chapter 79

Your POV

I untie my work apron and hang it up on the coat rack in the backroom. The large electric blue wall clock advertised the time 7:03. I had a few minutes left of my shift but didn't really care. 

I headed toward retro dining room of the malt shop I worked at, pushing open the kitchen doors. The regular hustle and bustle of a Friday nights crowd was very prominent when I walked out.

 I slid my eyes around the room hoping to see the familiar faces of my trouble making friends. Without any delay a loud crashing noise startled me followed by a round of hard laughter. That was enough indication of my friends whereabouts.

As I drew nearer, the noises started making sense. Johnny was laying on the floor covered in chocolate malt. He was laughing so hard he was almost at the point of tears, the others however were at the point of tears. 

"Really guys?" I pull Johnny up by his forearm. "He's just a kid." I say handing him napkins from another table.

"Aw cut it out Y/n, I'm 16." He snatches  the napkins from me begrudgingly. 

"Sorry mom, didn't know we weren't allowed to have fun." Two- Bit remarks.

"You can have fun, just have it where you can't get me fired." I say getting down on me knees to clean up the mess they made with the leftover napkins.  

"Sorry babe we weren't thinking." Soda gets down kisses me lightly. No matter the amount of times we do that, my heart always skips a beat. Satisfied with how much we cleaned up,I Stand up and Soda wraps his arm around my waist pulling me closer. 

"I missed you." He says kissing my neck lightly. 

"I missed you too." I lean my head against his shoulder. 

"You two make me sick." Dally folds his hand behind his head and props his feet on the table. "And not in the good way."

"There's a good way?" Ponyboy asks with a scrunched nose. 

"When you're piss drunk and vomit your guts out." Dal answers lighting a cigarette. 

Ponyboy turned green. "How the hell-"

"Guys can we focus on why we're actually here?" Darry pipes up.

"If that waitress over there doesn't stop looking fine as hell, probably not." Two answered waggling his eyebrows with a sly smirk.

Darry sighed rubbing his temples.

"Darebear is right." I say plopping down beside him. He ruffles my hair playfully.

"Y/n and I have big news."

A/N 

FINALLY UPDATED!!! ik it's been awhile I'm sorry!!! 

~Stay Gold Bitches