Chapter 19

"You'll- you'll take Lu on- on a date?" Jungwoo asked, suddenly disliking the idea although he had no rights to feel as such.

Chaemin sighed. Mayhaps she wasn't the best at explaining things.

"I won't take him on a 'date.' I'll ask him to join me on a lunch to discuss your situation, and you, on the same day, will take Euntae for lunch to shut him up," Chaemin stated proudly. "Don't worry, I'll do the talking to the guy and for Lucas, alright? If all goes well, he'll be triggered by seeing you with the guy and realize he's a fool."

Spoon frozen mid-air with the largest smile ever displayed, Chaemin watched excitedly for her friend to answer. In comparison, with the slowest sip on his Chai Latte, Jungwoo struggled to say what he thought. His fingers ran along the length of the paper cup, feeling the texture as he thought for a response.

Honestly, it wasn't the worst of ideas but it kind of hurt to think of considering they still liked each other but were not together for obvious reasons. But then he thought of what it could mean for them and gradually, it didn't seem like too much of a bad idea.

"Okay, but- but dont say something dumb."

"No problem!"

With Chaemin figuring things out and Jungwoo focusing on keeping down the 'spicey' drink, it seemed as if his life would take a turn and go for the best.

As long as Euntae would keep off his back after the one date.

._._.

Lucas sat still, eyes hazy as he panicked internally on what to do. He was in deep fucking shit.

"Okay, you don’t wanna date anyone but that doesn’t mean you’ll reject a little fun, right?" Jinwoo asked. "Lap dancing is good enough and you get the honour of going first."

Bile built at the pit of his stomach, wanting nothing more but to hug Jungwoo and hear him try to explain the taste of charcoal soap. How did his life turn to complete shit? He had planned it. He had planned to live a good life and even get a part time job but life didn’t want to work for him and now he was stuck doing something he’d never want to do in the first place. No money, no job, shit ass people who said they were his friends, the internal feeling that he was disappointing his parents, and no lover.

"I said I wouldn't date but I think lap dancing is worse than dating," Lucas tried to explain, but his concerns were shot down nearly instantly.

"What? Lucas, man, don’t be dumb! You aren't dating anyone so a little fun won't matter!" Seungyoon 'reassured.' "Besides, you're the only one here that's still a virgin and that's questionable." 

Lucas swallowed heavily, the weight of his 'friends' stares weighing down on him almost suffocatingly. He really didn’t fucking know why he went back to them or mayhaps it was just them bringing him back after nearly killing Jungwoo.

Possibly his strength made them accept him or was it because he broke up that they just randomly accepted him back?

He'd do anything to go crawling back to his ex but a part of him couldn't. He would suffer whether he went back or not and he couldn't tell which of the suffering was worse.

Selfish, maybe, but sometimes humans chose their instinctive nature over the happiness of others and in this situation, Lucas did. But then again, both were suffering but only Jungwoo made an effort to get back. In no way did that mean Lucas cared less but sometimes, people needed an extra push to get them propelled forwards.

Mayhaps he cared more. Mayhaps he chose Jungwoo suffering over him emotionally instead of suffering over him due to physical reasons although they'd be happily together.

Mayhaps he cared more than everyone thought.

"I'll do it then. Just to keep Jungwoo safe," Lucas told himself, bracing himself as he awaited the evening of torture.

._._.

"Chae, what are- are we doing?" Jungwoo asked quietly, following behind his friend.

"Oh, me? I'm about to do something crazy and you? You'll hide on the sidelines and watch."

Oh hell. Homework never seemed more appetizing than now. His Chai Latte rumbled almost disgustingly in his stomach and that was when he could feel the butterflies of, what was it? Dread? Bloom.

"Chae! I don’t- don’t like this."

"No problem. You can go home and I'll go alone."

Screw that too because no way was the pink haired going to go back home alone and leave the girl.

"Never mind. I'll- I'll go with you."

"In or out?"

"In?" Jungwoo replied in more of a final answer instead of a question but nevertheless, he was still confused.

"Alright then, we're nearly there."

But ‘nearly’ to Chaemin might as well have been hours to Jungwoo because when he heard the word 'nearly,' he assumed the most three minutes but Chaemin's 'nearly' was at the least, fifteen minutes. He could feel his body start to go sluggish and the night air began to freeze his nose and right when he thought they would never get to where they wanted to be, Chaemin came to halt in front of a terrifyingly large house that stood out amongst the other houses.

It seemed as if it were laughing at the smaller homes and Jungwoo could feel himself internally rage at whoever did such obvious mockery and belittling. Some humans were made of greed and pride, and whoever lived in that house sure as hell had enough pride to fill the sea. It was obviously not the best of areas but sat in the middle of it all like a castle, a house larger than most well off families would have in the first place. It was honestly disgusting to see.

"Okay, in we go!" Chaemin exclaimed much too excitedly, leading the way up the driveway upon ringing the doorbell.

Several scrambles and footsteps were heard from the inside and it was until they were led inside, with a heavy stare by a suspicious girl, to the living room where Jungwoo suddenly wished he were dead instead.