ambush

Taeyong's eyes opened to Taeil's room.

He looked out the window and saw that it was actually evening. He sat up the bed and hugged his body. He was shivering even though it was warm in the room.

He stood up and walked out of the room and his first instinct was to check on Yuta.

He walked towards the guest room and was met with a wake Yuta. He was lying down but he was staring out the window, looking up at the dark starry sky.

"Yuta...", he whispered his name just like he used to call him when they were still small. He looked at Taeyong and smiled.

"Yongie...", he called and the called guy walked over to his bed, grabbing the empty cushioned chair and held Yuta's hands in his.

"How are you?", he asked.

Yuta met his eyes and the called name sighed, "I'm fine. Just a little tired.", he answered and rubbed Taeyong's back of the hands.

The silence soon came. It wasn't bad at all, it was actually very comforting. It was like a silence that wanted them to take in that they were together again.

"What happened back there?", the redhead started. Yuta shook his head, "I was supposed to be on watch this morning. The bastard caught me off guard. He had a few with him and that's when I realized he killed some of the guards and I was on my own. I didn't know how he got his way through at all. He was a mere earthbender and his friends were easy to kill.", he explained.

His hand passed his hair in a stressful manner.

"After time came, that's when I knew—he was a Mystic. Of course, why would someone attack easily then get stronger later on. He couldn't read me, that's why he took the safe route.", he answered and rubbed his face, as if to remove the stress that way.

"It was a good thing I found you then.", Taeyong said and leaned back against the chair.

"Yeah, it was.", Yuta agreed as he nodded.

"But that means your part of a group, aren't you?", Taeyong asked, his heart aching. It only meant that Yuta was with a group. With mages. Which he hated.

"Tae—", everything was abruptly stopped when a rock was thrown into Yuta's bedroom window.

Taeyong immediately stood up and Yuta tried standing up.

Gunshots were heard and that's when Taeyong knew, they needed to leave.

"Tae, there's too many of them. We need to get out of here.", Yuta was shaking, with the cold air and the fear. The two walked down to the first floor and saw the others taking cover.

Taeyong took the pistol from the table as soon as he heard the door burst open. He shot the perosn trying to come in and the body fell to the ground, the blood oozing out fo his shot head.

"Let's get out of here.", Taeyong hissed and everyone started getting out.

But it wasn't that easy.

People kept coming and attacking from everywhere. Yuta, who was injured was still fighting with his abilities. Ten who fought with stealth using a katana, Johnny who killed with two guns, Haechan who fought from up above on a tree, Taeil who used his abilities to take down enemies easily.

Taeyong had a cut on his shoulder and blood splattered onto his cheek. As soon as the coast was clear for some time, he looked around.

"Let's get moving!", Johnny shouted.

They continued running away and fought their way out of the danger near their old home.

They were getting farther away from their home and everything was now calm. It was all silence. There was only snow and trees but the darkness was being washed out by the glow of the moon up above.