Chapter 35

Chapter Thirty-Five

Jane figured that her conversation with Silvio after they'd had sex must have really gotten to him, because he didn't so much as try touching her for the rest of the day, or the next day, or the day after that.

He worked a lot. He always did, and while she'd expected that, given that he was helping to run a massive company from the top down, to not have him so much as look at her as though he wanted her gutted Jane in a way she hadn't seen coming.

The first night was fine. They'd made love, and he was angry about a few things.

The second day was...a little strange to say the least. It wasn't that Jane expected to be given sex every day. Even when she'd moved into Silvio's home there had been days when he didn't touch her because of his work load.

But there had never been a day when Silvio didn't so much as look at her. Could he really be that angry with her?

Sugar wouldn't stop whining either. Jane couldn't tell if it was because the dog was picking up on her emotions and she was trying to help, or if it was because she had a sore belly from all the treats Jane had been giving her.

Jane may have gotten a little depressed with the way Silvio left her, and she might have been trying to make herself feel better by eating the ice cream in Silvio's freezer, and giving Sugar real bacon, extra cookies, and a few slices of the pizza Jane had ordered the night before.

She hadn't wanted to eat the whole thing by herself, and Sugar had been looking at her and drooling.

So now the dog was crying at her, and Jane had to take her outside for her seventh poop in about two hours.

Jane sighed, bringing the dog back in. Sugar was smiling now, but Jane wasn't so sure that would last. "No more pizza for you, little girl."

Sugar looked up at her, wagging her little stump at the word pizza, but Jane was putting her foot down.

"No, don't even think about it. I can't believe dogs are allergic to garlic."

And she couldn't believe she hadn't known about it until Sugar started getting sick either.

Jane's phone buzzed. She reached into her clutch, pulling it out before setting the thing, and Sugar's leash, onto the kitchen counter.

Sugar went to her water bowl and started to drink.

That was good. She hadn't been drinking much that morning and it worried her. Jane didn't want to have to take her new doing to the vet so soon after getting her.

Sugar had grown on her in the short time Jane had her. At least enough that Jane didn't want to see her sick.

And she didn't want to be the reason for that sickness either.

The message on her phone was from Isla, not Silvio. That was depressing.

Want to come over for a movie night?

Jane didn't want to come over for a movie night. She wanted to stay here just in case Silvio had a change of heart tonight and decided he wanted to come into her room.

Or maybe Jane would work up the courage to go into his bedroom. That seemed like something a strong, empowered woman should be doing. Taking charge instead of waiting around for her lover to make the first move.

Isla got sick of waiting.

Let me know if you're coming. I'll bring the caramel soy lattes ;)