𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟕

Start from the beginning

"I don't want you to be them! I know how sweet and how kind you can be calliope! What happened to my little bear?!"

"She grew up." Is all I said, disappearing into the night. Soon I wondered off to the one place that I felt home, the willow tree.

Sitting there I hugged my knees to my chest and just cried. I was an awful person. I wasn't meant to be here, to be apart of this family my father created. I knew where I was better off, and now that I scared off Jake maybe it's best I do leave.

The Volturi has been wanting me since my father introduced me to them. Maybe it's time to return. "I don't belong here..." I whispered softly underneath my sobs.

"You do belong." Furrowing my brows I lifted my head from the wall that was my arm that I had been resting my head on and seen him standing there. "Jake I don't belong here you don't even really know me." I sniffled. Jake walks closer to me and kneels down to my level. "I know you enough to know that your a good person...that you care about others, that your funny and can be an ass when you want to be. But most of all I know that family is important to you and that they wouldn't want you feeling like this."

Jake says kindly, though he never met my family, he made me feel much better about it all. He just kept redeeming himself. His hand went to cup my teary eyed face and I shook my head moving away from it. He looked away in awkwardness and confusion. "I can't....I can't touch you. Jake..." I quietly croaked, to which he scrunched his brows. "Why?"

"Because if I do...you'll hate me forever." I rasped to which he shook his head "I couldn't never hate you Callie."

"You've known me for three months Jake...." I chuckled sadly, it's really been three months. "Why do you think that? Huh? Why do you think that I'd hate you if We touch?"

"Because there are things about me that you don't know, things that can change...everything." I replied looking at the doe eyed boy. "Tell me. I promise you it can't be that bad."

"But it can be, Jake what your asking me to tell you is literally something out of this world." I tried hinting but again he didn't understand I'm sure he didn't.

"Calliope...tell me."

"I'm....I'm different from a normal person." I tried to word it simply but that really didn't make it obvious. "Different how?"

Something clicked in my head, instead of trying to explain I should just show him.

"Don't freak out...okay?" He was curious to why he would freak out. "Okay."

Taking a deep breath and exhaling i pick up a dead daisy from the ground beside me. "Open your hand." I whispered to which he complied I dropped the dead daisy in the palm of his hand and I hovered my hand on either side of it.

Here goes nothing. Focusing my energy on the damaged flower, a small glow started to appear in it and it began to bloom. Jakes eyes widened and his mouth fell agape as the newly bloomed and beautiful flower that was dead seconds ago laid gracefully in his hand. "H-how?"

Bringing his gaze away from the flower to me, it clicked in his head. "Your a....your a witch?" I mean....I guess I can take the title technically I am partially witch. I Nod with a small closer lip smile.

"That's...that's okay. I don't care—I mean—I mean I care but not like—not like it's a problem—I understand why—"

"Jake." I hummed "yeah?"

"Stop talking." I chimed and he laughed softly "but that still doesn't explain why I can't touch you."

"When I touch people for the first time...I see all they're darkness. I feel they're pain." I quickly dropped the little smile I did have as I fiddled with my nails. Embarrassment and envy laced I my tone. "Would it hurt you really bad?" Jake asked, and I shrugged "it depends on how dark your mind is, your memories."