Pt. 17

Chanyeol groaned loudly at the receiving phone call, he turned over and grabbed his phone, checking the caller ID to see that Kyungsoo was phoning him.

"What?" He answered his voice thick with sleep.

"God, Chanyeol you can't answer your phone at all?!" The male yelled through the phone.

Chanyeol squinted his eyes as he checked his alarm clock, "That's because it's nearly 2am!" He shouted back, regretting that he exchanged phone numbers with Kyungsoo.

"Well, it's urgent." Kyungsoo stated.

"Yeah? It better be urgent for you to wake me up in the middle of the night." Chanyeol groaned.

"Baekhyun's missing."

Chanyeol's heart dropped, "What? How?" The last thing he remembered about Baekhyun was that he'd drifted back to sleep by the time Kyungsoo and him took their leave.

"I don't know," Kyungsoo replied his voice shaky. "His mum phoned me saying he wasn't in his room, they have camera footage of him leaving the hospital."

Chanyeol's heart continued to drop, he couldn't speak, he immediately stood up from his bed and fished around for a pair of shoes and coat.

"Chanyeol, are you there?" Kyungsoo asked through the screen and Chanyeol just hummed in response.

"I think I know where he might be." Chanyeol spoke up, not waiting for a response as he hung up the phone, making his way out the house.

He was immediately greeted by the cool breeze of the night, the summer sun no longer basking the town in heat. He quickly walked, almost ran to that spot that was rushing through his mind.

He walked along the muddy path, the sound of the running water becoming closer.

But he froze, there was no sign of Baekhyun, he was almost certain he would of found the small male here.

He sat down, disappointed in himself. He'd only known Baekhyun for a week, he didn't know where else he could be. He sighed deeply, his mind going back to when Baekhyun first took him here, when he opened up to him.

He almost cringed remembering back to when he looked at that photo, just for a moment too long to catch Baekhyun's attention.

His train of thought suddenly stopped when his phone began to ring, he answered Kyungsoo's call. "So have you found him?" He asked impatiently.

Chanyeol let out a deep sigh, "No, he's not here."

"Shit." Kyungsoo sighed.

Chanyeol heard some static and rummaging from the other end, "Chanyeol," He heard the familiar voice of Baekhyun's mother, "Do you know where else he could be?" She asked, the worry visible in her voice.

"No, I'm sorry, Mrs Byun." Chanyeol sighed.

"He went out a couple days ago, I didn't know where, he didn't even tell me." She sighed.

Chanyeol perked up, "He came to my house." He said, his eyes watching the water stream by.

"Oh, that's good." She replied, "Did he seem off to you or anything? I knew how much he didn't want to go to the hospital." She sighed.

"No, not really." Chanyeol said, chewing the inside of his lip as he stood up, his mind retracing what happened that day until he suddenly stopped. "He talked about the accident a little." Chanyeol answered, hearing another sigh from Baekhyun's mother.

"Okay, well, thank you for letting me know." She said, the defeat in her voice visible in Chanyeol's ears.

He was greeted by the long beep of the call being ended, he shoved his phone in his pocket, wishing he'd of brought a warmer coat but that wasn't the worst of his troubles right now, he had to find Baekhyun.