Chapter 22

"You want Jaehyun to do what?" Taeyong asked, creasing his eyebrows in a mixture of confusion and, pain? At the idea.

"He’s studying to be a lawyer, isn't he? He'd be able to help me."

Taeyong sighed, rubbing his head as he tried deciding on behalf of his boyfriend. To what extent would Jaehyun be willing to participate in such a sketchy situation?

"Chae, I don't even know for whom you’re doing this. I can't say anything unless I know everything."

"Jungwoo and Lucas."

Fuck because now, Taeyong found himself agreeing whether he wanted to or not.

"Fine. But if Jaehyun gets in any form of trouble, minor or worse, you're paying for it."

"Deal."

With that, Chaemin bounded down the front stairs of the shared house like an overly excited puppy, leaving Taeyong to close the partially opened door before collapsing sideways onto the familiar, strong chest he loved.

"I hate you for not stepping in and taking care of the situation yourself," Taeyong mumbled tiredly.

"I’m proud of you for doing it though," Jaehyun laughed. "I only hope she doesn't give me a ridiculous request for whatever requires serious law."

Jungwoo had luckily been drowning himself in work when Chaemin arrived, thankfully unaware lest he may oppose the idea.

Lucas hadn’t returned home in the time they were separated, according to the best of Jungwoo's knowledge, his exes room untouched. But he had. 

Once.

Only for an hour to gather some things, Jaehyun and Taeyong watching quietly before he disappeared again, Jungwoo asleep soundly with a rumbling stomach.

Lucas had taken cover the entire time with Sicheng and Yuta, helping around and occasionally buying groceries as payment. At times, he wondered, was Jungwoo eating? Was he resting well? Did he have enough in him to keep him going?

The more he was left alone, the more went on in his head and the more he slouched off from his work and the more Jinwoo would drag him to revolting parties. Almost seeming out of pure anger. He hadn't even done more except so much as chat with Chaemin on their 'date' but seeing from far, it could appear as flirting and to Jinwoo, who wouldn't mind his business, that's what he thought it was.

The days came and went but steadily, almost painfully, they neared the day Chaemin wanted things to be set right.

It took many upon many nights of watching cameras and figuring out how to get Jaehyun involved safely and the day she figured it out, in Math class might we add, she couldn't help pull out her phone to text Lucas, while her brother, Johnny, watched her wearily.

Shit was about to go down for sure and that was proven three days later Chaemin had convinced Lucas to carry out her plan. 

Needless to say, it was singlehandedly the stupidest yet best plan Lucas had ever heard of and he couldn't tell if the flutters in his stomach were of fear or of excitement to finally have the probability of getting Jungwoo back for himself.

But even though it was possibly a life taking risk, he'd do it. Who gave a shit if he possibly broke a bone in the event?

Surely he didn't but if Jungwoo came to find out, the soft male would care more than anyone else because that's how he was. A caring person especially to Lucas. 

He hated that they were separated but Jungwoo understood more than anyone why they weren't together. Of course, that didnt mean he had come to the conclusion easily but he understood and his insides hurt.