the truth untold

Sicheng nodded.

"Shifters are just as what they're called—they trick people by changing into their desired forms. They're the dark part of this beautiful world and defies against the whole world's hierarchy. They don't follow any gods and have their own beliefs—their truth is different from anyone in the world does. That includes, doing everything they can to break the prophecy destined to kill their kind.", he explained, searching for his answer in Taeyong's eyes.

Taeyong solemnly nodded, taking in the information and he made sure that he remembered it very well, before proceeding to ask another understandable question.

"What prophecy?", he quietly asked.

Sicheng almost raised a brow.

'He really doesn't know anything, does he?'

"It's basically the fate of Jaehyun and his mate.", he answered shortly.

Great, so now I'm hitting two birds with one stone, Sicheng sarcastically thought.

He was mixing everything up which wasn't what he planned. He was planning to find if Taeyong was a Shifter first before finding out if Taeyong is Jaehyun's mate but everything seemed to be out of place.

Something that never happened to any Mystic before.

"Jae-Jaehyun?", he stuttered, raising a questioning brow at Sicheng.

Sicheng hummed.

"Yup."

He continued on.

"The prophecy states, a baby was to be born—half Nocturne, half Imperial. He was to grow and flourish his abilities and find his mate. Mates weren't something this world has. The prophecy states that Jaehyun does have a destined mate and together, they'd be fitting of defeating the Shifters and bring peace to the world—", he stopped and continued the confusing part of the story.

"But Jaehyun was supposed to find his mate sooner.", he frowned.

Taeyong furrowed his brows in confusion.

"What? He hasn't? Then the prophecy—"

Sicheng nodded and Taeyong's shoulders slumped.

"That sounds bad.", he mumbled and started biting his thumbnail.

Sicheng stared at the flaw and realized that it was something Taeyong did when he was nervous.

Then a knock came on by the door and Taeyong flinched.

"I'll go get it.", he stood up from his Indian sit and stood up.

Sicheng opened his mouth to speak up but he had nothing to say so he gripped Taeyong's wrist and his heart hammered loudly in his chest.

What—

What is this?

He stared at his hand holding Taeyong's bare wrist and furrowed his eyebrows as his mouth opened and closed.

"Is there something you need?", Taeyong asked.

Sicheng shook his head and for the first time in his life, he's never been this nervous and shaken before.

It had him shaken when he wasn't able to get a reading on Taeyong—even with the bare skin contact. His ability was able to read through things and people and see through memories but he couldn't get a read on Taeyong. Even he knows that he could get reads on Shifters—which was part of his ability but he wasn't able to read higher factions.

Which could mean—

"No, uh, I was just leaving.", he stuttered, trying to get his senses back and stood up, wiping his shaky hands on his pink sweater and walked towards the door.

He opened it to see Ten on the other side but before the smaller could say something—just anything, he sent the guy a small smile and frantically walked away.

He walked towards his room and shut himself in.

—————

Jaehyun entered his room quietly and walked over to the standing male by the windowsill.

"Sicheng?", he called.

The male was only stiff and stood tense by the window and didn't move an inch at all. It seemed that something was bothering him.

"He's not a Shifter.", Sicheng started off.

Jaehyun stared Sicheng's blonde hair, searching for the man's eyes—sending this, Sicheng turned around and sighed.

"In fact, he's something more.", he stared.

Jaehyun furrowed his eyebrows.

"I can't read him—"

Jaehyun's eyes widened and blinked them twice, not believing with what his friend had actually said.

"He might be a Nocturne or an Imperial or of both. I can't seem to find anything more, he was....something else.", Sicheng frowned, looking down at the red carpeted floor.

Jaehyun didn't talk.

"But, I have something for you.", he started off.

"What is it?", Jaehyun asked interestingly.

Sicheng snickered.

—————

Sicheng lead him to the library, opening one of the big double wooden doors, and closed it shit behind them.

"What are we doing at the library?", Jaehyun asked, his brows raising up in confusion.

"I have someone who can help.", Sicheng smiled comfortably and Jaehyun felt his heart burst.

His friend was adorable.

He remembered the times when they were still kids, Sicheng would be always quiet and hid behind him the whole time with his stuffed lamb and he would shake his head whenever someone tried prying him away from Jaehyun.

He seemed like someone who was genuine about helping Jaehyun—which he found odd since he knew Sicheng was against it in the first place.

But who was he to get confused to a guy who was unreadable guy like Sicheng?

He almost raised an eyebrow when he noticed a small frame standing by the window and had his arms crossed.

The figure turned giving a small smile.

Jaehyun furrowed his eyebrows in confusion at the familiar face.

"How great to see you again, Jaehyun.", he greeted, his smile mirroring his business-like manners.

"Taeil? Aren't you supposed to be training right now?", Jaehyun asked, finally figuring out who it was. He was one of Taeyong's close friends and a Mystic, like Sicheng.

"Sicheng asked for my help so I came here for help.", he answered.

"Let's all relax, shall we?", Sicheng urged and they followed suit, sitting down in different couches, facing each other.

"So what is all this?", Jaehyun asked curiously.

Taeil looked up, "I have answers that can help your confusion but—", he stopped.

"Everything I say right now are only exclusive to us and will only be said when Taeyong opens up about it himself.", he ordered, a stoic gaze piercing through Jaehyun's understanding ones.

Jaehyun nodded hesitantly.

He still didn't know what this was all about but he was sure it was of the redhead.

"Okay."

Taeil gave a small toothless smile.

"Shall we start then?"

.......

This is pretty short, yeah, I know, but I wanted everything important on the next chapter so I'm stopping it early.

If you noticed, this chapter is kinda shit—I really didn't know what to write but I made sure to put the important details so I might edit it some more in the future or not, I'm not sure but thank you for supporting this story, by the way! ; )