Chapter 5

Shopping was done aimlessly by walking and looking around and pointing out random stuff. It was fun to gently push each other and visualize one another in wacky outfits but then there came a time where they had to be serious and that’s when they took a break.

Clothing was first. 

But even then they goofed in the changing rooms for a while and tried on ridiculous pieces. Eventually, they got kicked out of the first store and Lucas had to reassure Jungwoo that it wasn’t the end of the world. It took a while to convince the pink-haired male that they weren’t going to get arrested and he could relax. After a long while, they bought a few new sets of clothes before heading for the supplies.

Lucas spotted a cute pen with little fluffy feathers on top while looking at all the things he needed to buy and instantly thought of Jungwoo. While the older was turned away, Lucas grabbed the pen and paid for it and decided it was time to start speeding up so they wouldn't get stuck in the evening traffic jams. 

Before they left, they bought ice cream for themselves to eat along the way so they could end the day right. Lucas loaded everything into the vehicle while Jungwoo held the ice cream in his hands, not doing any work because why would he when he had Lucas to do it for him? He’d be a damsel in distress if it meant getting away from work.

"This is so good! How- how did you know this was my favourite flavour?"

"I'm literally your best friend. How wouldn't I know?"

"You're not my best friend anymore, stupid."

Lucas dramatically gasped at the response and laughed.

"Right. I would never forget. By the way, I got this for you," Lucas said smiling, handing the older the cute pen.

"Aww. Thank you! It’s so cute!" Jungwoo said happily, giving Lucas a big hug.

The male felt his chest swell in happiness and he felt glad he could make the older happy with the littlest things.

._._.

School began all too quickly and the first day was a mess. It all started with Jungwoo waking up late, Lucas lost the keys for Jaehyun's car and they spent fifteen minutes looking for them which turned up in Lucas' pocket, somehow. No one knew how they got there even though they had returned the keys a week prior.

While they had been looking for the keys, Jungwoo forgot about the toast he was trying to make and it ended up really burnt so they drank milk instead. Needless to say, it was a disaster and to top it off, Lucas forgot his school bag and had to rush back inside to get it.

"Oh my gosh, Lucas! You're- you’re forgetting everything today!"

"Sorry Woo, that's just how I am though. Can you check the time? Please?"

"Seven fifty. Wait- HOLY SHIT!" Jungwoo screeched, "CLASS STARTS IN- IN FIVE MINUTES! HURRY UP LU!"

Lucas jumped at Jungwoo's loud voice, nearly swerving into a pole. He had never heard it so loud and yet, the older still sounded as if he were speaking in a normal voice. Lucas pressed the gas and was surprised he didn't get a speeding ticket.

Jungwoo sat very still and leaned against the seat lean with his eyes closed while he felt Lucas speed down the road.

"Please don't let me die like this! Oh not today. Any other day but not today!" Jungwoo prayed in his head.

Jungwoo's prayers were answered and they reached school in one piece, surprisingly. The second they stepped foot onto the ground, they heard the ringing of the bell and rushed to find their schedule. 

"If we- if we somehow share classes, make sure to sit beside me, okay?" Jungwoo said, speed walking to his class.

"Don't worry, I'll be right there!" Lucas yelled at Jungwoo who was a distance away.

Seconds later, Lucas realized he shared homeroom class with Jungwoo and that was it. No other class was similar and he quickly ran down the same way Jungwoo had gone and thanks to his long legs, he caught up quickly. They entered class quietly when the teacher was looking away, luckily there was an empty seat towards the centre back of the class where they managed to slide into. 

Lucas walked in with his hand on Jungwoo's lower back and quickly removed it he saw his other friends smirking at him before taking a seat. Jungwoo rested his head on Lucas' shoulder and whispered a small, "I'm sleepy."

Lucas smiled and let him lay his head there but after a while, he remembered that his friends were in there. Twitching uncomfortably for a bit, he gently pushed Jungwoo's head off. 

"My shoulder hurts."

Jungwoo sat up straight and quickly apologized to him.

"I'm sorry Lu, you should have told- told me sooner."

Lucas smiled at him in reassurance. "Don't worry, I won’t die from that."

The day went by quickly, and soon enough it was Jungwoo's favourite time of the day. Time for lunch. Lucas made the excuse of having to "catch up with his buddies" and like the caring person Jungwoo was, he understood and went to find Ten and Johnny in the cafeteria.

"Oh look who it is!" Ten exclaimed from his table.

"Hi Ten! Hi Johnny," Jungwoo greeted, taking a seat across from them.

"Would you care to explain this?" Ten happily asked, showing Jungwoo the picture of him and Lucas cuddling together.

"Oh" was all Jungwoo could say, hiding his face in his palms and planning a murder for Taeyong. Looking up, he saw Johnny calmly waiting and Ten trying not to bomb him with questions.

"Well you see, that night, I had a- had a really bad dream and so therefore I went and slept with- with him," Jungwoo eventually said, making sure to not make eye contact.

"So you guys aren't together?" Ten asked, a bit disappointed.

Jungwoo looked down pretending he never heard him.

"WAIT YOU GUYS ARE TOGETHER AND NEVER TOLD ME?" Ten yelled, making people look in their direction and causing Jungwoo to sink into his chair. "I feel unwanted!" Ten exclaimed, being the drama queen he was. He clutched his chest in a dramatic way and leaned onto Johnny for support with his eyes closed. Jungwoo giggled at the sight in front of him.

"Johnny, you're my prince charming. Wake me up please." Ten whispered. "I am pretending I have passed out, now do your job."

Johnny rolled his eyes and quickly leaned down and pressed a kiss against Ten's forehead to 'Awaken' him. Ten sat up dramatically and leaned over to ask Jungwoo questions.

"How long have you been together?"

"Not long. Only a week I guess."

Ten looked at Jungwoo and smiled, "Well looks like you got a lot to learn sweetheart."

"What-what do you mean?"

"I mean isn't he like your first boyfriend or something?"

Jungwoo turned away and scratched the back of his neck, "Shh, I don't want anyone to hear. Everyone at this place has already had at least five partners and I haven't had any until just now."

"That’s okay Woo Woo! We will help you. Right, Johnny?!" Ten exclaimed while hitting Johnny's shoulder to get his attention. "Besides, I've only had one and it's this masterpiece right here!"

Johnny jumped from the sudden hit but it didn't hurt since Ten was way more weak than average.

"Oh yeah, we'll help you if you want," Johnny said smiling. "And Ten is also my first so you shouldn't worry."

This was why Jungwoo loved his friends. They were always there for him but this was the beginning of a journey he would either want to remember or completely forget.