𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟐

✿「 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞 | 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐲 𝐛𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐡𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐞

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞 | 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐲 𝐛𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐡𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐞.

Calliope and the family arrived at the restaurant, the blonde made sure to sit as far away from her brother as possible. She was having a shitty day, and the last thing she needed was for him to out her on her relationship status.

"Callie darling, you always sit next to Edward on his birthday, why are you sitting there?" Carlisle asked noticing the movement. "Oh—uh I thought Bella was—"

"No I'm sitting on this side." Bella says, not knowing about the situation between the two siblings. Calliope smiles tightly, forcing it out. She gets up and plopped down beside Edward, squeezing her hands closed tightly to fight back the uncomfortable explosion of emotion.

'Your doing something dangerous calliope...' Edward telepathically says to calliope who scoffed under her breath.

'Get out of my head Edward'

'you aren't stable enough to be in a relationship, one wrong mood and you can collapse our world whole' the worried man thought once more.

This made calliopes blood boil, how could he talk about her and her safety, her and her relationship, whereas he was doing the same thing. She had her emotions under control, she thought she did anyway. Who was he to tell her how she felt?!

'I have everything under control, I'm as stable as I ever been.' The girls telepathic voice rang. "You guys decide on what you want?" Bella asked the two.

"Gnocchi." Calliope and Edward spoke in union in an annoyed tone. They enjoyed that specific dish, always have. "Oh how is that?" The pale swan girl asked. "Great." "Good."

She nods "I'll try that."

"So, calliope how was your first day back?" Carlisle asked his daughter, sipping the fine wine. "It was fine."

"Yeah you bailed as soon as we got there." Rose mentioned swirling the water in the cup. Calliopes eyes snapped to rose sending a glare, while Esme and carlisle's brows furrowed. "Where did you go?"

"Home. Wasn't feeling it. There now you know everything, my day was horrible and I'm in a shitty mood. Happy now daddy dearest?" She snapped sarcasm laced in her tone. Her blood hot and her eyes crazed. "They know everything? Pft...yeah tell yourself that." Edward mumbled swallowing the white wine.

Twisting her neck to face Edward she narrowed her eyes. Signaling for him to stop where he's at.

"What are you talking about Edward?" Carlisle asked. Jasper felt calliopes mood grow angrier and angrier, but she also felt fear. "What jas?" Alice whispered to her mate. "She's angry...very...very angry..." he whispered back, Alice holding onto him tightly. "I can't read her future...she's had be blocked for months."  Says The pixie like vampire.

"Tell them Callie, or should I?" Edward insisted in a calm voice. "You will say nothing or I will have your tongue."

The girl sneered through gritted teeth, a hard glare her eyes fiery and determined. Edward looked beyond those enraged eyes and say the fear huddled behind the larger amount of rage.

"Your precious daughter has been lying to us, lying to everyone."

"Don't." Calliopes heart skipped. "Lying about what—Edward what is this your speaking about??" Esme asked genuinely full of concern. Edward parts his lips to speak calliopes hand immediately slapped onto his arm. 'If you do this brother—I will never forgive you. This will be a act of disloyalty and betrayal and if you love me as you say you do, you won't say a word. I'm begging. Do not do this.'

Edward heard her pleads, listened closely and yet it wasn't enough. Bella realized what he was speaking about and quickly says "don't do that Edward. It's not your story to tell."

Edward debating on saying it...but Bella didn't know what was best for calliope she didn't even understands what she was, or what she could do. Still staring into Bella's big brown eyes, Edward says.

"Calliope is seeing Jacob black."

A crowd of gasped ruptured through the reserved room. Calliope squeezed her eyes shut, disappointed and betrayed with Edwards choice. "The mutt?!" Rose blared with furrowed brows, she didn't know the boy she'd been seeing was a shapeshifter in the making.

"That's against the law—that's—that's against our nature—that's Sick!" Emmett exclaimed grimacing. "That's not right..."Alice looked away to Jasper not saying anything else. Calliope began to feel small, belittled. They were disgusted with her.

"Calliope—do you understand what your doing?! You aren't in control enough to even consider being in a relationship—let alone one with a shapeshifter!" Her father bellowed in a low voice. "I'm in control enough—I'm not a child I understand everything perfectly clear."

"He doesn't know what you are—and when he finds out he will be disgusted and mortified!" Carlisle blurted out "Carlisle!" Esme shouted at her husbands blunt remark. "What?! It's true, she is not to see that boy—it will only cause us trouble with the treaty! Trouble with the volturi and the shapeshifters, we will be Killed!"

"What's the difference between Edward and I? Why can he be with a human, why can I be with Jacob? What's the difference?!" She shouted

"YOU KNOW THE DIFFERENCE!" Carlisle shouted slamming his hands on the table terribly disappointed and Angered by her choice in Love.

"I love him." Calliope croaked the tear dripping from her eye as she felt her world crumble knowing what was to happen to her.

"Love? Calliope you don't know what love is—your incapable of it! Your mind won't let you comprehend such an emotion you know that!" Carlisle further explained.

And this was correct to an extent, love wasn't something she could comprehend because she could only feel so little things in order to keep her powers in balance. Of course she knew her family cared and "loved" her, but romantic love...that was something she couldn't understand or wrap her head around. At least until now.

Calliope scoffed at her fathers words. Feeling more tears coming on she says to her father "You all may think that—but I know—I know In my heart what I feel for Jacob...I know what I want and I know how to keep my feelings under control. So Don't belittle me when you don't know how I feel!"

Carlisle stands up and walks over to his daughter who stands tall not loving an inch. "If he breaks your heart, and he will once he finds out what you are, you will create a bigger mess for everyone. You are too powerful—to fragile of a being to have something like this....calliope...darling I'm just trying to protect you."

"Your protecting yourself." The emerald eyed Cullen whispered with a frown, her eyes full of sadness and betrayal. No one spoke, everyone only watched the interaction and listened. Edward sunk into his seat knowing the look in her eyes, and feeling Bella's judgement towards him.

Rose was disgusted but also felt pity for the girl who only wanted to be loved , Emmett the same and Jasper felt sympathy, he thought the girl should love who she wanted no matter what.

Alice wasn't on the same page as her mate, she hated the fact that Callie chose to fall in love with a wolf of all things. Esme felt the sadness for Callie agreeing with jaspers opinion and Bella felt guilty and horrible that Edward found out.

"I think it's time we leave." Carlisle cleared his throat feeling the suffocation of the tension in the room. Calliope turned to face edward who now was standing, a look of disgust expressed across her face.

Edward felt a sting on the side of his face and the sound of a slap. On the other end of the altercation was calliope. "Happy birthday you Asshole." Storming out of the restaurant with tears streaming down her face, her heart ached from betrayal, and the thought of knowing what will happen to her.

***