Chapter 6

Lucas made his way over to his group of friends that he had managed to make during the duration of the previous year and the beginning of university.

"Hey, guys! How are you?"

"Oh well look who we have here guys! Looks like it's our lover boy. Where's your little boyfriend?" Jinwoo asked with disgust in his voice, "I didn't know you were gay, Lucas. I'm actually very disappointed in you and feel sorry for you."

Lucas was taken back. Even if it was true, he didn't want to admit that and he didn't want to be looked down on and mayhaps lose his friends. Or end up possibly being a victim of their mocking. He knew it was selfish of him to deny the truth but Jungwoo didn't have to know about what was about to go down. 

Or did he?

"ME?! BOYFRIEND?! GAY?! Oh no, you got that all wrong! I'm not gay and who said that he was my boyfriend? You all know he's my best friend," Lucas laughed nervously, his pitch-shifting voice easily hinting at his lies but it seemed they weren’t keen enough to notice.

"Oh? You two seemed closer than usual. You let him lay on your shoulder and if you didn't know, we were at the mall the other day when you guys were there together. You were all happy and giggly and disgusting," his other friend, Seungyoon said. "Quite entertaining to see you beat the other guy y'know. And the way you held him after? Seems pretty damn gay to me and I felt disgusted. Nearly went to slap you when I saw it."

Lucas didn't know what to say and decided to make something up on the spot. He didn't know how much they watched but he didn't want to risk it.

"He is ONLY a friend. We have nothing going on between us so you guys don't have to worry about me being gay. Because that's disgusting. And I think it was a pretty normal reaction from me considering we live in the same house."

Lucas felt bad for what he did. He knew what he did was wrong and he wanted to fix what he said but who knows what his friends would think of him or do to him if he said the truth.

"Oh okay, we'll see about that. If you prove that you really are gay and if we see you acting weird when you're with him, we won't hesitate to hurt you and him. Got it?" Jinwoo stated before a smirk settled on his face, "Believe me, it won’t be pretty but don't worry, it's only to teach you what you should really be. Why don't you get yourself a pretty girlfriend to prove to us?"

Lucas was feeling sick. How would he survive without Jungwoo? He did for all the years before they dated, but that changed ever since a week ago. The boy had become an integral part of him during those days, setting such a happiness in him that he didn’t want to let it go but now? It seemed that he’d have to in order to save not only himself but Jungwoo as well.

"I won't be getting a girlfriend. I don’t care if that's what you wanted me to do because I'm not doing it no matter what," Lucas snapped in frustration.

That was taking it too far. He could pretend he wasn’t in a relationship but getting a new one just to ‘prove’ was crossing the line.

"Fine then. Whatever. Just don't let us down."

Lucas left them standing alone and stomped his way to the cafeteria to get something to eat to distract himself. How would he manage now? And why couldn’t he just drop them and get new friends?

Whatever, at least he had friends now and wouldn’t be lonely. Yet.

"Ugh, why is life so unfair? Why can't they be understanding friends and actually let me be me? I wish the sky would fall on them or a truck crushes them. I should really get new friends but they're the only ones who know me well enough and the only ones I talk to. As long as they don't hurt my Woo, I'm good," all these thoughts went through Lucas' mind and soon, he realized he was walking straight towards Jungwoo who just exited the cafeteria.

Jungwoo had not seen him yet but Lucas was grinning ear to ear but suddenly remembered what just happened and jumped behind a wall just before Jungwoo could spot him.

Unfortunately, the bell rang before he could get food and Lucas changed course and headed to his class. He never liked school but he didn't really want to be with Jungwoo at that moment. He never felt happier to not share a class with the older and luckily, the class at that moment was a long and boring one so he could think to himself. This continued throughout the rest of the day and he never felt more thankful that his classes were so useless that he could try to figure out how he would make it through the school year.

._._.

Jungwoo was getting more disappointed by each passing minute. Was it something he did? Was Lucas just playing around when he said that he liked him? Was he disgusted by him? Or maybe he just didn’t want to be seen with him at school?

He hadn’t spotted his boyfriend since just before lunch and at first, it didn’t matter but when he didn’t spot him at all, that’s when it started hurting.

"Jungwoo?"

Jungwoo looked up to whoever was calling his name. There he saw his teacher looking at him with a concerned face.

"Yes Ma'am? Were- were you talking to me?"

"Yes Jungwoo dear, you were spaced out and you have tears running down your face. Is everything alright?"

Jungwoo felt his face and was shocked to feel tears along his cheeks. Looking up, he saw his classmates looking at him puzzled and some watching in concern.

"Yes Ma'am. I'm perfectly fine," Jungwoo lied with a grin on his face. "I think I just got something in my- in my eye." 

"Do you want to go to the nurse and rest there for a bit?"

"No thanks, Ma'am. I'm fine," Jungwoo whispered.

Within an hour, nearly everyone was coming up with reasons why Jungwoo had been crying because they all knew there was nothing in his eye. Lucas had obviously heard and was upset because he knew Jungwoo was crying because of him. He only wished he could go over to hug and comfort him. 

This was going to be harder than he thought. There was no way he would be able to survive the school year if he kept it up. And even worse, Jungwoo's friend was Ten and if he found out why Lucas was ignoring him, the shorter would one hundred percent beat him up and he wasn't ready for that.

It could hardly matter that Ten was probably a foot shorter than Lucas because the power and rage he could conjure in his tiny frame was more than enough to end a life. Neither did it matter that the short male didn’t have strength because anger gave it and Lucas was fearing he would end up in the hospital.