chapter 30

Your POV

I knock on the door lightly, and when no one answers I walk in. The gang wasn't over it was too quiet. I head up the creaky steps and into Soda's room. He had to work today so he wouldn't be home. Or so I thought.

I open the door and walk in, he is laying on his back staring up at the ceiling. But as soon as the door clicks shut he looks at me and sits up.

"You came back?" He was beaming.

"I forgot somethings." I open his bedside table where I left the picture, I fold it up and slid it into my back pocket.

He is silent and just watches my movements closely.

"What is that?" He asks and I look at him.

"What is what?" I cross my arms.

"Your face." He points to my cheek. "Theres a bruise."

I cover it with my sweater sleeve.

"Nothing."

"Let me see." He sits up and reaches for my arm.

"Don't touch me." I slap his hand away. He flinches at the sudden edge in my tone. I walk out the room and take the steps two at a time.

"I'm just trying to help." He follows close behind.

"I don't need your help Soda." I snap.

Someone clears their throat, we turn amd see everyone in the living room except for Darry. Johnny kept his eyes averted and fiddled with his jacket sleeve. Pony's arm is wrapped around Johnny and he doesn't look at us either. Dally sat with his arms behind his head watching amused. Two-Bit looked the most serious I've ever seen him before and Steve stood there biting his nails nervously.

"I miss you." Soda says just above a whisper. He steps in front of me forcing me to look at him.

"You should have thought about that before." I say just as quiet, if not quieter.

He looks taken a back by this. But that emotion is quickly replaced with hurt.

"You don't understand. I really miss you." He says loud enough for the others to hear.

"And you think I dont?!" He looks down and I walk out.

I kick a stone down the sidewalk, tears threatening to fall at any moment.

"Y/n wait up!" I turn and see Dally casually walking up behind me.

"What Dal." I brush away any tears that may have fallen.

"Don't go back to your dads. Come stay with me. Johnny has been for awhile." He lights a cigarette.

"I need to get my stuff."

"I'll walk you." Without letting me answer he starts off towards my house with long strides. "Ya coming or what?" He calls over his shoulder. I sigh and follow him.

A/n

Johnnys been staying with Dally huh. ;)))
Lmao jk jk

~Stay Gold bitches