Unplanned And Outvoted

Jimin's heart thudded painfully and nervously.

All of the players were in position, what with half time being over. He closed his eyes for a second to focus his attention.

This was Jimin's first match as a captain. It was only a small one, between them and and the neighboring school and it was often labelled as a friendly game. But for Jimin, it was anything but friendly. He wanted to win so badly, his entire being screamed with wanting.  

Right now, their scores were 20-23 and Jimin wanted nothing but to get the higher points.

The umpire whistled and all of a sudden, it was chaos.

The opposing team had the ball and were passing it along it's players, down the field to their goal when hoseok snatched the ball deftly, making Jimin smile proudly. He ran down the field in accordance with Hoseok waiting for the older to throw the ball and when he did, Jimin dribbled down the field with unbelievable speed, shooting with perfect accuracy, earning three points, successfully closing the gap of points between them and the opposing team.

The crowd cheered wildly and Jimin could see Jungkook, Weein and Moonbyul, right there in the front, calling out his name and Jimin grinned, proudly.

If he could continue to do those three pointers, they had a big time chance at winning, he was sure.

There was a frozen state in the court once again as a player of the opposing team held the ball, ready to throw it in and begin the game again.

Seconds later, the court was in utter chaos again.

___________________

They won!

Jimin couldn't believe it. Not only did they win, they won with with a mighty gap of nine marks!

Though most of it was Jimin's work, he refused to accept it. He gathered around the players for a small speech.

"okay, so we nailed the first match" cheering and howling erupted, making Jimin chuckle. "but" he continued. "this is just a tiny thing okay, like you can't get all swollen headed and stop practicing, you hear me?"

"wow, Min's turning into a preacher" Baekhyun, a senior, teased, patting the smaller boy.

"well...I kind of have to or you lazy ass shits wont be practicing" Jimin laughed. "so from now on, we have to practice harder. This year we're definitely going to be the champions, okay? You with me?"

There was a chorus of "yeah!" and clapping and cheering before the party broke up, heading to the locker rooms to get changed, still high from their victory.

Taehyung hugged him out of the blue, making Jimin gasp at the sudden action. "you did so great man! I'm so proud of you!'

"can't-breath" Jimin gasped, struggling to pull away, when Taehyung released him, still beaming proudly. Jimin couldn't help but smiled back, the fondness taking a hold of him. Taehyung had always been happy for him and proud of him.

Honestly at this point, it was hard to imagine a life without the cheerful younger.

As cheesy as it sounds.

"you did great too you know" Jimin piped up. "you're like, an eel, catching the ball and running away"

"sure sure"Taehyung agreed in a patronizing tone, making Jimin whine and hit his chest lightly. 

"you know you did a great job, Tae"

"still, you're the best"

"yah!" half heartedly Jimin protested.