boredom

*Taeyong's hunting outfit ^^*

"I'm scared, Yuta. I wasn't able to protect mom and dad. What if I'm not capable of protecting the both of you too?", Taeyong asked. He was beyond worried.

He was worried that if he showed his true nature, he'd show how much his memories would bog it down. Slowly and slowly, the pain would eat him up.

Yuta shook his head, "No, Tae. You were a child back then. No matter how strong you are, no matter how powerful you are, you didn't know what the world was like. You weren't ready to be faced against such a cruel world. Your parents took note of it. They didn't want you hurt, they didn't want you to be like them. They took you away from people for you to have a normal childhood like a human would.", he explained as he placed his chin against the older's soft hair.

"Don't blame yourself for the past. You have us. Don't approve of something you know without even trying. Your fear stops you from it. Prove it to us, that you can protect us. Just like how we promised to protect each other when we were kids."

Taeyong could only digest Yuta's statement with confusion and uneasiness.

When Yuta had noticed that the older was already getting calm, he pulled away. "Go and wash your face and stop crying. Only then we'll go out.", Yuta calmly exchanged glances with the older and Taeyong could only nod quietly.

He headed over to the sink and washed his face thoroughly, as well as he pushed the insecure thoughts behind his head.

After patting his face onto a soft towel, he looked at his reflection against the cold metal door of the refrigerator. He let out a small smile and concluded that he finally looked okay—like nothing happened.

Several days has passed and Taeyong was extremely bothered. He was doing practically nothing unlike the others youngers like Mark or Donghyuck who played together with chess or did things together.

Ten on the other hand was studying his arts with his healing magic while the others trained. He couldn't join them in any way, no matter how good he was. He wanted to train but he surely didn't want to be bothered by the mockery of the soldiers probably had.

He didn't want to just attack some soldiers because they kept on pestering him wih his inability to work magic and defeat them easily. Their pride always bothered him.

He growled low in his chest.

He heard a shuffle by the door and his eyes shifted to see the intruder. It was the male he hasn't seen in days.

"Hey.", the small greeting caused Taeyong to urgently laugh but he gave off a confused look to mask his laugh away.

The taller looked up to meet his eyes before asking, "You haven't been out of this place for several days now so I was wondering if you wanted to come with me to go hunting?", he asked.

Taeyong thought about it for a second.

Out in the wilderness with this man alone?

Jaehyun interrupted his thoughts immediately, "It's fine if you don't want to. It's just, I thought you might want to go because you're used to being outside. I know these walls can get suffocating sometimes.", he explained.

Taeyong finally got up from the messed up bed, looking down to the velvet floor before nodding, "Yeah, I'll come. Just give me a minute or two to change."

He stood up to go to the closet and he heard the door close behind him.

He proceeded to wear his hunting outfit, and fixed his hair properly before giving his face a small splash of reality.

He'll give this Nocturne creature to redeem his species' stereotypes and make himself something different of what he thought he was. Maybe he'd actually be more open that way? He didn't know, all he knew was that he was still doubtful either way.

He walked out of his closet, and walked over to the door ans opened it to see Jaehyun leaning against the wall with crossed arms. He was a patient man for someone who had some temperant blood.

"Let's go?", the man asked, pushing his form away from the wall.

Taeyong nodded and they proceeded to walk down the long quiet hallways.

"Aren't we getting weapons?", Taeyong asked quietly, noticing how the younger didn't bring anything with him.

Jaehyun smiled, "That's why we're going to the weapon room. You'll have your pick.", he continued and led Taeyong down a long hallway.

As soon as they reached two big double doors, Jaehyun pushed them open as Taeyong glanced at the two guards standing by the sides holding snipers in their bulging arms.

Taeyong's mouth opened as soon as he took in every single weapon there was.

It had everything he liked—in fact, he loved every weapon! To see such a big amount of them in one room was a bliss.

He bit his lip and proceeded to find his way around the big room to find his desired hunting aide as he felt a pair of eyes burning his back.

He reached out to a pair of bow and arrow and felt the cold metal of the arrows and took the bow in hand as I tried pulling the string and tested it if it was easy to stretch and he was happy that it did.

He took the quiver and wore it over his head, placing it comfortably against his shoulder before holding the bow in one hand.

He took an arrow by reaching over his shoulder and stared at the metal shaft of the arrow before moving to the black silk feathers of the fletchings. He loved how the point was at least a centimeter long, enough to hurt through ana animal through.

"What a surprise, I see.", he turned to look at the man standing behind him who held a sniper in hand and gripped the slide, pulling it backwards before letting go, indicating that it pushed a round from the magazine into the chamber.

Taeyong raised an eyebrow.

"How is it so?", he asked with a small grin on his face.

Jaehyun gave him a lopsided grin before answering, "That's hard to maneuver but I guess, seeing you professionally work on it says otherwise.", he teased and Taeyong could only let out a small quiet laugh.

The redhead knew that these weapons only worked for Nocturnes, even though it looked like a weapon anyone could work on, all of the weapons in the room was heavy and considered impossible to handle if you're a cripple, but Taeyong was just someone who had hidden powers, it could show in the littlest ways possible even in handling weapons like these.

"Well, this is me.", Taeyong shrugged.

Jaehyun gave off a small smile, his dimples going up in their places and Taeyong couldn't help but stare a little longer.

"Let's see how you work then."