𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏

✿「 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐞 | 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐛𝐥𝐞𝐦 」✿

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐞 | 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐛𝐥𝐞𝐦

I snapped awake from my sleep to my father gently patting me. "Your having a nightmare sweetheart." I sit up taking the glass of water my father was offering to me. "Thank you."

"Calliope...I know that I will never know the pain you endure every day...and I have to live with that everyday that I can't protect my little girl...and i want you to know that I truly am sorry." My father croaked looking anywhere but my eyes. I had been hard on him lately, it's only because being the anchor had been a lot recently. I think someone is hunting witches.

"Dad, you don't have to apologize. I'm sorry I have been being a real...bitch. Lately."

He chuckled and shook his head "no...just a little overwhelmed I think."

"Dad?" I called after a brief pause. "Yes Darling?"

"I.....I think someone is hunting us—the witches." I slowly responded bringing my eyes back to him. "How do you mean?"

"I mean—I can feel them, I can feel that something is wrong, and it's spreading rather quickly. I just need to know what." I breathed. "What can I do to help?"

"I need the body of a witch, so I can get into her head." I got up and shuffled through the pile of grimoires on my desk.

"We can't just go looking for bodies but I may be able to find a live one would that work?" My father Carlisle asked standing up, I nodded. "Yes, if she's encountered whatever is hunting them I'll be able to uh-be able to figure this out."

"I'll see what I can do, and calliope?" He called causing me to pull my eyes from my book. "Hmm?"

"I think it would be good for you to attend school...you'll be able to graduate with your siblings."

My heart stopped briefly "dad...you know that's not a good idea."

"I think maybe it'd do you some good to get out of this house, just try for me?" He begged. And to that I huffed and dropped the book closed on my desk, pinching the bridge of my nose. "Okay, yeah sure. Dad I'll, I'll go."

This sparks a smile on his face, pulling me in for a hug. "Don't worry I'll have Esme fill a hydro with o negative for you, and you have that elixir you give to Jasper that can help you."

I bop my head not really knowing how to respond to this news. He grins pressing a kiss to my forehead he leaves the room. Leaving me to huff. Holding my head in my hands I internally slap myself for agreeing to be around humans all day.

Sluggishly walking out of my bedroom I go to the kitchen pulling open the freezer, I grab the tub of strawberry flavored iced cream and a spoon. Scooping it into my mouth. "Rough night?" I heard Edward chirp. Edward had always been the closest thing I had to a brother since we met him. He was my brother in my mind they all were. "Yeah...dad says I'm going to school with you guys."