Chapter 1

I take a deep breath when I walk out of the bus. I'm still sleepy from my early flight and long bus drive. I already feel homesick. What was I thinking? Leaving Belgium and my family for a year, seems like such a bad idea now... I instantly panick because I can't see a taxi anywhere. Luckily, I have gps on my phone and I know the address of my dorm. It's only a ten minute walk. I'm so nervous when I press the bell but a nice lacy called Nathalie welcomes me to Cardiff and Liberty Living.

"You're the first one to arrive actually. We're expecting some more international students later today, but the others will arrive later this week." I knew this already. I came early to participate in the international students programme. I just nod.

"This is your room! Hopefully you'll feel at home soon." Nathalie smiles at me. The room seems a lot smaller than it was online. Nathalie says that she'll be at the reception for the rest of the day. I can go find her if I need her. Then I'm alone. I'm so emotional. This seems like such a bad idea now. I pull myself together and force myself to go out and explore Cardiff.

I'm exhausted when I'm back at my room. I bought some food and I eat while I'm watching a film. I must have fallen asleep because I wake up suddenly, not sure where I am. It dawns on me that I'm in Cardiff now, in my dorm. I realise that I've woken up because there's some really loud music playing in the hallway. What the hell? I don't want to arrive tomorrow at the Welcome Meeting looking tired. They must have an appartment of their own to party, whoever they are. Angry I walk out of my room and look through the hole of the front door. I can see a lot of people dancing. Annoyed I jerk my door open and tap on the shoulder of a boy standing right in front of me.

"Excuse me, can you guys keep it down? Or party inside the flat?" The boys turns around and I hold my breath. I recognise him instantly. How could I not? I was obsessed with his film for months. I'm suddenly very aware of the fact that I'm only wearing panties and a football jersey. This is what I normally wear to sleep in but it seems wrong now.

"Why are you trying to be so boring? School hasn't even started yet." I totally wasn't prepared to hear this sexy accent in person.

"I, um.." I mutter. Hero just smiles.

"Why aren't you joining us? I'm Hero by the way." He offers me a glass bottle.

"Yeah... Just keep it down, okay?" I say a lot braver than I feel. I won't give in to this boy, just because he happens to be famous. I just turn around and enter my flat. The others start laughing.

"Oooo Hero, seems like she doens't like you," I hear one of them say.

Once I'm in the safety of my room I allow myself to think about what just happened. He really is sexy as hell, even more so in person. I take my phone and start typing a message to my best friend.

"Guess who's in the flat across mine right now?! Hero Fiennes-Tiffin!!" She probably won't reply because it's 4am in Belgium.