Chapter 24: Reunited With Old Enemies

"Well, hello, Astrix. I didn't fancy seeing you here," Beige said.

  "Didn't you?" I asked in a mocking way. I looked around for my friends but saw no sign of them.

  "Maybe I did. But you forgot my gift," Beige said and then a knife was sailing for my face. I ducked and ran at Beige. He was expecting this and sidestepped me easily. I swung around and kicked his side hard. He moaned and went to punch my face. I ducked and went to kick his stomach. He grabbed my foot and threw me towards the edge of the roof. I fell backwards and grabbed onto the roof. I pulled myself up a little but Beige's foot connected with my face. I yelled out and dropped back to my hanging position.

  "Where are your friends now?" Beige yelled. He took out his gun and had it to my face.

  "Right here," Trent said and punched Beige in the face. Beige dropped to the roof and Trent pulled me up.

  Nile, Ashley, Van, and Darwin were all standing there as well.

  "Darwin?" Beige moaned and stood back up. Darwin flinched and looked like he wanted to disappear.

  "Beige," Darwin said.

  "You traitor!" Beige yelled and flung himself at Darwin. They were rolling on the roof flying at each other as Beige's people jumped onto the roof.

  In the group I saw Purdita and Gia. Gia looked at me and ran at me instantly.

  "Astrix," Gia said as soon as she got within a foot of me.

  "Gia," I said. I smiled as a confused look crossed her face. I took that time to hook my foot behind her knee and pull. She landed on the ground but of course I was no match for a trained assassin. She was on her feet and was using a pressure point on me instantly. I fell to the ground and she kicked my side. I yelled out in pain and moved my arm up quickly. I caught Gia in her temple with my elbow and she collapsed to the ground. I got up and was immediately attacked by someone else.

  "Purdita," I growled. I kicked up and Purdita tumbled over me. I swung my leg under me and hit her side. She moaned and I went for the same pressure point that Gia used on me. Purdita lay on her back, not moving from the pressure point.

  That's when I heard the gun go off right behind me.

  I expected to feel pain and see darkness but instead I heard a yell of pain from someone else. I swung around and saw Nile hit the ground. His hand went over his chest.

  "Nile!" I screamed and ran towards him. A hand swung out and I clothes lined it and fell on my back. Beige was staring down at me and he had a gun in his hand.

  Ashley jumped onto Beige's back and I punched him. My hand cracked and I kicked his side hard. I punched him again and he was out cold on the ground.

  I breathed hard and ignored the pain that was blossoming in both my side and hand.

  I ran to Nile. His hand was over his chest, near his right shoulder, and I silently thanked God for it being away from his heart.

  I tore off my sweat shirt that I was wearing and held it to Nile's wound.

  "We need bandages!" Ashley said. Her voice was hysterical.

  "Nile's back pack!" I yelled. Van grabbed it and tossed it to me. I ordered Ashley to apply pressure to the sweat shirt and I went through Nile's bag. I found the roll of bandages. I took out my knife and ripped open Nile's shirt. Ashley took the sweat shirt off and I wrapped the bandages around his arm and chest several times.

  When I had bandaged Nile's wound we were faced with a more difficult issue. How we're we going to get him to the ground, safely?

  "Astrix, we need to move before anyone else finds us," Darwin said. I nodded and Trent and Van supported Nile between them.

  By the time we got off the roof, we decided on a house and locked the door. We found a room and set Nile on the bed. I still had blood on my hands so I went to the bathroom and worked it off.

  "That was really quick thinking," Darwin said as I walked out of the bathroom.

  I opened my mouth to say something but then I remembered something. I flew at Darwin and slammed him against the wall, my arm on his neck.

  "You were working with Beige!" I yelled.

  "I had to!"

  "You expect us to trust you? You probably are leading the rest of the CIA here so that they can kill me!" I said angrily.

  "No I'm not!" Darwin said.

  I felt hands wrench me off of Darwin and onto the couch.

  "You need to calm down!" Trent said. The side of his face had blood on it and there was sweat drenching him.

  I squinted and went to the room we had put Nile in. I needed to know who this Darwin kid was. I was hacking into his computer, tonight.

-----

A/N

KICK ASS ASTRIX EVERYONE!!

AND THIS JUST GOT 800 READS!!!!! WHOOP!!