Pt. 32

Baekhyun grumbled during most of the gorge walk, there was lots of water and Sehun still wouldn't quit with the splashing.

By the time they got back to the campsite, he was soaking wet again. He ended up missing lunch just so he could dry himself off from the walk.

He genuinely thought he would enjoy the wilderness aspect of the trip, mostly because of the small stream by his house but he was far from enjoying it. He was certain it was because of the presence of Yifan and Sehun.

They always made it so chaotic and he didn't like that. Deep down, he knew if he had just listened to the Chanyeol the first day here then he wouldn't be feeling this annoyed right now.

Once dinner rolled around, he finally got to see Chanyeol. He quickly sat down beside him with his tray of food, his head leaning against his shoulder.

"Everything okay?" Chanyeol questioned, catching on to the way Baekhyun was acting.

"I'm just tired." He mumbled, he was tired but that wasn't the whole extent of it. He didn't want to bring the mood down for the so little time he got to spend with the male, so he let Chanyeol tell him excitedly about skiing.

He enjoyed it so much that he offered it as a date option.

"A date?" Baekhyun rose his brows.

Chanyeol nodded, "I was thinking we should do something like that."

Baekhyun's brows furrowed slightly, "I don't think we'd manage doing one here, we barely get to see each other."

"I didn't mean here," Chanyeol laughed slightly, "Maybe after or during the summer."

"Oh, okay." Baekhyun nodded, a small smile on his lips, "I'd like that."

A date with Chanyeol sounded great, he was now beginning to realise that they didn't really do many things that couples did. He wanted to do stuff like that.

His smile grew even wider when Chanyeol quickly kissed his cheek before going back to finishing his meal.

...

Baekhyun's group were selected to clean up the cafeteria. He now knew why it took Chanyeol so long. They had clean the floors and tables, they even had to help scrub the dishes and it was quite a lot of people who ate dinner.

By the time he wandered back to the cabin, it was late and he just wanted to sleep. When he walked into the cabin Chanyeol was fast asleep, he let out a small sigh and quickly changed into his pyjamas.

He threw himself on his bed with a huff and got comfortable. He laid there for a while after he took off his hearing aids, taking in Chanyeol's peaceful expression before finally drifting off to sleep as well.

When morning rolled around he was woken by a familiar shake from Chanyeol. He sat up with a groan and rubbed his eyes, he swore they needed more sleep than this, getting up at 8am every morning wasn't sitting with him well. Weekends were meant to be sleeping in, not getting up this early.

He was glad that their activity wasn't involving any water, instead they got to stroll around the forest and look at wildlife. This was what Baekhyun liked, not having freezing cold water splashed at him by Sehun.

They spotted different kinds of birds, there was smaller creatures scurrying about the muddy ground like squirrels and hedgehogs.

Sehun was grumbling at how boring it was, that he wanted to do another activity but he quickly shut up once they encountered a deer.

Baekhyun had never seen one in real life before, the woods back home were too close to the town and houses for big wildlife creatures to live there.

They didn't get to look at it for that long when Yifan threw a stick at it, scaring it off into the wilderness.