Chapter 9

Jungwoo ended up getting the biggest headache he had ever gotten in his life that night. He wasn't able to fall asleep for a long time and so Lucas sat by his side for a while, covering his eyes with his hands and letting the heat from his palms relieve the pain. 

Surprisingly, the pain disappeared with the heat from the younger's palms and Jungwoo managed to fall asleep after several minutes. It was a surprising way to alleviate pain but if it worked, it worked. It was probably because his eyes felt inflamed and laying cold would make it worse and heat was figured to be just right.

Lucas didn't want to leave his side and decided to sleep beside the older in case he woke up.

Sure enough, around 3 AM Lucas was woken up by someone scrambling over him. At first, he didn’t pay any attention and drifted off to sleep but was woken when he heard puking sounds coming from the bathroom. 

He rushed in the direction of the sound and found Jungwoo emptying out his stomach even though there was nothing in it since he had hurled in excessive amounts before. 

Lucas sleepily squatted next to his boyfriend and began rubbing his hand against the older’s forehead, moving the hair out of the way. At this point, Jungwoo had tears running down his face from the disgusting taste of the acid in his mouth and the immense pain in his head.

"It's okay baby. You'll be okay. Just let it all out and then we can find you medicine," Lucas soothed.

Jungwoo nodded in understanding and allowed everything to keep coming out. Damn, even though Lucas had become his friend approximately three years prior, maybe more, he had never seen Jungwoo this sick and so a small part of him wanted to feel bad that the younger saw him in this state after knowing each other for such a long time and after getting into their relationship.

Finally, after a solid five minutes of regurgitating, Jungwoo sat straight and leaned against Lucas' chest. 

"I’m- I’m sorry for troubling you this much," Jungwoo whispered, wiping away the tears in his eyes. "I knew I shouldn’t have eaten- eaten that sandwich or drank most of the fr- frappé."

"It's okay. You tried to at least eat a little and now we know you won't be able to eat properly for another week or so. Once this week passes, you will be able to eat all you want again. Doesn’t that sound good?" Lucas comforted. 

"Ye- yeah, I guess so. But I'm not sure if my normal eating will come back soon. It might n- not."

"Let's just hope the healthy eating comes back and not the binge eating or undereating," Lucas said, kissing Jungwoo's head top. "Well let’s get your mouth cleaned up and get some sleep before morning comes."

Jungwoo shakily stood up and flushed the toilet before going to the sink to wash his face and brush his teeth. 

Lucas went to find him a cup of water and some medicine to hopefully remove nausea and vomiting. Once Lucas returned, Jungwoo gladly took the medicine and swallowed it along with the water. 

Honestly, Jungwoo felt like utter shit and he didn’t want to do anything but lay in bed for a week but school had just restarted and he couldn’t afford to miss any days no matter how shitty he felt. And to top it off, Lucas was taking his time to help watch over him which meant missing his own sleep and he felt bad about that.

"Lu?"

"Yes baby?" Lucas asked, pulling him into a hug. "Do you need anything?"

"Yeah."

"What is it? More water? A nice blanket? A head massage?"

"None of those. I just want you to- want you to sleep and get enough rest because I'm not important enough for you to miss out on that. Besides, we have school tomorrow."

"What do you mean you're not important enough? Of course you are. I would stay awake hours on end just to make sure you were getting better. If that's what you want me to do, I won't do it because I need to make sure you'll be okay."

Lucas hugged Jungwoo tighter and they stood in the middle of the bathroom listening to each others breathing.

"Would you like a head massage? I can do that for you if you'd like."

"I'd like that a- a lot," Jungwoo whispered. "And can we cuddle?"

"Of course."

Lucas walked to Jungwoo's room with the older clinging to his front and there he placed the older’s head on his lap and slowly began massaging his scalp. 

He started at the temples and made his way to the centre then the back before repeating that over and over. The trick with massaging those specific areas was simple. The massaging of the temples encouraged easier sleep and the back of the head helped with circulation of the blood in the brain.

He also made sure to massage Jungwoo's nose sides to help with breathing. Lucas was massaging for a solid twenty minutes and even though Jungwoo's headache hardly budged, it felt nice. Finally, Lucas placed his palms on Jungwoo's eyes and that's when he finally fell asleep.

"Night night, baby," Lucas whispered, placing a peck on the older’s forehead, carefully removing his head and placing it on a pillow. "Sleep well."

Even though Lucas knew Jungwoo couldn't hear him, he felt satisfied knowing that he was able to help his boyfriend. He wrapped an arm over Jungwoo and fell asleep happily within seconds.

._._.

Morning came all too quickly and before Lucas knew it, he had to get up for school. Thankfully, Taeyong had convinced Jaehyun the day before to drive Lucas and possibly Jungwoo to school since they had plans for that day. 

Lucas got out of bed and went to the bathroom to wash himself, leaving Jungwoo sleeping on the bed. He didn't want to wake the peaceful male from his slumber so he just left him there. He had nearly finished dressing when a sleepy Jungwoo walked into the bathroom while he was combing his hair. 

"Morning you adorable beanstalk," Jungwoo greeted, walking to the sink and washing his face.

"Beanstalk? Why am I a beanstalk?"

"Because I said you'll be- be a beanstalk, so you are," Jungwoo smiled, lathering soap on his face.

"Will you call me this from now on or is this just a one-time thing?" Lucas asked, getting worried someone would hear and tease him for being called a beanstalk.

"Probably not. And just to let you- you know, I’ll be going to school today."

"What? Why? You're sick so you can't go," Lucas said, worriedly looking at his boyfriend who was washing off the soap from his adorable face.

"I’m feeling better."

Lucas stood beside Jungwoo arguing with him but eventually, Jungwoo won over with his cute expressions and Lucas couldn't say no to him.  There were only fifteen minutes left until they had to leave and Jungwoo still had to shower so Lucas offered to get his clothes while he started his quick shower.

"If you drop at school, I will force you to stay in bed for a week," Lucas threatened, walking into the bathroom with Jungwoo's clothes in his hands. "And I don't care how much you complain because you WILL stay in bed."

Jungwoo rolled his eyes and quickly got dressed while Lucas kept making threats. While he adjusted his clothes, Lucas got the hairdryer and began drying the older’s hair for him so they wouldn't be late.

Fortunately, they managed to get ready with a mere thirty seconds to spare and left home with no food which, for Lucas, was terrible but Jungwoo didn't mind. That right there was enough evidence to see who had the worse eating habits.

The only problem after the no breakfast crisis was the feeling that awaited when they finally stepped onto the school grounds and Lucas' spine shivered. Something didn't feel right and he was suddenly nervous.