sorry

Rhea let out a deep breath, staring at where her son was.

Her delicate face shadowed into a straight and stern look, her lips set into a thin line. She allowed her hands to fall by her sides before walking her way towards the main tree, Aerid. It was a large tree, soaring into the high skies, and it was where every Acrids lived—where she lived as the queen at the highest quarter in the home.

Acrids were faeiries, and most faeries reached the age of thousands but had the form of 16 at their most—strong and powerful Acrids who stay young to show their innocent and clean souls to watch from above.

"Queen Rhea! Was that Hyunnie?", her soft voice asked, her wings lightly flapping behind her back as she landed softly on the ground with her right foot first. She had pink ponytailed hair and had a gradient of blue, purple and pink on her wings.

She wore a color block of yellow and pink top and skirt with a pair of pink boots to adore her legs with. She was an astonishing faeirie—with deep black eyes that held soft authority yet still managed to be stern and be lax at the same time.

She was sub-leader' that takes care of everything when Rhea was away or resting and handled most of the news that reached to the Queen's ears.

Rhea smiled and patted her head.

The girl only reached just a few inches below her shoulders and it was adorable for her frame.

"It is, V.", she shortly answered.

Violet giggled, "So what are you planning?", she curtly asked, her feet turning to walk alongside her queen.

She let out a deep breath again, "How about we give them a little help?"

—————

"Taeyong! Run!! They'll kill you if you don't!!", his mother screamed while her form laid on the bloodied floor, fresh blood dripping down her whole body and her shaky hand reached out to reach towards her son.

Taeyong clutched tightly against his stuffed toy, his tense fingers boring into the poor bear as his breathing quickened. He couldn't speak a word, he couldn't shout or move, he can't do anything with what was going on.

The man walked over to his mother before bringing the bloody axe down her body, before the blood splattered onto Taeyong's cheek, her eyes seeming to blink a tear to fall before her form fell on the floor with a loud thud.

"Mom!", his broken voice called.

"Mom!!", he cried louder, reaching towards his mother's dead figure.

*

Taeyong let out heavy breaths as if he was running for miles while is body dripped with sweat and his hair stuck to his forehead. The pajamas he wore clung to his sweaty back like a second skin and his eyes widened in fear.

He looked over towards the large windowsill and mumbled, "It's only a dream, it's only a dream...you're okay....", he whispered, passing a shaky hand through his bangs to push them away from his wet forehead.

He stood on his two legs, his limbs lightly shaking with the nightmare—or so, a past nightmare.

He walked to the bathroom and opened the lights, his eyes blinded by the brightness as he splashed water all over his face. He looked up and stared at his reflection on the mirror. He looked pale and his eyes had bags under them.

He decided to remove his sweaty shirt and change into a new one before quietly walking towards the door. He opened it as quietly as possible and closed the door behind him.

The hallways were already dark and only had light emanating from the windows and the light glint form the wall lamps.

He walked downstairs towards the kitchen and didn't bother to open the lights before getting himself a glass of water. Gulping the whole glass down, he placed it down the sink but was stopped mid-way when he heard movement.

He swiftly turned around, his eyes scanning the dark environment and he heard it again.

It was right outside.

He looked over the back doon of the kitchen and cautiously walked over to it, opening it as quietly as possible before tiptoeing his way to the green grass, the new place obviously being a garden.

When he felt a hand creep on his shoulder, his instinct brought him to bring his fist up and clashed with the stranger's nose.

"Ugh...", the man held his face in his hand and groaned, the familiar voice making Taeyong's eyes widen in horror and gasp.

"Oh my god! I'm so sorry!", Taeyong covered his mouth in shock, his voice down in a controlled voice to avoid attracting the people who were peacefully sleeping.

It was only Jaehyun who caused him such utter shock.

He reached over to hold the man's arms away from his face to examine the now bleeding nose and pair of bruising lips.

"What are you doing out here?", he asked, his lip twitching at the sight of breaking the man's face.

"Well, if I would have known you were coming to assault me then I wouldn't get out of bed.", Jaehyun groaned, his finger reaching up to wipe the dripping blood from his nose.

Taeyong held a worried and sorry look on his face before saying, "Come, let's clean that up.", he offered, taking the man's wrist but was pulled back.

He looked up with a confused expression.

"It's okay, really. I'll just ask Ruby to clean this.", he complied and Taeyong frowned, "So you're bothering someone who's sleeping to fix that?", he challenged.

Not allowing the younger male to answer, he continued, "It's better if I clean it. Besides it was my fault you had it so let's just say this is my way of saying sorry.", he explained, tugging at Jaehyun's wrist again, but this time the other didn't pull back.

Taeyong was about to ask where the first aid kit was when Jaehyun interrupted him, "Let's go to my room, there's a first aid kit in the bathroom cabinet."

Jaehyun led the way towards his room before pushing the door open for Taeyong to enter.

Taeyong admires how the room told a lot about Jaehyun—the colors black, white and red just represented him so much and showed his attitude very well—cunning, mysterious, strong-willed and forward.

Taeyong instructed Jaehyun to sit on his bed before he proceeded to take the first aid kit in the bathroom, grabbing it in hand before aiding towards Jaehyun's side.

He took a cotton bud, pouring a small amount of water from the sink before wiping the excess blood from Jaehyun's face. Taeyong was focused in tending Jaehyun's face the the didn't notice the other's intense stare on him.

He was pretty up close—beautiful at that.

Jaehyun glided his eyes all over Taeyong's face before he noticed the scar under his right eye, shadowed by the moonlight opposite from it.

He decided to shut his mouth, knowing it was connected to his past but decided to open it up for another question.

"Why are you downstairs, anyways?", he asked softly.

The other stopped dabbing the cotton bud with betadine on his lip before staring deep into his eyes, his dark brown eyes boring into his own brown orbs.

He noticed the trace of wetness over his long lashes and figured it his mind before the other answered in his own behalf, "Just a bad nightmare.", he answered before continuing on tending Jaehyun's bruised lips.

Jaehyun looked down to Taeyong's hands who were fixing the first aid kit back into place and he felt bad with how they were lightly shaking.

"Then they were that bad to make you go downstairs just to get yourself a glass of water, isn't it?", he asked softly, as if he was dismissing the bad signs all over Taeyong's body.

Taeyong smiled.

"Yeah, I guess."