his memories

"Wake up, Taeyong.", Rhea whispered.

Taeyong had been gone for days, sleeping his pain through after Rhea gave him a spell to stop his pain for the meantime. But it meant a long period of unconsciousness which she waited patiently with.

Telling something as big as this doesn't need to be rushed, it doesn't even need to be said in the first place to Taeyong.

But it was his destiny to fulfill the prophecy and the war was coming faster than it should be, putting everything at risk which can cause imbalance with the world's yin and yang for the evil took over.

Taeyong slowly opened his eyes, his brows furrowed with the bright light and he looked around where he was, realizing that it wasn't Jaehyun's room at all.

"How are you feeling?"

His head snapped to his left, seeing a woman who sat by down beside the bed, a soft gorgeous beauty sat by him, with dark brown irises that seemed to stare through him, fair white skin the flowed under the light, small sharp nose, and pink thin lips. She looked awfully familiar.

"Where am I?", Taeyong asked, his brows furrowing.

He was glad that the pain was gone but he was confused as to where he was. Was he dead? Everything looked so bright and silent from where he lied down.

"You're in Aeird. The Land of the Gods.", she quietly answered, her soft voice temptingly lulling Taeyong back to sleep.

"Where's Jaehyun?", he asked, remembering how he was last in Jaehyun's room, resting.

She shook her head.

"I need you to remember.", she straightforwardly said, her eyes boring into Taeyong's cold and composed ones.

"Remember? Remember what?", Taeyong asked, tilting his head to the side in curiosity.

Rhea took his hands in her soft warm ones and clasped it in between her slightly bigger ones and stared at the long delicate fingers hidden under her palms.

"That night when your parents died, you knew they hid it from you.", she started, staring at Taeyong's hands, avoiding Taeyong's eyes intentionally.

"What do you mean?", the redhead asked.

Rhea finally met his eyes, now holding a hair-raising stare that sent shivers throughout his body.

"You knew all along but you didn't say anything.", she continued on, her lips set into a thin line while Taeyong thought of his past in confusion.

"Wait, how do you even know all of this?", Taeyong shook his head, almost pulling his hands away from Rhea's in extreme caution but the woman held tightly on his own hands, keeping him away from escaping.

Ignoring his question, she continued, "Remember, Taeyong. I need you to remember your past. Your truth. Your fate. I need you to remember that one thing you've forgotten this whole time.", Rhea urged.

Not answering, Taeyong's mind blanked.

Being extremely determined, Rhea flipper Taeyong's wrist gently, staring at the pale underside of his wrist. Her index and middle finger ghosted over the skin, a strange glowing mark forming on Taeyong's wrist before it magically disappeared through his skin, as if it was absorbed.

Taeyong's mind started to get drowsy, until his eyes met hers.

"Ricordare.", she whispered, Taeyong's eyes slowly closing.

—————

Taeyong slowly opened his eyes, his ears catching on the sound of the wind howling quietly while the cold didn't bother him as much as he'd expect it to. Winter was his home anyways.

His brows furrowed when he turned to look at the cabin. It was awfully familiar.

He looked down on his hands, noticing how transparent they were, being able to see the cold snow where his feet deeply dug and clung on.

"Taeyong!"

The redhead turned around to see Taeil running towards him. He saw a younger him coming out of the woods, a blank look plastered on his face.

"Your parents.....", Taeil mumbled.

"Hyung!! Hyung!", Yuta's young voice resonated through the area, the young Taeyong quickly alert.

Taeyong knew these were his memories but he didn't want to face it too soon. He was still healing from everything but he didn't want to run away like a coward that he was back when he was young.

Taeyong followed the kids' steps, finally reaching their home and his hand flew over his mouth, the scene unfolding in front of him.

His mother struggled to get away but was brutally bashed on the head using an axe. Her body dropped loudly against the cold wooden floors, the blood splattering all over the walls and onto the young Taeyong's cheeks.

His eyes weren't as scared as it used to be, they were emotionless and blank.

The opposite of which he remembered.

He remembered crying in fear, and couldn't move at all due to the fear he head but the Taeyong he was seeing right now was collected yet tense.

He looked up at the invaders again and tears started falling out of his eyes. His lips slightly trembled as he let out short broken breaths to avoid wailing out loudly.

'I don't want to return yet.', he thought.

He was crying—who wouldn't when the truth that he wanted to run away from was here? The Nocturnes he used to have in his memories were now deep shadows of black, glowing red eyes that held death and brutality in them.

Breaking through lies to seek the truth untold—

'I don't want to return yet, please.', he cried in his head.

The setting yet again changed.

It was now the scene of where Snow had brought him the satchel with food and water. He shook his head, wiping the tears away only to be replaced with new ones.

Instead of hearing, 'Where'd you get all of these?', from the young Taeyong, he heard this—

"You know my mate, don't you?", he asked, staring right through the dog's eyes with a look he couldn't decipher at all.

Real memories came rushing back to him, different memories he chose to forget due to the promise he made to himself, to hide away from the painful past he had as a child. So he covered his memories with all the lies he could. He covered them with what he knew was what would keep him safe.

But it was his fate, so why did he even try to run away? Away from his destiny?-

Away from his mate?

A false memory came rushing back to him.

It was the time where he was alone in the castle's room, thinking of random thoughts he could. A whisper suddenly came to his ears, but was overlapped with the real thought in his memory.

"I don't like Jaehyun at all. He was someone I know I won't be able to trust knowing my past with Nocturnes."

'He's my mate and yet because of my pain, I covered my truth with the lies that you see.'

Breaking through the truth to seek hidden lies—

It was you.

The one who could see through me, the one who could open me up, the one who made me realize how much it was hurting me more bottling everything up. The one who made me realize, that you are my mate, and it is you completes me.

As our fates become tightly tied.

=====

Take note of those bold lines, they have an important, important role to the whole story, I promise.