28: My best friend

Chaeyoung's POV

"Park Chaeyoung, what the heck are you doing here with him ??" Oh no. He was really very angry. If only I could dig a hole and bury myself.

"I...." As always, words won't come out. I couldn't look at him so, I looked down.

"Give me an answer." This time he was yelling.

"Baek-" Jimin cut me off. Just great (note the sarcasm)

"Look. I don't know about you but, if she was my girlfriend I would have trusted her. Nothing is going on here, she was just talking to me." I could see that Jimin was smiling bitterly when he mentioned the girlfriend part.

"I trust her. I don't trust you tho. Chae, I asked you to stay away from him. Why wont you listen to me ??" Baekhyun said to me. Jimin was boiling with anger.

"You don't get to order her around. Just because she's your girlfriend doesn't mean she has to listen to every word you say. BTW, she didn't 'obey' you because I was the one who came into her life before you. I met her first and she's my..... best friend." He said smiling at me at the best friend part.

"Jimin--" he cut me off again.

"Chae, I know that even if I spend my entire life loving you, you wouldn't love me back and that's because you see me as your best friend and I'm okay with it. I have to eventually learn to move on and I will. Right now be happy with Baekhyun. I hope... No I know that he will take good care of you but, if he breaks your heart I'm right here for you, to pick up the broken pieces and take you back to my crush list." He joked and I chuckled. Jimin is really an angel.

"Thank you so much Jiminie." I hugged him.

"Man, you're actually a good guy. Can I be your best friend too ??" Baekhyun asked and Jimin laughed.

"Sure bro but, no lovey dovey stuff allowed at our table and Chae, if you wanna hear me call you jagi once in a while I will be more than happy to." He said.

"Wait, what ?? Jagi is my thing." Baekhyun whined and I totally found it cute.

"Actually, I was the first person who started calling her jagi. Its kinda my thing. So you call her something else." Jimin joked.

"Fine..... Babe." Baekhyun said showing me his rectangular smile. Sometimes I feel that he is Taehyung's brother. 

"Dude, are you by any chance related to Taehyung ??" Jimin asked him.

"Nope. Dunno that guy that much. Wait I do, we hung out that day at the arcade. Why did you ask ??" Baekhyun asked curiously.

"Cuz when you smile you look like him." Jimin said.

"Is that supposed to be an insult or a compliment ??" He asked confused.

"Compliment" I said.
"Insult" Jimin said.

"Baek, how about we hang out after school ??" I asked him.

"Can't, busy. Well gotta go. Bye." He said running off as he got a message on his phone.

"Weird." Jimin commented.

"Whatever. Let's go out then. You me and the other two dorks." I suggested.

"I'm ready." He replied.

Thought I could hang out with Baek but, friends are my family. So its fine.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Why did Baekhyun go off like that ??
From whom did he get the message ??
What was the message ??

Find out in the next chapter

Like/comment/follow