Chapter Ten

Immy cycles through various skirts, tops and pullovers until finally deciding on patch ripped, black skinny jeans, a dark grey short sleeve shirt and a snug fitting black leather jacket. She tops it off with a pair of her favorite worn converse. Immy wants to be herself; Colson likes that version of her best anyway. She stands in front of the mirror still slightly unsure of her outfit but confident enough to proceed.

Her phone vibrates in her back pocket, Fifteen minutes away is what gps says, see you soon! The message reads.

Immy walks downstairs and finds Serah sitting at the bottom step. She stands up and looks at Immy, "Oh baby girl, you look so good... So I do get to meet this guy right?" Serah orders more than requests giving a stern nod and tone.

Immy nods, "Well duh mom, I mean but... don't... you know."

Serah shakes her head, "Immy I do know how to be normal, and believe it or not I was even a girl your age once."

Immy gives her mother a look, Serah continues, "So where are you guys going?"

"I don't know I didn't ask, kind of ruins the surprise."

Serah stares at Immy for a while before Immy breaks the moment.

"Mom I'm fine okay, he's just a guy, like a human, human guy and I could drink him if I wanted." Immy states defensively.

Serah raises her hand to calm Immy, "Yes daughter and that is what I'm worried about, it's not your safety that concerns me it's his."

Immy is taken aback, this was unexpected as Serah is all about constant worry over her, could she be wrong this entire time, was it her that she worried for or was it them... humans?

"What are you talking about mom I've never hurt anyone and I definitely wouldn't do it to Colson."

Serah puts her hand on Immy's shoulder and then runs the other through her hair looking into excited eyes that shimmer a glowing white with red tint, a reminder of her Nephilim and vampire ties.

"Immy, there are things you have yet to learn about yourself and experience, one of those is what happens to our kind when..." Serah finds it hard to bring forth the conclusion to her statement.

"When what mom?" Immy presses.

Serah looks at Immy and makes a awkward face, Immy picks up on where she's going with it, "Oh my god mom really? It's our first date we're not going to have sex!"

"Okay Immy but even if, you need to know how you could react if..." Serah is cut off again as Immy takes a step back.

"Mom, it's not happening I can only assure you, so just stop please."

Serah continues, "Fine, but Immy even a kiss can ignite something inside you, something not human and you just need to know that... understand, you need to know that." Serah finishes by grabbing Immy's hands and forcing her to look into her eyes to drive the point and seriousness home.

Immy looks back understandingly.

Now she actually has me more nervous than I was... what if he does try something, and what if... I like it and go all bat shit on him...

The moment is broken up when Immy's phone vibrates, she checks it, I'm here outside, do I like come in or what? The message reads.

Immy replies, Yes, mom wants to meet you.

The reply message is of the nervous face emoji followed by the vomit emoji. A few minutes later there is a knock at the door, Immy opens it and the handsome Colson is behind it wearing a smile and a handful of flowers he picked from the garden out front next to the stretched porch.