Chapter Thirteen

It's Thursday, today regardless of plans Immy belongs to Harkyn. She will not make the mistake of making plans on their movie night again. In the hallway Harkyn passes Immy and reminds her, she smiles and assures him she will be there. Her destination is Colson's locker, as he closes the locker door he is pounced upon by a giddy Immy who plants several kisses on his lips.

"Woah slow down there turbo, where have you been all my life?" Colson says as he wraps his arms around Immy and kisses her against the locker.

Coach passes by the two entangled lovers on his way to the gym, "Leave some room for the Holy Ghost in-between you two Colson."

Colson pulls away slowly while groaning with Immy planting another on his lips before they separate. He smiles as he begins to walk away but stops to turn around.

"Don't forget baby, Friday night the game... you're going!" He says as he points to her while walking backwards towards the gym.

Immy smiles, "Try and stop me."

The rest of the day is spent as it usually is, Immy and Colson making out in the hallways or in his truck during lunch, Harkyn glancing at them making a vomit face and all of Colson's popular friends completely baffled as to what the hell is happening. That night Immy and Harkyn stand outside the movie theater just outside of town, the same one they had been going to for years. They wait for the perfect time, just after dark. Harkyn pulls out his phone and begins scrolling through the theaters website.

"Okay, looks like it's 'A Darkness' at eight thirty, 'Loud and Proud' at seven fifty five or 'Five Nights in Malibu'." Harkyn reads the list of movies and show times.

Immy looks at Harkyn and they both think for a minute.

"Hmm well, I'm not feeling horror so..." Immy says making a face.

"What, everyone says it's amazing though, damn it." Harkyn protests.

"No, we saw horror like two weeks ago remember, so it has to be comedy or..." Immy reminds him but is cut off.

"Oh my god really Immy? You want to see Five Nights in Malibu because you're all in love and crap." Harkyn teases.

Immy just tilts her head and gives him puppy dog eyes while batting her lashes and sporting a sad but cute pleading frown.

"Sigh... Fine... fine, Five Nights it is." Harkyn concedes.

Immy smiles victoriously, "You love me."

Harkyn walks towards the rear of the theater with Immy in tow.

"No I hate you and your stupid, big, cute eyes that you only have cause your mom and dad."

"Well duh, where else would I get them?" Immy teases laughing.

"Well yeah but they are special because the color and..."

"Aw Harkyn you saying you think my eyes are pretty..." Immy teases once more.

Harkyn makes a face, "What, no I mean the... wait what? Immy piss off." Harkyn snaps back while smiling at her.

They reach the back of the theater; Immy walks to the pitch blackness of the dumpster area away from the parking lot lights. She stands still and motions waiting for Harkyn to place his arms around her. For a moment they lock eyes and the air between them becomes quiet until Immy breaks the silence with her bad joke.

"Tickets please." She says while smiling.

She then closes her now glowing eyes and falls backwards with Harkyn into the shadows vanishing. The two appear inside the theater on the very top row, it's mostly empty. There are only three other people inside, a middle aged couple and a younger tattooed man wearing a vans hat, he's sitting alone in the middle row drinking a small bottle of Crown straight.