Chapter Fifty One~ Broken Promise and Shattered Trust

Maxine's P. O. V

Betrayal?

Did Micah really betrayed us?

I sighed. My head is clouded and I'm here in my room. Bridge is always checking on me but I told him to stay away from me right now.

I don't feel like talking especially to the informations I got.

Just thinking of betrayal pained my heart.

I closed my eyes tightly. Hoping my tears will not fall. Why do I feel bad for saying those words to her?

Cassie already explained to me about Micah's situation but my heart won't listen for excuses. When we fought, I could see the disappointment in Cassie's face.

It's like she's telling me that she's not happy for what I have done.

But, it's clearly not my fault if my trust had vanished.

"Maxxy! I promise to protect you at all cost!"

"Don't worry, Maxxy. Mic-Mic is here to save the day."

"Stop crying! That bunny is a bad bunny! It's not your fault!"

A sob escaped my mouth when I remember Micah's promises to me. She acts like an older sister to me though I'm older than her.

"Maxxy! I bought your favorites!"

I can't help but to smile bitterly. I just remembered something that made me guilty...

[9 Years Ago]

"We should discuss some rules!" Binj uttered while licking her ice cream.

"Rules? Nah!" everyone eyed at me. "It should be a PROMISE!" I said and everyone nodded.

"Everyone should promise not to backstab each other!" Binj said and again we nodded.

"We should promise to wear pink everday!"

Cassie gave smacked Amanah at what she just said.

"What?!" Amanah innocently asked but again, Cassie smacked her.

"We're called Death Queens and we're gonna wear pink?!" Cassie asked.

"I think it's awesome." Amanah innocently said and Cassie just gritted her teeth.

"We should promise to stay together!" Micah said with a matching raise of hand. Everyone smiled and nodded.

"We should promise to trust one another and never doubt the capability of each individuals. We should respect the opinion and choices in our group."

All eyes looked at Cassie as she said those words. Amanah looked at her.

"Are you running for President?" she asked. "Cause I want to design your banners, shirts and—"

"SHUT UP!" Cassie pouted. We all laughed at the scenario. I thought of a promise to add.

"Hmm... We should also promise to stay and support the grouo even in the simplest thing!" I added and everyone nodded.

Another batch of tears fell from my eyes. Damn! All those promises! I broke all of it! I doubt Micah, I didn't trust her! What kind of a friend I am?!

*BANG

*BANG

I stood as fast as I can and get the gun from my drawer. I lookes behind the curtain and my eyes widened when I saw  mens wearing black with guns!