Pt. 34

Baekhyun never did hear from Yifan again, he never could quite remember seeing him in school after the trip. He knew he was probably off due to his broken leg anyway.

There wasn't much to do at school, the numbers had lessened, people rarely came in due to summer being just around the corner and exams being over with.

Baekhyun joined the small group at the table with his lunch, he watched as some students carried in different kinds of decorations into the main hall.

Chanyeol looked to where the small male was looking, the school were preparing for the senior dance which he hadn't asked Baekhyun to yet. He'd been with the male for a while now and yet asking him seemed so nerve-wracking.

Baekhyun was in the midst of peeling his tangerine when Chanyeol cleared his throat, the small male didn't take the hint that it was to grab his attention and was still focused on his food.

"Baekhyun." Chanyeol spoke up.

"Hm." Baekhyun hummed in response, not even looking back to the taller. He was too engrossed in carefully peeling of the white bits of tangerine peel, he hated that part.

"I was wondering—" He began, not quite sure where to go with his words, "It's fine if you don't, it's only just a suggestion—"

Kyungsoo had grown curious in the conversation that Chanyeol was trying to progress with Baekhyun, he watched the male stutter profusely and wondered what he was trying to ask.

Baekhyun wasn't in the slightest bit bothered, "What is it?" He questioned, popping a slice of tangerine in his mouth as he focused on getting rid of more of the white peel from the next slice.

"I was wondering if you wanted to go to the dance with me?" Chanyeol questioned, "You know, the dance for seniors?"

Baekhyun laughed slightly, "You really wanna go to that?" He replied.

Chanyeol grew worried at the fact Baekhyun hadn't even answered his question.

"Dances aren't my thing." Baekhyun simply replied, not realising how much it hurt Chanyeol.

Kyungsoo watched the two, feeling slightly sympathetic for the tall male. Sometimes Baekhyun could be so clueless, he wondered if the small male even noticed how head over heels Chanyeol was for him.

It looked as if Chanyeol genuinely wanted to go to the dance with Baekhyun, even though they'd been dating for a while it looked as if he just got rejected by his crush.

Kyungsoo kicked Baekhyun's leg under the table.

Baekhyun let out a groan, "What the hell?" He hissed, "Why did you kick me?" He quickly looked up to Kyungsoo.

"I need to go to the toilet." Kyungsoo spoke up.

"And that involves kicking me?" Baekhyun questioned, his brows furrowed in confusion.

"I want you to come with me." Kyungsoo replied, maybe he could've caught the male's attention another way but he felt he deserved a small kick for being so oblivious to Chanyeol.

Baekhyun let out a deep sigh, looking towards Chanyeol who's head was lowered as he stared at his school lunch. "Okay, fine." He soon got up from the table and followed Kyungsoo, leaving Chanyeol on his own. Jongin hadn't bothered to come in today; just like most students.