i just might know

Taeyong whimpered in pain, finally being aware of the pain shooting through his head and his body. He opened his tear-stained eyes and looked around where he was.

He stared at the different setting of the place and wondered where this place was.

Memories came rushing back through him and he clutched the blankets tightly in his hold, cowering in fear as his legs folded further into his chest.

He heard the light breathing of the person beside him, the warmth seeping through his small cold and shivering body, bringing comfort and safety to him.

Jaehyun shuffled in his bed, hearing soft cries and sniffles beside him. He opened his eyes to see a crying Taeyong, holding the blankets against his face closely, not wanting to let go.

He shot up from his laid position and gently pulled the older into his arms.

"Tae?", he called out as softly as he could.

The older replied by letting go of the blankets and wrapped his arms around Jaehyun's waist, the trembling hands digging into Jaehyun's back but he paid no mind, knowing that it was Taeyong's way of releasing his pain.

Jaehyun caressed his back, bringing the male closer to his chest, the older tucked in between his legs.

He took the thick blankets again and wrapped it around Taeyong's shivering figure.

"It's okay....it's okay..", Jaehyun cooed after hearing Taeyong's rash breathing and tears running down his face rapidly.

"J...Jae...", he quietly called, his breath hitching.

Jaehyun kissed the top of his head.

"It's okay....I'm here.", he whispered.

—————

Jaehyun sighed.

"I don't know what to do.", he grumbled under his breath, his hands wiping through his face as if to remove the problems and stress that easily which was reflecting on his physical appearance.

Not only could he not sleep whispering and holding Taeyong against him but it also the frequent heartaches he keeps getting from the so-called 'mate bond'. Whatever Taeyong felt, he did but it would much more take a toll on his emotional side than his physical. But by being emotionally drained, it reflected badly on his own face.

"Hey, you can wait. You don't need to rush it.", Taeil reminded, crossing his arms over his chest while his eyes bore into Jaehyun's disheveled form.

"But I can't stand seeing him like this. I'm hurting because of him...", Jaehyun frowned, his voice laced with tiredness.

"Jae, we'll be needing to tell him sooner or later, no matter how long, we will be. It's either you or someone else.", Sicheng explained.

Jaehyun raised his head from his hands, coming into a proper solution.

"I know....I know what to do!", he shouted, standing up from his chair and immediately walking out of his room, shutting the door loudly behind him.

"J-Jae!", Sicheng called out, stopping himself from running after the male.

"It's okay, Si. I'm pretty sure he's got a great plan for it.", Taeil mumbled and Sicheng could only bite his lip between his teeth, his brows worriedly met.

—————

Jaehyun pushed the door for his room quietly, making sure not to awaken the sleeping figure on the bed, tucked in comfortably.

He opened the drawer of his nightstand, pulling the box out and stared at the portal through the glass container.

He let out a deep breath with his heart beating fast in adrenaline.