i remember

After Taeyong had cleaned Jaehyun's wounds, he went on with placing the first aid kit back in the bathroom cabinet before walking over to the relaxed male.

The silence continued to devour them before Taeyong decided to clear his throat, "Uh, I'll get going to my room then.", he turned his back and walked towards the door, only to be stopped with a tug on his wrist.

His breath hitched at the contact and electricity shot through his wrist towards his spine, sending delightful shivers all over his body.

'What is this?'

Jaehyun furrowed his eyebrows at the feeling he recieved from the touch before setting aside and asked, "Stay."

It was more of a command and Taeyong's lips trembled as he let out a shaky breath, the deep husky yet smooth voice sending weird sensations all over his body.

He turned around before sitting down beside the male, the light grip on his wrist slowly loosening.

He sat by the nightstand and faced Jaehyun with crossed legs on the soft dark duvets while he allowed Jaehyun to keep quiet to himself.

The male looked like he was thinking somewhere else and it would be rude of him to leave just like that or to bother him from his clouded thoughts, so he took his time taking in the interior of the large room.

Jaehyun on the other hand, was extremely bothered.

He could still sense it—that same feeling, from Taeyong. It was clouding his senses and it wasn't nice how he was feeling it from someone he'd expect the most.

To have a feeling only mates could only sense, he was bothered with how Taeyong didn't seem to notice it but he could. It was like a mystery he couldn't solve. If Taeyong is his mate, then he could sense it on his own, but it seemed like he didn't.

He still was the quiet, cold, and the self-kept man he saw the first time he did. It looked like a barrier was formed to protect him from anything else—even from something that was pleasurably new, for example, a new admirable and open friend.

Which was him, Jaehyun.

But he protected himself from anything and with that fact, he can't seem to reach out to the older and he can't figure out what he was sensing of from what he expected was his mate.

Jaehyun's eyes caught on Taeyong's hand that reached out towards the diamond shaped box which kept the portal safe.

His shoulders lightly tensed before he took a deep breath.

Taeyong doesn't know about it's use, and surely would not be able to recognize what it is—it was only exclusive to people who had Acrid blood in them and no one knew the portal towards the high world of Aerid unless you were a 'chosen one' or an Aerid who lived in the world.

Taeyong took the case in hand, twisting the lock open before taking the portal in hand.

"How do you own one of these?", he asked and Jaehyun furrowed his eyebrows in a split second before relaxing.

"From my mother.", he shortly answered, disregarding in expanding his explanation.

Taeyong nodded before continuing, "How do you have one of these?", he asked calmly as if it was the most normal thing to say.

Jaehyun furrowed his eyebrows in cautious curiousity.

"What do you mean?", he asked.

Taeyong shrugged, "I had one of these at my old home. The one where I lived when I was a kid.", he answered and stared at the flower inside the clear cube.