Chapter 8

The second Lucas opened the door, he wished to slam it shut immediately. The last person he wanted to see stood there smirking in disgust.

He really should slam it and pretend he hadn’t seen anyone.

"Looks like you're a disgusting, bitch ass liar, Lucas. I witnessed everything," Jinwoo snarled, filled with hatred, "And you know what that means, right? I literally warned you today so now it's in your own hands."

Jinwoo turned and left quickly without even looking back while Lucas stood there filled with anger and shock. Did he really come just to destroy his life he barely had together? Well Lucas didn't want anything of it. He would simply have to ditch his friends and choose happiness over them.

"Who was it, Lu?" Jungwoo asked, coming from behind and resting his head on Lucas' shoulder.

"No one important," He replied, slamming the door shut with anger, maintaining a bitter smile on his face.

Lucas carefully lifted Jungwoo's head from where it rested on his shoulder and stomped to his room. He sat on his bed holding his head in his hands while trying to find a way to prevent the mess that would surely happen. After what happened several minutes ago, Lucas didn't want to be seen close to Jungwoo and he felt the need to get far away from the older but he couldn't let his friend make him think that way and crushed his thoughts and nor could he abandon his someone. It was a conflicting situation.

"What’s wrong Lu?" Jungwoo asked softly, entering the room and taking a seat beside his boyfriend. "Are you- are you sure there's nothing you want to talk about or something you're concerned about?"

Jungwoo took the younger’s large hand into his smaller ones and gently stroked his knuckles in a reassuring manner.

"Nothing's wrong, okay?" Lucas replied, making sure he didn't sound rude or angry in any way. "It's just some stress, that's all. I promise I will tell you if I have anything to get off my chest." 

Lucas pulled Jungwoo closer to him and fell backwards onto the bed with the smaller cuddled into his side. His hair was soft and Lucas liked the way it tickled his nose when he would rub his face on it. 

"I'm sorry for ignoring you today," Lucas whispered. "I have no clue why I did that and I'm willing to make it up to you."

Jungwoo turned to stare at Lucas' face and smiled brightly, wrapping an arm around the younger.

"It’s okay. You probably- probably had your reasons and even if there wasn't any reason, you probably just don't want me to get too clingy and it's- it’s understandable."

Jungwoo hoped it was simply because Lucas had a reason and not because he was too clingy but he had to seem positive. 

"It definitely isn't because you can be clingy. I like you a lot and if I get bothered by you being clingy, then what kind of boyfriend am I?"

Lucas on the other hand was starting to feel guilty for just disappearing and ignoring his boyfriend for the entire first day back to school. He knew he shouldn't have done that but the fact that his so-called friends were watching his every move around the older made him act in ways he didn't want to.

It was kind of as if he were a marionette being played and acted according to what they wanted.

"Woo, I know it’s the first day of school and all, but we should celebrate surviving this day. We can go and eat at a nice little café or at a roadside vendor. What do you say? This is to also make up for me not being around you all day."

Jungwoo considered it for a bit and decided it wouldn't hurt going out and he could even call it a mini-date with Lucas so he agreed.

"That would be- would be lovely but I don't have that much money on me right now."

"That's okay," Lucas said, placing a kiss on Jungwoo's forehead. "I'll pay. This will be a present from me to you, alright?"

"Yeah, if I chicken out and let my bad thoughts consume me, it might be a goodbye present," Lucas thought.

Jungwoo quickly changed his clothes and washed his face before he could at least call himself semi-presentable. 

Lucas decided that he could prove that he didn't want to intentionally avoid Jungwoo because he was embarrassed and so he took the older’s small hand in his. Hand in hand they walked down the streets and even though they got some stares, Lucas was glad that it was no one he knew and no one said anything but throw unhidden glances.

They decided to keep it simple and went to a small café located a walking distance from their house. To save their little energy and all.

Lucas, attempting to make things right and be all sweet, pulled out the chair for Jungwoo and pushed him to his spot before taking his own seat. Menus were handed to them and they flipped through it looking for something satisfying.

"Pick anything you want and everything that you want," Lucas said, rubbing his thumb over Jungwoo's delicate knuckles. "This is my treat so don't be scared of the prices."

"I can't- I can't just waste your money, Lu. Besides, I'm not that hungry so I only want a drink."

"Woo, it doesn't matter if you're not hungry. You haven't had an actual solid meal for two days."

"But I'm really not- really not hungry. I'll just feel really bad if I try to eat something without me wanting it," Jungwoo complained, knowing full well he needed to eat.

Lucas sighed and looked Jungwoo in the eyes.

"I'll order you a sandwich and you can try to eat it. If you really can’t, I’ll eat it but just try. For me? I don't want you to get sick."

Jungwoo simply nodded and rested his head on the table with his hand still being rubbed by Lucas. He knew he'd be able to eat the sandwich but it would only make him feel sick.

The waiter came and Lucas ordered for them and Jungwoo smiled when Lucas remembered his favourite drink, an oreo frappé. They didn't exchange any words and Jungwoo just listened to Lucas hum a song he had never heard before.

"Lu?"

"Hmm?"

"What- what happens if I do eat the sandwich but it doesn't settle and I get sick because I ate it?"

"Well then I'll sit by you and rub your back while we wait for your stomach to settle."

And that's exactly what happened.

It wasn't even 15 minutes after Jungwoo had managed to eat the sandwich and drink most of the frappé─ he gave the rest to Lucas─ before he felt his stomach start churning. The only good thing was that they went back home but besides that, Lucas now squatted beside Jungwoo while rubbing his back as the older let the entire contents of his stomach fall into the toilet bowl.

This was going to be one long ass ride.