Chapter 18: Drowning Is A Bad Way To Die

"Where do you think the boys are?" Ashley asked. We were relaxing in the hot tub now. The boys had been gone for at least three hours now.

  "Don't know, don't care," I said with a smile. Ashley laughed a giddy laugh. We knew this couldn't last forever but we were going to try to keep it this way as long as possible.

  "Hey Astrix?" Ashley asked.

  "Hmm?" I asked. I felt like I could fall asleep right there.

  "Are you and Nile a thing?" Ashley asked. That took me off guard a little and I inhaled some water and sat up.

  "What? No, well I don't think so," I stuttered.

  "Oh okay. I wasn't sure," Ashley said with a hint of a smile. I glared at her and splashed water onto her.

  We sat in the hot tub for another peaceful fifteen minutes. I heard a creak and shot up instantly.

  "What was that?" I asked. Ashley gave me a weird look.

  "Probably the boys?" Ashley said in a duh tone. I sat and listened carefully.

  There was another loud creak and a... moan.

  Ashley and I were both out of the hot tub in a moment.

  "I don't have any weapons!" Ashley whisper yelled. I looked around and realized that I didn't either. That's when the door to the next room slid opened and there stood two zombies, blocking off our only exit. Ashley and I took a step backwards but the pool was blocking us off. And of course these were fast zombies. They both ran straight for us and Ashley met hers halfway. I waited for mine to reach me.

  As soon as the zombie collided with me I stumbled back a little. I dug in my feet and tried to hold my ground. I kneed the zombie in the gut. That just seemed to make it angrier because it charged at me with another burst of energy. I lost my footing and fell back into the pool with the zombie.

  "Astrix!" Ashley screamed right before I hit the water.

  I hit the water hard and the zombie was still attacking me. I didn't have any air in my lungs and I kicked the zombie and tried to get to the air. Of course we were in the eight feet deep part of the pool and I was pressed against the bottom of the pool. My lungs screamed and the zombie lunged for my throat. I held the zombie at an arms length away from me. My eyes were starting to darken around the edges and my lungs made a desperate gasp for air. My arms finally buckled and the zombie lunged for my neck. I saw something dive into the water and then my eyes shut. I was still aware of the water all around me, but the zombie was gone.

  I felt an arm wrap around my waist and I was propelled up. As soon as we hit the air I gasped and sputtered. I was hoisted onto the ground and I coughed up water and opened my eyes.

  "Geez were the Hell did they come from?" Ashley huffed. She was on her knees and there was blood streaming from her arm.

  "Don't... Know," I sputtered. I looked up and saw Nile. Of course but Trent and Van weren't there.

  Nile was dripping with water and was gasping air as well.

  "Thank you," I said after I had gotten a steady amount of air back into my lungs.

  Nile just nodded and flopped onto the ground.

  None of us said anything we just sat and looked at each other. I noticed that Ash's zombie was laying on the ground by the hot tub and the corner of the hot tub was bloody. Whether it was from the zombie or Ashley's arm, I wasn't sure.

  "Alright. I came back because Trent and Van wanted me to come get you guys. I won't tell him about this if you guys can get some more clothing. Otherwise you're screwed.

  Ashley and I nodded and stood up. We walked to the bedroom that we could have sworn was a teenagers room. As soon as we walked inside Ashley squealed and ran for the dresser and mirror. There was makeup and perfumes all over the dresser. I pulled open the dresser and threw some clothes out to wear.

  "Ashley, I don't mean to interrupt you but if you wear perfume, won't the zombies smell you easier?" I asked. Ashley looked at me with a blank expression then put down the bottle of perfume she had.

  Ashley and I changed into our jeans, tee shirts, and sweat shirts and then met Nile downstairs.

  "Why did they want you to come get us?" I asked. Nile shrugged and led us out the door. Ashley was picking at her finger nail and once again I was messing with my knife. Even if I had cut my hand the day before from doing the same exact thing.

  When we reached the store that Nile, Van, and Trent had went to, Van and Trent met us outside.

  "Finally! You took forever!" Trent complained. I rolled my eyes and Van mocked Trent.

  "What did you want?" I asked. Trent beckoned us all inside and we were immediately awed. The shelves were stacked with food. Of course there was some things that would have gone bad but there were a lot of things that wouldn't have. Such as...

  "Chocolate!" Ashley yelled and ran straight for the candy isle. I followed in close pursuit.

  "The whole place is zombie free. There is food here that could last us a long time! We could stay here!" Trent said. as he followed us. I stopped and looked at Trent.

  "I can't stay and you know that," I said. I really had to figure stuff out.

  "Yeah I know but-,"

  "No Trent. I'm not staying here forever. I'm sorry but I can't," I said and then followed Ashley to where she was pigging out on different candy.

  I leave in two days.

-----

Ta da? Next few chapters are important! So pay attention!!

I have everything up to chapter 27 written now :)

Read on, vote on, comment on, fan on, and feedback on!!! (New ending? ideas?)