Chapter 45: Hunting Expedition Success

"You're turning into Astrix," Trent said and I looked up at Kyle. He had developed a habit of piercing his first layer of skin with his knife. He did it almost subconsciously now.

  "I'm not that bad! I have only cut myself once!" I protested and Trent rolled his eyes.

  "You know when they are going to be back?" Kyle asked and Trent shrugged.

  "Hopefully when they find food," Trent said and I nod. Darwin, Ashley, Van, and Miranda had gone on a "Hunting Expedition" early the day before.

  "They probably won't," Kyle mumbled under his breath and I narrowed my eyes at him.

  "Pessimist," I said and he glared at me.

  "Oh and you're a huge optimist, yeah?" Kyle asked.

  "Big words! It's been six months, can't hear big words," Trent said, using bad grammar on purpose.

  "Wait, six months? Already?" I asked and Kyle looked as surprised as I felt. Well of course it was six months already. It had been two weeks since Nile and I were rescued from the CIA.

  "Yeah, I try to keep track," Trent said. The door downstairs flew open and a voice rang through the house.

  "We're back!" Van yelled, absurdly loud.

  I jumped off of the ground and raced Trent and Kyle downstairs.

  "Did you get anyth-?" Trent started but then stopped and his mouth dropped open.

  "You got a deer?" Kyle asked after we stared in surprise for a few seconds.

  "Correction. Ashley got a deer," Ashley said and pointed to herself.

  "Yes, Ashley showed us all up," Darwin said and rolled his eyes.

  "Miranda helped get it to me," Ashley said and Miranda glowed with pride.

  "So, the girls did better then the guys?" I taunted and looked and Darwin and Van who were standing by each other with their arms crossed.

  "Ha! Well, let's get this thing butchered!" Kyle said and Darwin and Van lit up.

  "Yeah, you guys have fun with that. We're going to go, uh," Ashley started, unsure of how to finish.

  "Logic. Yeah, we're going to go logic," I said and turned and went upstairs.

  "Logic?" Van asked and Kyle cut him off.

  "It's what the girls do when they have nothing else to do. We're still unsure of what it means," Kyle said and Van made an exasperated noise.

  "Whatever. Have fun logicing!" Van yelled up to us as we disappeared into an entertainment room.

  "Logic? We're going to logic?" Miranda asked as I shut the door.

  "Yes, logic. It's now the keyword for taking out the CIA from the inside," I said with a grin and Ashley and Miranda stared at me blankly.

  "How?" Ashley asked in utter confusion and I swung the back pack off of my shoulder and took out Darwin's computer.

  "I'm kind of an extreme hacker," I said and Miranda's eyes lit up and she started laughing.

  "Completely forgot about that. Well what are we waiting for? Let's get to messing with the CIA!" Miranda said and I smiled at her. I had missed my best friend way more than I thought I did.

  I quickly hacked through the CIA's system without a problem. Miranda and Ashley watched me intently.

  As soon as I got into the database, I was able to set up a message and send it out. The message simply said: