Working with Mr. Perfect: Agent Y's POV

I headed back to the apartment that evening when my sister Agent R was preparing dinner. She put the food on the table as I entered. She was pleased to see me and I helped her to get the utensils from the cabinet. We began to eat our meals together.

" Sis , are we supposed to wait for W and B?" my sister curiously asked.

" B is still on a mission in Remnant," I replied when I took a glass of water. " W is with Jemma and Fitz at SHIELD HQ for their lab activity."

" Oh, I see," R nodded. " Looks like, we're the two of us remaining here. It reminds me of the old days with dad, Uncle Qrow and in Beacon Academy." I chewed and swallowed my food when she was thinking of her question to me.

" How's your work in the 'Nerd Jail'?"

" Nerd Jail?" I startled and raised my pitch.

" Before we and the SHIELD guys came in MIB, Big Bro P's office is well-known as.... "THE NERD JAIL"!!" R evilly grinned and spoke in her eerie voice. " According to Frank the Pug, there's a curse who works in that department. An MIB Agent will end up as a techno-zombie like his master, the geek angel of Death! There's a point of no return when you try to escape from his lair! You'll end up as slaves of gadgets, holographic files, database, and other alien computer tech..."

" Okay, R! I get it! I get it!!" I loudly laughed and slapped the table. " Did you hear such nonsense from that Remoolian dude? Seriously, he's pranking anyone else!!"

" Oh yeah!! Frank's making-up stories, again." R sighed.

" About the "Nerd Jail" experience, I'm becoming very busy as ever. P has noticed me that I have learned too fast from work. It's not bad at all!"

" Don't tell me, you feel inspired, don't you?"

" Yeah, in some way..."

" What makes you inspired my dear sister?"

" Work..."

" Just work?! Come on! There must be someone else in your work!! Is it the Methane Boys?"

" No, they're just alien kids who look like extremely tall grown men!"

" Okaaaay...."

" I'm.... really... attracted...to...a ...guy. Perhaps...infatuated..."

" Who?"

" Someone from the Avengers," I nervously answered.

" Don't take Captain America AWAY from me, he's MINE!!"

" Okay, I won't!!"

" Then who?"

" He also works for the MIB," I replied and quickly swallowed my food. I drank my glass of water. Agent R was intently looking at me and smiling as she had an idea of who the person was.

" My rose petals are tingling!!" she sang in a high note and chuckled. " I know who!!"

" Please, R! Promise me not to tell to anyone okay?" I anxiously said, wore my pair of RayBans, and took my neuralyzer. " I won't give you a burning punch. I'm going to erase your memories if you will do that!"

" Okay," she terrifyingly said. " Stop it, sis! Don't neuralyze me!!"

" Good," I took away my things. " I just want you to know it's classified. If anyone finds out about me and my boss, the chief's gonna kill me for good! You know what I mean."

" Right, I'll keep my mouth shut!" she said and zippered her lips. " Can you tell me how did you get along with him?"

" Did you mean the time he died, in coma, unleashed his Inhumanity, and joined in the Avengers?"

" No, it's before those things happened to him,"

" Oh, it's my first few weeks with him," I said and finished my meal. " Do you really want to know the story?"

" Yes!"

" Okay," I stood up and took my dishes on the sink. Agent R followed me and started to wash them. " R, Did you remember the time I punched him and mistakenly recognized him as Junior?"

" Yeah, you almost got grounded by Agents J and K on your first day. Wait, that's time when we reunited each other and had our tests and training. We passed with flying colors, though."

" In our first day together, I was surprised to see him as a proctor in the IQ tests. He was staring at us and and crossing his arms. Looking at him, he seemed to be very scary, but there was something else."

" What do you mean?"

" He had an aura and a semblance within him. I sensed that he was a powerful one. Perhaps, he had a spirit of a phoenix within him."

" It's the tale of the Blazing Phoenix, sis. You're just comparing him to a mythical fire bird! Big Bro Pyromaniac is an Inhuman in reality! He was born with a weird DNA! Jemma and W have told me of his secrets!"

" I see," I smiled. " Now going back, he observed us in some series of tests. I did something wrong on that dummy in the shooting range."

" Little Tiffany? B and W laughed at you."

" I shot her head. Then, someone asked me that all of the monsters why did I hit the little girl." I continued. " I answered that what if she's the youngest member of the White Fang and asked those goons to chase the civilians. Then, the half-Asian man in black was surprised to hear my answer."

" Like he would say, 'you've got a weird imagination.' "

" Yeah," I laughed. " Then, we got oriented and trained afterwards. Of course, P lead us everything about the MIB history and the other things to know."

" Hmm, I see," R nodded. " What happened afterwards?"

" Okay, I was assigned in the MIB Cyber Archives as a trainee staff."

" How was it?"

" It's very difficult at first," I answered. " I was not even familiar with too much advanced technology from aliens. I was a huntress, news reporter, and a radio DJ. I couldn't handle those things."

" Well?"

" P and I had few arguments before, but I tried to control my burning Inhuman semblance. I found him too rude and difficult to deal with. He's just like some TV or movie bosses that I've seen. I did a lot of mistakes in data-encoding and transferring, but he was checking it thoroughly as I received a lot of scolding from him. He's a perfectionist and a very meticulous guy. He's too logical!"

" Sis, you tended to get furious at your boss before, but how come you became so respectful with him?"

" Someone talked to me about him,"

" Who?"

" Miss O, the MIB chief," I said and placed the dishes. " She made a much helpful advice to face and deal my direct boss and anger management. Miss O had known the Junior's Club incident, so she helped me to realize respect and obedience."

" Respect and Obedience, eh?" R giggled. " It helped you to work effectively with him. That's an interesting beginning."

" Yeah, before the SHIELD people came in,

" Okay, how about field missions with him , did you have any?"

" I'd never experienced one, but he warned me about the neuralyzer."

" Yeah, that thing flashes and erases your memories. Big Bro P's kinda worried when you tried to use it!"

" Oh that, I was checking on his desk as he asked me to find his tablet and files about the 200 year old Faunus weapon. I kept searching for it, until I found that metallic pen-like object. I got curious of it when I saw the buttons. Then, his space kids the Methane Boys were surprised to see me holding it."

" What happened?!"

" They called their Earth-dad superior when they found me. P took me into the other room. I received another scolding from him. "

" Woah...he's got triggered at you, sis!" R chuckled and wiped her hands with a towel. " Now, I knew why he's so difficult. Any awkward moments, Agent Y?"

" The other day when I was with Daisy, we went walking on the MIB Command Center Hub. A group of newly arrived Faunus and other aliens caused a stampede and a sticky mess. It had something to do with the White Fang scare, of course. We continuously talked everything when I accidentally slipped on the floor. Until, he came and cradled me on his arms. He helped me to stand up and sternly said, " Be careful with the wet floor next time, Agent Y!" "

" Ooooh, interesting!!" R's smile reached from ear to ear. " How was it like to be saved by your senior agent?"

" I..I n-never expected that too happen," I blushed. " But I knew he is a gentleman."

" Tell me more! Tell me more!"

" I was having a lunch break after my duty," I continued and sat on my chair. " I saw him using his gadget on the MIB lounge. Perhaps, he was playing a game or something. Then, I got curious when I fixedly looking at him."

" STALKER!"

" I was just plain curious, R!" I raised my pitch. " If he was not playing games, then he was studying some hacked data from the White Fang or from our undercover mission."

" That explains,"

" Then, he slowly turned his back and gave him signature death stare."

" How many death stares did you receive?"

" 1,000 of them in 7 days from those mistakes I made."

" Woah, that was even intense!" R laughed as she kept listening.

" He may be a handsome and an intelligent fellow, but he needed someone to soften his heart."

" What do you mean, Sis?"

" He lost his wife several years ago. That changed him after that. He became very cynical and overly serious."

" Was that when you visited Mrs. Alpha's empty grave and saw him weeping, there?"

" Yes, I sensed his loneliness at that time." I nodded. " I understood why he was like that."

Agent R was deeply thinking of the events that happened during the White Fang attacks on the planet. She remembered the time when she joined P in Mountain Glenn and felt anxious about his disappearance. She straightly looked at me and saw my sullen face as she cleared her throat.

" Big Bro's life had changed when you saved him," R said. " Despite of his death and Inhumanity, he redeemed himself to help us and stop our enemies."

" Yeah," I nodded. " He thanked me for that."

" Sis, what's wrong?"

" I don't know,"

" Hey, you were laughing at your stories. Why it's so sudden that you have become sad and so serious? Are you okay?"

" R, I have fallen in-love with him, but he ignored it," I replied. " I felt so unappreciated after those events had happened. When he joined the Avengers, he became busier than before. I rarely had a chance to talk to him. Then, I'm also afraid to tell him how I feel."

R's face turned serious and concerned. She took my hand and put her arms on my shoulder. It was my first time seeing her that way in years. I didn't know what had come into her mind at this moment.

" Y, I've never experienced this feeling before," she said. " I understood you had feelings for him. Maybe, he's not prepared or even ashamed to tell his. That's why he become so occupied at his work. He has some reasons."

" Should I wait for him?"

" Probably, yes." she answered. " But I have another idea, I'll tell this to your best friend, Daisy and our teammates. Maybe, they could help. Nat can join with us, too!"

" But R... I told you not to..."

" Operation: Cupid's Arrow! "

" R, you don't have to..."

" Hey, you saved Big Bro's life from death. Your blood and his brings closer together! Like you said that someone has to soften his heart! And that could be you!"

" How? What if he doesn't like me?"

" Nonsense!!" R laughed and smirked. " I have a plan. It's classified!"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

" Kuya, hindi ka ba nababahala?" Nat curiously asked her older cousin's anxiety as she put all the dishes into the cabinet.

" Why? Bakit?" the tall half-Asian man in black continuously wiped the dinner table.

" Si Agent Y, nalulungkot siya
. She's too lonely."

" So?"

" I just noticed her in a couple of days after former Director Fury recruited you to the Avengers. You just see here in your department and barely talk to her. Sobrang busy mo naman kasi."

" Exactly, Nat. My priorities as an MIB Agent and an Avenger come first. I just give her some tasks to finish the work with the Methane Boys while I'm away. She easily complies.That's all."

" Hay naku!! " Nat sighed. " She wants to spend more time in knowing each other personally, especially you!! Pambihira naman! "

" Eh, ano?!"

" Give her some time! Bigyan mo siya ng oras! " she shrugged. " You can talk to her in a couple of minutes or an hour in your break, di ba?"

" That's not with the accordance to the MIB protocols about talking to fellow agent's personal lives!"

" Hay naku, Kuya Popoy!!" she sarcastically replied and crossed her arms. " Everything's changed. You may stick to the old rules, but it's not worthy. I know that you are good-hearted man who I have grown up with. Pero, because of what happened to your late wife and your death, it has hardened you."

" Bakit mo sinasabi yan? " Agent P or Pyromaniac got struck from Nat's question.

" She saved your life, Kuya. Siya ang nagligtas sa yo." Nat replied. " She deserves to be appreciated and valued." Suddenly, a door bell caught their attention. " May bisita pala tayo."

" Nat, paki-bukas mo ang pintuan." P said and arranged the chairs.

SHIELD Agent Maria Anatalya Dela Cruz moved the door knob and opened it. She saw the two men in front of her. They were smiling as they saw her.

" We're here to see your older cousin, Nat!" the Hispanic MIB said.

" We're having boys' pep talk," the brunette man with a glowing chest added. " It has something to do with Pyromaniac. We brought some donuts and coffee for our snacks."

" Okay, come in." Nat replied and offered the guests a seat. Some time later, the three men had their conversation and snacks in the living room. They enjoyed their time together as they laughed.

" P, it's so obvious! " Omega chuckled. " She likes you!"

" She is my subordinate. I don't think..." P reluctantly said.

" So what?! I date my subordinates all the time! " Tony Stark grinned.

" Y will work out better! "

" Hey kid, just be with her! Don't be such a sad little puppy!" Tony rolled his eyes at the thinly veiled insult. " You're not the young and happy Paul Williams that I met several years ago. Man, you mourned too much!"

" I AM NOT SAD, STARK! " P reddened his pupils in anger and almost ignited his fingers.

" What he really meant is you have to move on," Omega replied. " Look, P. You know I absolutely hate to talk about Miriam, because of what happened to her."

" Yes, I understood that. She was stoned.." P calmed himself and ceased his burning.

" Your wife was stoned?! " Tony raised his pitch as he got surprised. Agent Omega frowned and sighed.

" I don't want too...Look, she was a Pakistani, and a bit too modern to live there. I... P, don't morn for years like I did. I seriously thought of joining the Priesthood, not because I felt a calling, but because I felt I couldn't take the pain again if I lost another woman like I did Miriam."

" That's why you were in Seminarian! "

" Yes, I had given up on love. But when I went to fight Master Of Pandemonium and then Mephisto to save Kitty. I realized I couldn't live with out her."

" Whoa!!" Tony exclaimed.

" He nearly was destroyed saving her. Omega, I understand your situation, but Y is ten years younger than me." P replied.

" And she respects you... and is devoted to you... enviable qualities in a wife. I wish Kitty could go five minutes with refering to me as STUPID. You're so lucky to have a subordinate like her."

" Okay, " Tony smiled and turned to Pyromaniac. " What's so special about her?"

The half-Asian man deeply thought before he could answer. His friends waited for him to hear. Agent P or Pyromaniac cleared his throat and began to spoke.

" Agent Y is a very interesting woman," he continued. " She's confident, cheerful, nurturing, humorous, and a very optimistic one. She's one of my faithful co-workers in MIB. At first, she's a very difficult and impulsive junior agent. She had been such a headache before, but she remained respectful to me. Working with her every day, she reminds me of someone with the same qualities she has."

" Who?" Agent Omega and Tony Stark asked in unison.

" She's like my late wife, Agent Alpha or Alice Williams. Everytime, I see Agent Y, she seems like I am talking and working with Alice. I have understood they are different persons. I just don't want to express my longing for her. I don't want to mess up my professional and personal life. Besides, I'm afraid to tell my feelings for Y."

" So that's why you're a very difficult senior agent to her before," Omega nodded.

" Hey, you'll be having a hard time coping for your loss, Pyro." Tony added. " That's very stressful. Anyway, Evan or Omega and I paid you a visit. We just want to help you."

" Thanks but..."

" We understood what happened to you," Omega replied. " You lost your wife, killed in action, and returned as an Inhuman. Now, you're an Avenger like Tony, I think you should let your negative emotions and bad experiences go. You have a new life. This is your chance to be with someone again. If Agent Y is with us right now and hearing you, how would she feel?"

P was speechless as his friends talked to him. He felt electrocuted when he heard their words. He thought to answer this question. He kept remembering those early days of team RWBY as MIB agents. It took time for him to recollect from his mind.

" She's lonely and too concerned for what I am feeling right now. I might have been too tough on her, " he answered. " You know what, I have fallen in love with her. I tend to ignore this emotion, but it's uncontrollable."

" Wait, what?" Omega surprisingly exclaimed.

" Oooooohhh, Looks like, Cupid has stricken the toughest man in MIB!!" Tony laughed.

" Seriously, I don't know how to deal with her. I am afraid to tell this to her."

" Hey, you and Y are both Inhumans, right?" Omega asked. " If she feels angry and burning, then you feel the same thing. You can also think and perceive the same things in her mind. Both of you have this connection or singularity from your semblances."

" In short, it's an extrasensory perception," Tony added. " It's an extremely rare case for people."

" That's why I can tune into her senses, " P said. " I remembered the time I remained in the glass cell. When the White Fang infiltrated our base, Y and the others were fighting those intruders. At that time, I felt like I was scorching those enemies. Then, I had already known that she and her friends would find me. I just discovered this ability during that incident. I'd never expected to have it, but our blood and aura created this link."

" Now, you understood that she's depressed and you ignored her," Tony said. " You gotta do something, Pyro."

" See? It's not an accident! " Omega smiled. " This new life you have made you that way. I think it also goes with her!"

" Now what?" P asked.

" Looks like, we have an idea!" Tony grinned.

It was Valentine's Day when I was in the SHIELD headquarters in Manhattan as Daisy and the others brought me. I was skidding with them on the hallway in that evening.

" Gals, where are you taking me?" I curiously asked.

" We're taking you to the lounge," Agent Daisy Johnson smiled, took my hand, and dragged me.

" Hey, we've just reserved the place for your special night!" Kitty added.

" It's Valentine's, " I said. " It's supposed to be a lot of people hanging out there for dating!"

" Sis, the venue is empty, " R replied. " You're gonna meet a special performer in person."

" Special performer? Then, we're expecting a lot of crowd. Are you coming to watch his concert?"

" Nope, " B the Faunus MIB confidently answered. " He doesn't want too much fans to see him. Most likely, you're going to watch him, alone."

" Alone? What are you guys talking about? Who is he?"

" You're gonna find out! " Daisy said as she and the others reached that place. I felt nervous about it which they never told me exactly who the performer was. Director Coulson, Agents May, Dela Cruz, and W stood behind the door. They stared at me as I got startled. I couldn't believe this was happening.

" Ticket,please." W said and glared at me.

" What ticket?! " I hesitantly said.

" No ticket, no concert," May crossed her arms and frowned.

" But I don't have one."

" I have!!" Daisy said and gave it to them. She turned to me and winked. " Y, good luck!"

" Good luck? Are you guys coming with me?" I asked.

All of my companions had nodded 'No' when they smiled. Coulson and Nat looked at me as I got anxious with their strange happy faces.

" Thank you for coming, Agent Y," the SHIELD director said.

" Enjoy watching the show!! " Nat added. They opened the lounge's door when I entered. It was dim and empty. I felt terrified if there were robots and evil space aliens would appear in this place. I forgot to bring my Ember Celica which I left it in my apartment before I came here. Suddenly, the stage was lighted and there were two chairs being placed. I approached that corner and sat down. I turned my head to and fro as I was expecting a performer would come. But why should I sit beside him? Did he already plan to sit and sing for his most favorite fan? It kept me thinking as I waited for that performer.