chapter 16

Soda POV

"So how was the party?" Darry asks pouring coffee into two mugs.

My eyes immediately shoot to Y/n giving her a "should we tell him?" Look. She shakes her head slightly.

We spent the night together, we didn't go all the way. But what we did do was good enough for me, I didn't want to pressure her into anything.

"Fine." I answer.

I had a splintering head ache. Probably from how much I drank yesterday.

"Im going to have a nap, you mind?" Y/n asks stretching.

"Go right ahead." I mumble rubbing my head.

She stands up and runs a hand across my back as she walks past.  The stairs creak as she walks up them.

Darry notices me rubbing my head.

"jeez kid you feeling okay?" Darry hands me a cup of coffee and sits across from me.

"No, my head has a heartbeat." I whine.

"Alcohol does that to you." He chuckles.

"Ughh I don't like it." I lay my head down on the table.

"Aww poor Pepsi-cola." Darry laughs rubbing the back of my head.

I grumble under my breath.

"So you and Y/n huh?" He sips his coffee.

I lift my head up a little and look at him.

"Why does everyone think that? We are just friends okay!" I snap back, a little too defensive.

"Alright, alright I was just wondering."

"Yeah well you can stop wondering." I lay my head back down, tired of talking.

"Well I think she likes you."

"Yeah I'm sure she does." I answer sarcastically.

"Make all the jokes you want kid brother, but I know when two people like eachother." He stands up putting his cup in the sink.

Guess Darry is smarter than I thought.