chapter 50

Sodas POV

I couldn't focus at work today because of what Y/n told me. I'm just not sure what Johnnys reaction will be. I hope it will be a good one, or else Y/n would be heartbroken.

"Soda get back here! And bring a coke with you!" Steve shouts from the garage.

I roll my eyes, grab a coke from the fridge and meander to Steve,  who was currently working on the underside of a car I hadn't seen before.

"Whos car is this?" I jump up onto the hood.

"Some chick. Cherry something." He wipes his hands on an old rag.

"Valance? Cherry Valance?"

"Thats the one." He grabs the coke and takes a long swig from it. "Could tell she was a Soc too."

I take the coke from him and suck back some myself.

"When you get off tonight?" He asks snatching his drink back with a glare.

"5:45 what about you Stevie?" I knew he hated that nickname but I didn't care.

"The same or later unless I get some work done." He glares at me and rolls himself back under the car.

"You wanted a coke." I defensively put my hands up and walk back to the front counter, where a red headed girl stands with a pack of cigarettes.

"Sorry bout that, didn't hear you come in."

"It's okay I wasn't here long." She smiles and slides the pack towards me. "Names Evie."

"Soda." I smile. "You new here?"

"Yup just moved here."

"Oh nice." I run a had through my hair.

"Yeah."

"$4.27" I run them across the scanner. "Smoker huh?"

"Yup, tryin to cut back. What about you? You smoke?" She pulls out her wallet and hands me the money.

"Nope." I shrug.

"I should have know. Don't look like you do anyways, Pretty boy with pretty teeth." She smirks.

"This pretty boy trys to avoid them all together." I shoot back. "Course it don't help my buddies all smoke, and my girlfriend for that matter."

"Oh." Is all she says. I knew she was a little upset that I had a girlfriend already, I had gotten that look from girls before. "Whats her name?"

"Y/n." I smile as images of her rush to my mind.

"Thats a nice name." She says a little salty.

"Yeah, shes great. She got such soft hair and her eyes are this gorgeous-"

"Sounds great. But I really should-" she is cut off by the phone ringing.

"Hold that thought." I silence the rings and answer it.

"Hello."

"Soda?! It's Y/n." She sounded hysterical.

"Babe? Are you okay?"

Evie huffs impatiently.

"I'm fine its Johnny."

"Whats wrong? What happened? Is he okay?"

"Just get here as soon as you can please!"

"Where are you?"

"Hospital."

"I'm at work I can't ju-"

"Please Soda."

"I'll see what I can do."

"Thank you. I love you."

"I love you too."

The line goes dead and I slam the phone down. I grab my jacket and slide across the counter.

"Be back later Steve!" I shout pushing the front door open.

"Where are you going?" He shouts running out into the parking lot, Evie follows him.

"Hospital!" I call over my shoulder.

A/n

Ayee whats up this one is actually a little longer.
I will be updating on Monday!!
50 chapters!!

~Stay Gold bitches 💕