Chapter 24

Mrs Wong seemed to follow Lucas' sudden stare and she gasped once more, placing a hand over her mouth.

"Is this the boyfriend?" She asked cautiously, nudging Lucas' leg to answer quickly.

"The ex boyfriend but yes."

"Oh he's lovely!" She cried, walking forth to gently embrace him in the most tender wrap anyone could feel. "Oh isn't he lovely?" She asked, directing the question to her husband who had been standing to a side quietly.

"Very lovely indeed. I just can't believe Lucas thought we'd abandon him for something so small. Especially not with having had chosen someone so lovely."

The two looked at them puzzled for a bit. It had occurred to both that they had been friends for a few years, before arriving at the dating stage of course. But why did they seem to have forgotten him and treat him as a newcomer?

"Mrs Wong? Don't you- you recognize me?" Jungwoo asked, looking at her tiredly through his fading pink hair.

For a moment, she looked utterly confuzzled, unable to process who he was at all until she looked him up and down properly and let his voice roll in her head repeatedly.

"Oh heavens," she trailed off, lightly touching the cotton candy haireds cheek. "Jungwoo? You've grown well. What a handsome young man you've become since the last time."

Bashfully, he nodded his head yes. A bright smile on his face until there suddenly wasn't and he now looked at her a bit concerned. But it wasn't concern over anything big but instead at the way she suddenly frowned at him. Not disgustingly but more in a form of disappointment.

"Are you still struggling to eat? Lucas didn't feed you? Or didn't try to? I can't believe it. Come on, as soon as we get him processed out, I'll take you to our house and feed you a hearty meal."

Jungwoo nodded in agreement, unable to disagree as he took a seat once more by Lucas' side, wordlessly grabbing his hand and remaining silent as Lucas looked at him in surprise and squeezed his hand.

He took part in no further process after that, simply allowing his heart to soak-in the slow happiness that consumed him with Lucas' warm hand around his. He could really get used to that feeling.

Chaemin was answering to the police and her Father's fury, Jaehyun was dealing with the court procession, his Mother was still living peacefully away from worry- how he preferred it to be- and Lucas? He was sheepishly listening to his Mother's scolding and promises to feed Jungwoo.

It was until they were seated in Lucas' room in his childhood home, resting together on the bed- Mr Seo having said he'd arrange with the school to dismiss Jungwoo and Lucas for a while- where one finally spoke.

"Jungwoo, I'm sorry," Lucas broke out, feeling he couldn't handle it anymore. "I'm so sorry I left you instead of staying and getting through that shit together. For leaving you right after that day when you were still scared and possibly traumatized. For leaving right when you were recovering from a long time of not eating properly and then having you fall back into that episode. I'm just sorry in general for being an awful ex boyfriend. You didn't deserve to feel all that and I feel awful."

Jungwoo rolled the words in his head. There were an awful lot of sorrys. Sometimes sorrys scared him and even though Lucas meant well, those sorrys scared him as well.

"But are- are you sorry for- for existing?"

That question seemed to pop out before he could stop it. It wasn't clear that Lucas felt that way but Jungwoo wanted to assume that mayhaps he could get that question out and be done with it. He knew Lucas for quite some time and although he didn't know him like a book, he figured that mayhaps internally, he beat himself in his mind.

"Truthfully," Lucas said, trailing off for a short moment before carrying on. "There were times where I felt horribly guilty and when I was in that alley way, being murdered didn't seem too bad, y'know? It was almost refreshing in a way to know that I wouldn't cause any pain to anyone."

Jungwoo frowned at that, scooting closer to Lucas in a form of reassurance.

"Don't say that. I- I would've cried."

Lucas smiled in a sad way, they really were fucked up.

"Hey can I ask you something? Something kinda big?" Lucas asked, squeezing their interlaced hands.

"Yeah. As long as I- I won't cry."

Lucas chuckled softly, shaking his head.

He couldn't say. Mayhaps Jungwoo _was_ going to cry.

"Earlier, I was thinking about the time when we weren't talking and I realized, that even though we separated, I would really like the opportunity to get back with you. I know I've caused you so much pain and I really wanna make it up to you so I ask, will you come back to me as my beautiful boyfriend?"

Okay, Jungwoo was supposed to either; a.) look at him in disgust and shrug him off for the audacity or, b.) jump in joy and agree. But of course, there was another option which was; c.) sit absolutely still and start crying for 'no' reason and of course, the last option was the best option in his case.

"Hey! What's wrong?! I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry! You really don't have to give me another chance! I'm sorry!"

"Shut up! St- stop saying sorry!" Jungwoo choked out, getting up and gently placing himself on Lucas' lap to nuzzle his face into the unstabbed shoulder. "I- I would never say n- no. I like you too, too much."

The sun came out, the birds sang, no one was getting hurt, the world was in harmony.

Almost.

It could almost have that illusion if Lucas focused hard enough. Even his shoulder didn't hurt just by the pure happiness that he felt. He could live peacefully if that was the case.

"Really? You wouldn't mind?"

"Just take- take care of me, alright? And don't- don't leave me."

He wouldn't. He swore he would never intentionally go through that again. He'd never willingly go through hell again but if Jungwoo was on the line, then who was he to decline that?

"I promise you."