where is he

"Where the hell is he?"

Jaehyun couldn't relax. He couldn't find his Snow anywhere. He looked on every floor and room of the mansion. He just couldn't find the dog anywhere! He even looked at the gardens himself, knowing how the dog liked winter and the luscious white fields.

Still, the dog wasn't there.

He was starting to get worried.

He left the dog alone for the day after Lucas found Yuta's location. The boy has been missing for a day after a mischievous attack from elementalists from god knows where. He knew the guards were attacked and he was worried for his friend.

He set off on a journey with a few of the Vanguards, thinking that it would probably make the search easier. And he saw such interesting people.

"Woah, woah, woah, woah. What's going on?", Yuta asked as soon as he stepped inside the lounge. Everyone was there having their happy moment by the fireplace.

The room was high-ceiling with large high windows which had window seats as well. There were cushioned couches and bean bags everywhere. Bookshelves, paintings and decors adorned the walls on each corner. There was a fireplace in the middle and had ornaments on them.

The room was very cozy as the moonlight dimmed the warm room. Jungwoo and Lucas were snuggled up on the left couch with a blanket covering up to their waist as they talked. Doyoung was by the beanbag in between the floor table and the rigt couch where Yuta was. He was eating a bag of chips all by himself while Sicheng was by the left window seat, reading a book in his hand.

Everyone turned their attention to Jaehyun as he seemed very flustered.

Jaehyun looked around looking for the familiar white fury cover of his pet.

"Where's Snow?", he asked and finally met eyes with each one of his close friends. Yuta's brows furrowed at their leader's question. "Snow? Isn't he in your room?", Yuta asked and stuffed soms more chips in his mouth, the sound of the chips being munched slightly echoing across the quiet room, blending with the crackles of the firewood.

"He isn't there. I looked everywhere!", he stated. He was getting so panicked. The dog was smart himslef but people were smarter than a mere pet with four legs.

Sicheng finally looked up from his novel, taking interest in Jaehyun's flustered state.

"He's probably outside. By the garden. Have you checked?", Jungwoo asked quietly with a worried look. Everyone knew Snow. The obedient, loving dog that was a very close friend to them.

Jaehyun shook his head before his hands rubbed his face stressfully.

"Try checking the guest rooms.", Sicheng suggested as he stretched his feet down to the red carpeted floor as he closed his book.

"I'd be invading such privacy.", Jaehyun sighed.

"Besides why would Snow go there?", he inquired, suddenly realizing why such suggestion came from Sicheng. The latter could only shrug his shoulders.

Yuta stood up.

"I'll check.", he offered and placed the pillow he had down on the couch.

Jaehyun shook his head.

"No, no. It's fine, I'll go. You need to rest here.", he said, thinking about Yuta's wounds. He wanted his friend to recover as fast as possible so that they wouldn't worry.

Yuta blinked, "Are you sure?", he asked as he tilted his head. Jaehyun could only nod. "Besides, I'd better take consideration of them. I need to get to know them since they would be staying here from now on.", he said and passed his right hand through his hair.