Disremembered

Agent Zed was in the office after the entire MIB agents' meeting. He looked closely at the list of Earth-foreign and Extraterrestrial MIBs who could be assigned in the New York HQ. He was studying the operatives' profiles when Frank the Pug entered.

" Come in, Frank.." the elderly chief muttered as he busied himself.

" Hey Zed, I've been thinking about it in the meeting.." the Remoolian pug grinned as he leaped onto the white chair and sat. " It's the new wave of next MIB agents to train the noobs."

" Frank, they're not just any neophytes. Some of them are senior agents."

" Really... I have feeling that P will meet his new partner!"

" Agent P is with J and K. You're right. I'm still in the process of assigning him to the other one."

" It's a lady!" Frank beamed and laughed. " You know that guy should find his next wife!!"

" FRANK..." Zed gave him a horrible death stare.

" Okay, okay. He doesn't let Alpha go out of his heart. I've already understood why he never tells me about her."

" I've chosen a senior agent from the French MIB. His name is Q."

" He's one of the pioneers, though.."

" Well, perhaps. He's qualified to be P's partner. I'm impressed from his experiences in some missions before."

"I hope, he's a good one.."

Suddenly, a Frenchman walked into the MIB chief's office when Frank turned his head and watched the Earthling sat on the other chair. He was in his sixties and seemed to be a mild-mannered man.

" Bonjour, Monsieur Zed.." Q cordially greeted and smiled. " Je suis heureux d'être ici à nouveau à New York. Il a été un long temps de voir tous les changements ici."

" Nous saluons le retour, Monsieur Q. Vous vous habituerez aux ajustements , ici."

" Hey.. Can't understand another Earth lingo, here.." Frank felt annoyed and scratched his ears. " What the heck are you guys talking about?!"

" Sorry, Frank," Zed nervously smiled and sighed. " I got carried away with the Frenchman." Then, he introduced the Remoolian to the other Earthling. " Frank, this is Agent Q. Q, this is Frank the Pug.."

" Oh, I'm so sorry.." Q answered and shook the pug's paws. He spoke English in his interesting French accent. " It's nice to meet you, Monsieur Frank."

" Yeah, same too you.."

" Monsieur Zed is one of my acquaintances here. It's more than forty years since I got transferred to Paris."

" Okay, at least you're back in business."

" By the way, Monsieur Q," Zed continued and took a holographic slide of MIB agents. " You'll be handling another youngster. He's an intelligent one and I'll be promoting him to be a senior agent class 3 in few months. His name is P."

" Oh, it's the tall half-Asian boy in our meeting earlier."

" He needs to be trained until he gets his promotion. He has been a successful field agent. He got involved in monitoring alien activities on Earth, specially in crime scene investigation tasks, peace treaties, and computer archive work. Well, he prefers to be transferred in the Cyber Archives department, but I insisted him to master the missions, first."

" Administrative work, then.."

" He's learning too fast, but I think you need to guide him."

" Monsieur, let's see what I can do.."

Frank the Pug was listening to the Earth-men. His eyes grew as he found the French MIB too suspicious. He jumped out of his seat and smelled Agent Q's feet and legs. Zed and Q got surprised at the Remoolian's awkward moment.

" FRANK?!" Zed yelled and got the Pug's attention. " What's going with you?! Can you see we're talking here!!!"

" Nice perfume, Q!!" Frank grinned. " It's smells freaking expensive. Did you rob money from the bank to buy one?!"

Q remained silent and felt annoyed as he patted his pants and shoes. He was frowning at the Remoolian. Instead of displaying his anger, he sighed and stared at the alien.

" It's Caron's Poivre. It costs $2,000.00 in this currency. I had never stolen money for that!" Q scornfully replied and raised his eyebrows.

" Really, HAH! Yet, I wondered why you got back into your country!!"

Q was really upset when the Remoolian made his trash talk. He turned to the MIB chief and said, " Anyway, I should find P myself. Thanks for informing me, Monsieur Zed. Au revoir!"