queen

"Hey, Snow!", Taeyong greeted, bending his knees down on the ground and the dog immediately licked his cheek, his tail wagging behind his large fury body.

The door closed behind Jaehyun as the male stared at the redhead with his dog.

He seemed to be fond of Taeyong, even though he was only staying for quite a few days. He knew it wasn't Snow when he was being this open, when in fact he was very quiet, loyal and always wary of strangers.

"Go wash up and have your rest. I'm sure you're tired.", Jaehyun calmly ordered, and he saw Taeyong's brown orbs look up to him and nod.

"I will."

Jaehyun nodded, walking away and strode towards his room.

Taeyong watched the retreating form and he heard the small voice in his head whisper harshly against him.

'You're doubting now, aren't you?', he asked himself.

He let out a sigh, ignoring the slight pang in his chest, before quietly walking down the hallway and to his room. He closed the door behind, Snow quietly trailing behind his back as he continued on to the bathroom, while the dog stayed on his bed.

He stripped off his clothes and allowed the warm water fall onto his tense and tired muscles, his chest taking in a deep breath before letting it out in delight as his eyes closed.

He can't be too close, no. Not with what happened years ago. He promised he would try to forget the pain—he did, but he didn't vow that he'd fall for the Nocturnes again. Even if they took them in, it doesn't mean they weren't hating them, the newcomers.

If the new generation of Nocturnes changed, then that means he had nothing to worry about and he didn't need to be so cautious but they needed to gain the trust they lost of him with the loss of his loving parents.

If they weren't that bad, then nothing could go wrong, right?

—————

Jaehyun kept his lips in a thin line.

What the hell was that?

When he brought Taeyong towards the dragons' home, he knew there was something off. He wasn't one to be so tense and annoyed with something so small but it bothered him—badly.

The moment Taeyong actually seemed happy with him, taming a newborn dragon, he swore he felt something unusual with the other.

It wasn't bad but it wasn't something that he'd let go.

He felt...something, like something was pulling him in and he heard his heart beating right into his ears at that split second like it was—he didn't know. He was confused, and he knew someone who held the answer to that.

He pushed his door open and shut it behind his back, looking over to the gold diamond shaped glass box sitting by his nightstand.

He took a quick shower before changing into a pair of gray sweatpants and a white pullover before walking his way towards the glass box.

He took it in his two hands, letting it sit at his bed as he crossed his legs, his eyes trained towards the locked casing as it sat down at his soft bed covers. He twisted the lock at the top, the four sides of the case falling down, unlocking the case for Jaehyun to use.

He stare at the portal key he owned.

It was a glass cube with a rare strawflower sitting in the middle of its interior.

(N/A: To make it easier, it's a sola cube, it's one of my favorite things in the world as well :). But of course it has a different role in this story. I'll show you a picture: