Agent ME and the Cancrites

The New York City night lights flickered and stunned the view of Central Park when some evening park goers spent time roaming around. A forty-three year old security guard held a torch and inspected the area. He skidded as the darkness left the way and heard some strange voices behind him. He was terrified and attempting to calm himself. He followed the sound which it served as his direction. He was going to the farther left side of the park where the man-made lake could be found. The man took his two-way radio to contact his fellows and pressed the button.

" Roy, this is Maes, over!" the security guard said.

" Maes, what brings you to call?"

" I heard creepy noises on the farther left," Maes anxiously replied. " It's some sort of paranormal beings here.."

" Why don't you check it out?" the other guard sarcastically asked.

" Can't you see it's almost 10 in the evening? I have a family there who worries about my safety!"

" You don't get to used to night shifts, Maes. What if you see a ghost?"

" Come on, Roy!! Stop scaring me!!"

" Just do it and find it out." Roy sighed.

Maes the Central Park night guard continued to scan and walk at the area. He felt jittery and sweating as his torch pointed at the giant purple beings in front of him. Their blood was scattered and flowing on the ground to the lake. Maes again took his radio and contacted his buddy.

" Roy, this is Maes, over!" he ground his teeth and shook his right hand.

" What now?"

" G-G-G-G-G.."

" Maes, this is not time for jokes! What is going on?"

" GIANT ALIENS! I MEAN DYING SPACE CRABS! ROY, YOU HAVE TO CHECK IT AND BE THERE!!"

" You're ridiculing me..."

" You've told me about ghosts. This time, aliens are freaking real!"

" What are you talking about, Maes?!"

Maes took his phone camera to take a picture of those giant crustacean beings and sent it to his friend. Roy received an image and saw the aliens lying beside the lake and dying.

" Maes, I think we have a serious problem."

" I've told you ALIENS ARE FREAKING REAL!!" Maes cried and looked at the dying space crabs. Yet, he wanted to figure out how to keep out of trouble, but some people dressed up in black suits came to the scene. Maes was surprised to see them. One of them was a short and brown-haired man who approached him. He saw the bleeding giants in the first place with his colleagues.

" CDC Division 6, we'll take it from here," the man said and showed his badge.

" Oh, thank goodness! You're all here!" the night guard answered and got relieved. " I saw those aliens just this minute."

" Hey.." the Man in Black said. " I'm an alien too."

" What?!"

" I'm a Mercurian in origin. Oh by the way, you can't interfere with our business!"

" Wait.. W-what?"

The Mercurian MIB agent took his RayBans and neuralyzer from his blazer jacket and quickly flashed the witness. The night guard was blankly staring at the MIBs. He had already forgotten what he saw. He remained speechless and catatonic.

"Listen, Earth-man," the Mercurian gave him a strict warning. " You never saw aliens around the place. The lake got contaminated by some large amounts of Strontium Oxide from wastes. It's very harmful to you. So, please tell your friend to leave the premises as soon as possible."

Suddenly, the MIB chief contacted the Mercurian as she made an important message.

" ME, here.." he said.

" This is O," the chief replied. " I have a suspicion about the aliens' blood. It will cause contamination into the lake."

" Yes, ma'am," ME answered. " We're still figuring out this incident. Anyway, I just neuralyzed a witness."

" Good, I've sent some back-ups to sanitize the park. Please continue with your activity."

" Yes ma'am."

The guard left when Agent ME began to inspect and investigate with his fellow MIB agents. Agents C and D were with him to help. ME came closer to the dying aliens and checked their vitals. He was surprised to see them as they had difficulty to catch their breathe. Doctors SH and L were with them for their investigation.

" The Oxygen levels in our atmosphere cannot sustain them," SH the Russian explained. " They hardly survive here on Earth."

" I agree," L the Swiss physician nodded. " Their cry means suffocation. Since, I scanned their respiratory and cardiovascular system. Their cells cannot stand the Oxygen levels. That's why they are bleeding."

" What do you mean?" ME got curious.

" They are Argon breathers."

" So, where we can find Argon gas?" C asked.

" Yeah, what color is that thing?" D added and scratched his head.

" Guys, I think their blood color gives us clue.." ME the Mercurian pointed at the liquid.

" Purple?"

" Ewww, nasty.."

" Vrach L and I checked the severeness of their bleeding.." SH replied.
" It could be fatal to them."

Agent ME looked at the giant space crabs and scanned their race from his device. He found the results as he was about to tell his colleagues.

" Guys, they're Cancrites from Zeta Cancri solar system. One of their planets contains Argon in their atmosphere."

" But why did they settle here on Earth?" C asked the Mercurian's explanation.

" Okay, I just heard of their planetary extinction 2 weeks ago," ME continued. " Miss O discussed everything about them, but she warned about their existence here on Earth."

" I see then.." D smiled and got a clue. " I think I have a better idea.."

" Well, what is it?"

" There's a factory that supplies Argon gas in Brooklyn," he answered and remembered one of his missions. " I saw some Argon breathers in that place. I think it will be the right one for them."

" Wait!!" ME cried and saw the spacecraft crash on the park forest. He immediately inspected the vehicle and found something. " This is their breathing canister." He held a large can which contained that same gas. " But I don't think it will make it. It's almost empty. D's right the Brooklyn Factory can take them to get revived."

The MIB agents and physicians exchanged glances and nodded. They made a decision to take the Cancrites to the mentioned place. They treated them and finally got recovered from bleeding.

" Well, it looks like we did it.." C smiled.

" Thanks to you, ME. You quickly responded to help them." D added.

" Sure, that's why we're here to help the other alien race." ME nodded.