.

But it needed to end.

The world needs him, his brother, his friends and Jaehyun.

He heard the door open further and his head turned to look at the retreating figure. His eyes held worry in them and he seemed to rush by his side right away.

"Taeyong? Are you okay? How are you?", he asked, kneeling by the edge of the bed held Taeyong's left hand in his.

Taeyong blinked his eyes at the brown haired male before letting out a shaky breath.
His other frail hand, reached out and touched Jaehyun's pale cheek.

His eyes blurred, taking a deep breath as a tear fell from his eyes and onto the pillow.

"I'm sorry....", Taeyong whispered, more tears falling from his eyes, taking in the form of his mate.

Mate.

It was such a beautiful word. But he decided to cover it with all the dirty lies he made up. He couldn't even be more guilty than he is now.

His tears turned his muffled sobs into loud ones, his heart clenching with pain yet with the sense of calm and completeness.

Jaehyun's eyes blinked with worry and he shifted in his place, taking Taeyong in his arms, keeping his head close by his chest, muffling his cries while the redhead held tightly against his shirt, crying his eyes out.

He didn't know what was happening, but he felt the bond. It had something to do with his talk with his mother. Something that opened his eyes and made him this way. That made him cry.

"Hey, it's going to be fine....I'm here...", Jaehyun whispered, his mouth by the shell of Taeyong's ear, his nose taking a whiff of his scent.

It was calming—roses, with a hint of expensive shampoo and faint lemons.

"I'm sorry....", Taeyong wailed, his lips trembling as Jaehyun held him tightly against his chest.

=====

"Are you okay?", Mark asked.

It's been a few days and everyone was happily getting along, with Taeyong finally letting go and being able to open up, everything was alright and calm within the household.

Most of the times, Taeyong would be watching his friends train with the other soldiers

Taeyong nodded.

"I'm pretty sure I'm fine. I....just need to get my senses back.", Taeyong mumbled.

He felt a hand touch his shoulder and he relaxed at the warm tingles that sent his troubled body.

"You don't look too well.", Jaehyun started, his thumb rubbing Taeyong' tense shoulder.

"I...I need something....I need some extremely big help from you, Jaehyun.", Taeyong turned around and faced the younger, staring at him with complete determination.

He held Jaehyun's hand that laid on his shoulder calmly while Jaehyun stared fondly down at him.

"And what would that be?", he asked.

"We need to go to Winterhollow—", noticing the immediate horror on Jaehyun's face, Taeyong quickly explained himself.

"—It's my home. What was left of me is there, somewhere. I'm not complete without having my missing piece.", he explained.

He knew what he was talking about, clearly.

Taking him away from his true home, his parents left the half of his soul by a ritual and left on a journey far away from it. As far as they could be.

But without it, he wasn't complete at all. Without it, he was abnormal, he doesn't have the completeness of the being the yang energy within him and Jaehyun's bond and it meant that he wasn't prepared and he wasn't obliged to protect the world without his other half.

The balance between the yin and yang needed to be perfectly accurate.

"I'm not risking anything, Taeyong. We can't go through somewhere dangerous just like that!", Jaehyun worriedly shouted.

"I know, I know. But I need to go back home before the war starts...", Taeyong pleaded.

"It's the only thing that stops us from saving our world. Us.", Taeyong continued.

The room filled with silence, Taeyong's heart rapidly beating against his chest. He was willing to d anything to go back home and get it back. He knew that there was a spoken bond that needs to be done. But he won't be able to know what it was without having his energy complete.

Being incomplete meant that there was an imbalance within the two of them—Taeyong and Jaehyun. Which meant that a spoken bond wouldn't happen since there wasn't a proper connection and great imbalance within them.

And it meant losing each other without the spoken bond.

He can't have that. No, of course, he can't. He won't let it happen.

"Please. Without half of my energy, I can't stay by your side.", Taeyong whimpered.

Jaehyun lowered his eyes, looking away.

Winterhollow was way up north, somewhere filled with high mountains and strong winds. There were areas were it was freezing and strong winds but there were certain areas where everything seem sentimental and calm yet suspicious and dangerous.

No one came back out alive after several journeys of finding out what was hidden far through the white vast snows.

But people did know it was home to Ecilas. An ECILA was someone who was exceptionally strong. Someone who were brutal and always kept their goals straightforward and were never led astray.

No one has ever seen one. But it was undoubtedly Taeyong's home. Being a pure-blooded Ecila, he was the true depiction of what their species are.

They were quiet, lenient and very tactical. They were tricksters and knew their ways around enemies very well. They were the good in this world which this world has never seen. Being hidden within such strong environments and spells that cover the whole area, Winterhollow was extremely dangerous for any traveler of age or rank.

Taeyong told them everything—where he can from, who he was, what was left of him and his story. There was no use hiding it when he had a goal to look forward to and to protect the world from Shifters.

But he couldn't do it alone.

He needed his family—his new bigger family to be with him throughout his whole journey, to hold his hand and guide him when he was going astray.

As you protect me with all your might.

While Jaehyun was there to remind him of who he was and what his importance was.

For I promised to protect you and assure you that I'll set everything aright.

=====

I'm that one writer(or reader because come on) that no matter how long I've written the book or read the chapters, I still tend to forget a lot of shit.

Need some help with my brain here because I feel like I'm really getting older.