Pt. 21

Baekhyun's finally pried his hand away from Chanyeol's shoulder, shuffling back slightly to make it looking like they weren't just eating each other's faces a couple seconds ago; besides he didn't know how long Kyungsoo had been standing there for.

"Kyungsoo—" Baekhyun mumbled absolutely mortified.

"We need to talk." The big eyed male huffed, walking back into Baekhyun's living room.

Baekhyun looked back at Chanyeol, the taller giving him a sheepish smile that was meant to be reassuring but ended up looking awkward, Baekhyun tried his best to give one in return.

With a heavy sigh they both entered, Kyungsoo telling them to sit on the sofa while he stood in front of them.

"So, what's this about?" Kyungsoo questioned, folding his arms again.

Baekhyun eyes made their way to Chanyeol's and he whipped his head back to Kyungsoo, "Well, you saw." He mumbled.

"I sure as hell saw you two practically eating each other!" Kyungsoo exclaimed.

Chanyeol sighed, "You don't need to shout, you might wake up Baekhyun's mum."

Kyungsoo looked between the two, "Was all this just for that? So you two could snog? Was I just a cover up?"

Baekhyun's eyes widened, "What, no!"

It was probably the first time Chanyeol heard Baekhyun raise his voice ever, and the horror behind it made his heartbreak.

"It's my fault, it only happened today, I was the one that leaned in." Chanyeol lowered his head, not sure if he should be feeling guilty about this because he didn't have any regrets when he kissed Baekhyun. He just didn't want it to harm Kyungsoo and the deaf boy's friendship.

"Wait, this only happened just now?" Kyungsoo questioned with raised brows.

Baekhyun nodded slowly, feeling slightly relieved as Kyungsoo's expression relaxed, "I thought I was an excuse or something." He sighed sitting back down on his section of the covers.

The frown on Baekhyun's face was visible, "No." He shook his head.

"I was kinda wondering what the screaming was after I saw that." Kyungsoo wiggled his brows.

Baekhyun didn't quite get what he said so he looked to Chanyeol.

Chanyeol cleared his throat, trying to fight the heat on his cheeks because he knew exactly what Kyungsoo meant. His eyes looked back to Baekhyun's confused ones and he just plastered on a smile, "It's nothing."

Baekhyun nodded, soon retreating back to the pile of covers beside Kyungsoo, chewing his lip in thought as he did so.

Most of his thoughts directed to Chanyeol and the kiss. What if he didn't like him like that? What if he just did it to make him feel better? Even though Chanyeol was the one that leaned in...

Baekhyun laid down under the covers, facing Kyungsoo's back, his back to Chanyeol; who he could feel laying down behind him.

Maybe it was just a one time thing, besides Baekhyun wasn't even thinking straight when he pecked his cheek, it was more of a thank you than anything else.

He let out a heavy sigh, his hands clutching onto his pillow this time rather than Chanyeol's, he didn't think he'd be able to sleep right now and he could tell the pout was visible on his lips.

Chanyeol looked over at the smaller, he could tell something was bothering him and he missed them both cuddled up like before. He started to panic, did he do something wrong? Did Baekhyun not feel that way?

Baekhyun's body stiffened once he felt a large arm wrap around his waist, he turned his head back to the taller which the arm belonged to.

"Are you okay?"

The concern in the taller's eyes made his heart melt at the thought that he was worried about him, he felt guilty; maybe he was one the one that made him worried.

He shuffled back so he was more in Chanyeol's embrace, "I'm okay." He replied, turning so he was facing the taller now, wanting to see what he'd say.

"I'm sorry." Chanyeol mumbled, "You know, the kiss, I—" He stopped talking once Baekhyun buried his head in his chest.

"I liked it."

Chanyeol's eyes widened slightly, "Seriously?" His eyes met Baekhyun's, feeling his heart flutter when he smiled and nodded.

Baekhyun loved Chanyeol's surprised expression, the way his eyes rounded and his mouth stayed slightly agape. He shook his head, turning back around to get some sleep, his mind finally at rest.

His soft smile grew even wider when he felt the familiar arm slink around his waist again.

...

Baekhyun's eyes slowly opened at the smell of something delicious cooking, causing him to feel his stomach rumble.

He noticed Kyungsoo's side was empty, a frown slowly settled on the small male's face, had he gone home?

He slowly sat up as he rubbed his sleepy eyes, a small smile now replacing the frown as he felt Chanyeol's limp arm fall from his waist. The fluffy thoughts of them cuddled up all night caused a pink colour to rest on his cheeks.

He turned and looked at the sleeping giant, cute.

Baekhyun soon got up and entered the kitchen, noticing his mum and Kyungsoo hovering by the cooker. "Morning." He mumbled, taking a seat at the dining table, still having a view into the kitchen.

Morning, sweetie. His mum turned around and signed, the sight of the bed-head on her son causing her heart to rise. Did you sleep well?

Baekhyun nodded, his eyes looking to Kyungsoo who was taking in the conversation, a smirk played on his big lips.

Baekhyun glowered in his direction, his face relaxing when his mum walked out to him with a plate of food.

He started to dig in, as usual his mum's cooking never failed to impress, "It's good." He looked up to his mum with a smile.

Kyungsoo made it.

"Really?" He looked to Kyungsoo who nodded in response, watching his eyes look to the living room.

There stood a half asleep Chanyeol making his way and taking the seat beside Baekhyun. "Morning." He rubbed his eyes.

He looked down at the plate of food being placed down his eyes widening, "This looks good."

"Kyungsoo made it." Baekhyun spoke up with a smile.

"Well, he takes from the best." Baekhyun's mother chuckled.

"Me too, it runs in the genes." Baekhyun chuckled, looking down at his plate.

"Is that so?" Kyungsoo raised a brow.

"You should cook for us sometime, Baekhyun." Chanyeol smiled.

Baekhyun only laughed, looking up at Kyungsoo's smug expression.

"That's if you want food poisoning, Chanyeol." Kyungsoo spoke up.

"Remember the time you left the chicken in the oven and the oven wasn't even on?" His mum spoke up, joining in on the laughs.

"I think he gets the idea." Baekhyun mumbled, his laughter dying down, feeling a little embarrassed.

Baekhyun sheepishly looked up from his breakfast, his eyes locking with the taller's. Feeling not so bad when Chanyeol gave him a smile; somehow the taller always made him feel better.