Chapter 7

As soon as the bell rang, Jungwoo gathered all his things and quickly walked home without waiting for anyone. Lucas, on the other hand, wanted to run and hold him in his arms but his friends were watching his every movement like a hawk and he didn't want them to see. 

Instead, Lucas opted to walk behind Jungwoo from a safe distance while keeping an eye on him.  Jaehyun’s vehicle could stay at school for all he cared. He just had to make sure the older would get home safely.

Jungwoo was crying his eyes out and didn't really look where he was walking. He didn't really care either but soon wished he had. Out of nowhere, the same stranger from the restaurant at the mall appeared in front of him as if to set another bad curse on him for the day.

The pink-haired male wished to be swallowed by the street right then and there but he remained still and tried to calm himself.

"Oh hello, cutie! Looks like I have finally found you," the guy said with a smirk. "Now I can take you on that date! No boyfriend around, no need to worry, am I right? Was that guy even your boyfriend?" 

"No- no thanks I'm good and I already told you he is my boy- boyfriend," Jungwoo whispered trying to step around the man but every step he took was blocked.

At this point, Jungwoo was so frustrated at everything and let his tears run down his face without wiping them away but he didn't lift his head.

"Oh how rude of me. I forgot to introduce myself. You can call me Euntae." 

"I already told you I had a boyfriend so can you please- please move?" Jungwoo asked again, still trying to move past.

"Oh don't worry he isn't here anyways which means I can take you out."

"Didn't you hear? He said NO!" Lucas jumped in, pushing Euntae with aggression.

"Oh wow, if it isn't the boyfriend. Isn’t it lovely seeing you around again?"

Lucas was fuming. How DARE he assault Jungwoo like that? If Euntae wanted Jungwoo, he would have to go through him first.

"Well if you really want Jungwoo so desperately, you'll have to fight me first," Lucas said, getting in a fighting position.

Lucas knew he could win. After all, what were those muscles for? At that moment, he didn’t care who saw. It was necessary to protect the smaller male.

"Trying to show off, are we now? We don't have to do that. You simply caught me off guard the other day at the mall but I can fight you."

"Scared huh? Well, you can just leave."

"Me? Scared? Hell no. I'm just concerned for you, that's all."

"Well, we'll see about that first hand."

Lucas threw a punch without any form of warning catching the male off guard. Euntae stumbled back but quickly regained his posture, starting to throw punches as well. The only problem, his punches were sloppy whereas Lucas' ones were precise and hit hard.

Jungwoo was frozen on his spot. He was just watching them fight and Euntae was losing. He wanted to stop them but getting in between them would probably be bad. Who knows? One of them would probably accidentally punch him and instantly knock him out.

"STOP IT YOU GUYS!" Jungwoo tried yelling.

But they obviously didn't listen. Just then Lucas stepped back close enough and Jungwoo yanked him by the arm. Lucas was about to punch Jungwoo out of reflex and the older flinched, closing his eyes, waiting for the hit but it never came. Luckily, Lucas had stopped quick enough when he saw who it was.

Lucas wrapped him in an embrace and just started walking away.  The pink-haired male was slightly puzzled as to why they were now calmly walking but when he looked back on the ground, it explained why. 

Euntae was on the ground all bruised up with some cuts bleeding worse than others. He was in a horrible condition really.

"Shouldn't we- we help him?" Jungwoo asked. "We can't leave him there all hurt. That's b- bad."

"You're adorable," Lucas laughed. "He can stay there and die for all I care."

They walked in silence for a little bit until Jungwoo decided to finally speak up again.

"Are you mad at me?" He whispered in a tiny voice but still loud enough for Lucas to hear.

"Oh no sweetie. Why would you think that? You're too precious to be mad at."

"But you've been- been ignoring me all day. Are you sure I didn't make you mad?"

By then they had arrived at home. They entered inside, closing the door behind them slowly. Lucas wrapped his arms around Jungwoo's waist pulling him close and rubbed their noses together.

Lucas stared into Jungwoo's eyes with a smile and kissed his forehead.

"I promise you didn't make me mad," Lucas whispered.

Jungwoo smiled and then remembered something.

"Wait. Where's Jaehyun's car? Don't tell me we walked all this way and left his- left his car at school."

Lucas laughed and hugged him tightly, wiping away the wetness from the tears from earlier.

"Don't worry. I told Jaehyun he would have to pick it up and he said it was fine. He said he wanted to go shopping somewhere but I'm sure he went on a date with Taeyong."

The door opened while they were still standing in the close position and they turned their heads to see who had arrived.

"Oops. Sorry for interrupting your near make out session." Jaehyun said, smiling and walking right past them.

"WHAT?! When did MY children start dating?!" Taeyong asked in excitement, following right behind Jaehyun.

"A few days ago," Jungwoo answered with a smile.

"And you never told me? I feel betrayed," Taeyong said, wiping away a fake tear.

Jungwoo giggled at the action, making Lucas smile fondly at him.

"Well anyways, I'm happy for both of you. I hope you don't separate and just remember, it doesn't matter what someone thinks of you as long as you're happy. So if you know someone that hates you for being you or for the person you date, then just remove them from your life."

Lucas felt as if those words were meant specifically for him but he pushed the words away as coincidence and thanked Taeyong for the advice.

Jungwoo wiggled out of Lucas' grip and pulled him down to kiss his forehead before walking into the kitchen to drink water. Lucas followed behind and remembered he hadn’t gotten the time to eat a proper meal at lunch since he was busy talking with his so-called friends. 

"Did you have a good lunch?" Lucas asked, taking out food from the fridge.

"No. I tried eating but I felt disgusted after- after the first few bites."

Lucas set down everything he was holding and stared at Jungwoo in sadness.

"Is it time for it to start kicking in again?" Lucas asked in concern.

"Yeah. I hate it, Lu. I know- I know I have to eat but I just physically can't and then suddenly- suddenly I can again and then I overeat. It's hard," Jungwoo said, his voice filled with sadness. 

Lucas couldn't bear the sadness on Jungwoo's face and he walked over and wrapped his arms around the shorter. They stood there for a while until they heard someone knock on the door, interrupting their happy moment.

"I'll go get it," Lucas told Jungwoo, planting a quick peck on his forehead.

The second he opened the door, he wished he hadn't because now he faced someone he didn't want to see at that moment.