Chapter 4

Jungwoo quickly jumped off the younger’s back once they reached the kitchen although he knew Taeyong and Jaehyun already saw Lucas holding him. They were just kind enough not to comment on it. 

They took their seats for breakfast and they had to admit, it was quite delicious. No comments were exchanged and when they were done, they helped clean up the dishes to show their gratitude. 

It was their standard breakfast, not much talking and only acknowledging each other's existence. They simply accepted that Jungwoo and Lucas didn't really like mornings and that was that.

The morning was spent in Jungwoo's room relaxing with Lucas. The two sitting together talking about anything and everything. They were completely ignoring the fact that they had spent the night on the same bed together and that Lucas had basically confessed to the older.

"Yeah, charcoal soap tastes like-"

Jungwoo paused his declaration, suddenly jumping up from his spot and permanently leaving his sentence midway while almost knocking Lucas off the bed who scrambled to get a hold onto the bedsheet before toppling off.

"What? What's wrong Woo?"

"Oh dear Hesus, Lucas! Don't you see it's a- it's a week more until we start school again and we don't- don’t have anything yet?!"

Lucas scrambled out from his spot to confirm on the calendar. How hadn’t they even realized so much time had passed? Were they really so immersed in spending time together away from home that they didn’t even notice the time? Looking up with a thoughtful smile on his face, Lucas made a suggestion.

"Well, why don't we go shopping in the mall today? It’s almost lunch so we can eat there and then have a shopping spree? What d’you say?"

"You like shopping? That's unbelievable. But anyways, I’ll- I’ll go along only if you buy me food."

"It’s a deal then."

Lucas smiled and felt happy. As long as Jungwoo was going with him and he would get his food, he was satisfied. He could almost call this a mini-date even though it was nowhere near official and it was his mind making up wishful scenarios for him.

Come on, they were friends for heaven’s sake!

"It’s official then. I'm actually attracted to someone and it’s with the cutest person in the world!" Lucas thought to himself smugly.

He could get lost in this world forever. If he were completely honest with himself, he could see his life surrounded in happiness and warmth, possibly the farthest thing away from what he had always imagined but mayhaps if it was with Jungwoo, then it was okay.

"Lucas? Lu? Lucas~?" Jungwoo sang, trying to get the male’s attention.

Lucas snapped out of his daze and smiled down at Jungwoo.

"Yes? Were you asking me something?"

"Yeah, I- I tried several times but you didn't answer me."

"Oh, sorry Woo. What were you gonna say?"

"We should- should go then if we're supposed to be there for lunch."

Lucas nodded in agreement and the two quickly got ready, heading to the mall after they managed to convince Jaehyun to borrow them his car and only succeeded because Taeyong helped in convincing. 

It was a ride of loud silence and they reached within 15 minutes, where Jungwoo wasted no time in getting out and dashing to the food court. His priorities then were trying to eat something before he felt completely repelled by the idea, trying his utmost to ensure that he wouldn't just go the entire day without eating.