Pt. 35

Baekhyun sighed as his mother snapped another picture of him in his suit.

"Oh come on!" She looked away from her son to the camera in her hands, "You're supposed to smile."

"You've already got one of me smiling!" Baekhyun exclaimed in response, how many did she need of him?

"I know, but I need much more than just one." She sighed, bringing up the camera one last time, Baekhyun flashing a smile so she'd be happy.

She cooed at the picture of her son, "You look so handsome."

Chanyeol was standing behind Mrs Byun, grinning at Baekhyun's displeased expression. He internally agreed with her words, Baekhyun did look handsome.

The older woman soon turned around to the male behind her, "Chanyeol come in this one." She smiled gently, patting his arm.

Chanyeol did as told, making his way over to the small male and standing beside him. They both smiled for the picture and Baekhyun quickly spoke up, "Can we go now?"

"Fine," Mrs Byun finally sighed, "I'll let you guys have fun."

Baekhyun made his way to the front door, he didn't get the chance to open it before his mother spoke up again, "Tell Kyungsoo I need pictures of him in his suit!"

Baekhyun rolled his eyes and shut the door, Chanyeol quickly squeezed in a wave to Baekhyun's mother before it shut.

"Sorry about that." Baekhyun laughed slightly as they made their way down the path.

"It's fine." Chanyeol chuckled, he wrapped his arm around Baekhyun's waist but the male quickly moved away.

"Don't do that." Baekhyun frowned.

Chanyeol furrowed his brows out of confusion, "What? Why not?"

"In case she sees." Baekhyun sighed as they made their way to the car, the dance wasn't going off to a great start.

Chanyeol unlocked the car with his keys, he'd just passed his driving test a few days ago and planned to drive them, even if it was in his mother's car.

"What's wrong with that?" He questioned as he made his way to the car.

"It's complicated." Baekhyun sighed out as he made his way into the car, buckling his seatbelt.

Chanyeol did the same, looking at Baekhyun with concern, "How?" He kept questioning because he wanted to know, he was worried that Baekhyun wasn't telling him anything.

"She thinks we're going as friends." Baekhyun finally got to the point, the two sat in silence for a second as Chanyeol processed those words.

"Does she not know about us?" He wondered out loud.

Baekhyun shook his head, "I've never told her how I feel," He looked down at his lap, "She keeps mentioning girls, she doesn't know."

Chanyeol lifted his hand, rubbing the nape of Baekhyun's neck gently. The male finally looked up, "It's okay," Chanyeol smiled softly, "You can tell
her when you're ready."

Baekhyun forced a small smile back, Chanyeol was always so understanding, he loved that about him. "Okay."

With those words Chanyeol started the car and began to drive in the direction of the high school they would be no longer attending in just a couple weeks.

Baekhyun sometimes wondered if they'd stay together after high school, he hoped they would.

...

The dance was quite busy, Baekhyun was surprised people went. He figured he must've misjudged his peers and also Chanyeol, maybe it was just him who didn't want to to go in the first place.

They found Kyungsoo and Jongin in the corner of the large gym hall, Kyungsoo seemed rather annoyed at Jongin.

"Hi guys." Chanyeol spoke up, furrowing his brows slightly at Kyungsoo's expression, "Is something wrong?"

"He," Kyungsoo pointed at Jongin, "Thought it was a great idea to bring alcohol."

Chanyeol let out a loud laugh and shoved Jongin's shoulder, "Let's see."

Jongin grumbled and pulled out the four miniature bottles he had in his pocket, "I don't understand why it's a big deal!" He exclaimed and turned to Kyungsoo.

"If anyone sees that you're gonna be kicked out." Kyungsoo sighed.

Chanyeol snatched two of them from Jongin's hand and grabbed Baekhyun's hand, the two quickly leaving to the other end of the hall.

"Why did you do that?" Baekhyun questioned as he looked at the mini bottles in Chanyeol's hand.

"So Jongin doesn't get all of the blame," Chanyeol met Baekhyun's eyes once he looked up at him, "Do you not want to?"

Baekhyun pursed his lips as he picked up one of the bottles from Chanyeol's hands, "It'll be fun." He flashed a quick smile, before turning to the long table that had drinks and snacks.

He wasn't going to just down the small bottle of vodka on its own.

...

They were both slightly tipsy, the two were in the middle of the gym hall amongst other students, swaying to the slow song playing. Baekhyun wondered if it was a slightly bad idea that Chanyeol had drank alcohol, he was the one who was driving.

Baekhyun's had his arms wrapped around Chanyeol's neck, he could smell the male's cologne by being this close to him.

He hummed as he leaned his head on Chanyeol's shoulder, he had to stand on this tippy toes slightly
but it didn't bother him.

"What is it?" Chanyeol questions, his arms tightening slightly around Baekhyun's waist.

"You smell really nice." He replied with a sappy grin.

"I think you're drunk." Chanyeol laughed out, Baekhyun pulled away from the male's shoulder.

"I'm not," He frowned, "I'm just saying the truth."

"Okay." Chanyeol teased, catching Baekhyun's eye contact. He had that look in his eyes as if he was thinking about something, before Chanyeol could ask Baekhyun pulled back so that the tall male's arms were no longer wrapped around his waist.

He grabbed a hold of Chanyeol's hands, "Do you want to get out of here?"

The numbers of students at the dance were beginning to thin out, "And go where?" Chanyeol rose his brows out of curiosity.

Baekhyun shrugged slightly, "I don't know." He looked down that his hands holding Chanyeol's swaying them from side to side gently, "Somewhere."

"We could go back to mine?" Chanyeol questioned out loud and Baekhyun replied with a nod.

The small male let go of one of Chanyeol's hand but still held onto one as he guided them both out the gym hall with a smile.