Pt. 11

Chanyeol awoke, his neck cramped from sitting against his bed frame when he eventually fell asleep. He turned to check the time, relieved it was so early.

With so much time to kill he decided on having a long shower, letting the water embrace him in its warmth. He really wanted to stay at home forever because he dreaded nothing more to go back to that school, he knew he was going to be the hot topic there and he didn't even want to think what Yifan would do next.

Wasting water was one of his mother's pet peeves so he quickly got out, the bathroom foggy with steam. He walked over to the sink, wiping away the steam from the mirror, his eyes widening at what stared back.

He looked like shit. His beaten face from yesterday starting to bruise and definitely swell, he gently touched his swelling eye and the bruise around it. How was he supposed to hide this from his mother?

He rummaged through the cabinet drawer and found a skin tone coloured something that belonged to his mother, he smudged it on feeling quite satisfied when the bruise was less noticeable.

He got dressed and deliberately pushed his curly locks down to cover his face, he made his way to the kitchen, peeping his head in his mother's bedroom glad to see she'd moved from the sofa last night. He grabbed a cereal bar to eat on the walk there.

He didn't want to take the bus because the less time spent at school meant the less time he was with Yifan.

...

He finished his cereal bar just as he stepped in the school gates, the yard was busy with students meaning he only has a few minutes till the bell. He cautiously looked around, receiving a few amused glares back at him.

While looking out for Yifan his eyes caught a familiar pair. His heart fluttered when they creased into a smile as the male waved at him. By the look of it he looked rather bored as Kai and Kyungsoo conversed with each other as he sat at the side on his own, head in his hands.

Chanyeol made his way over, sitting himself down beside Baekhyun, Baekhyun pointed slightly at the laughing two and rolled his eyes causing Chanyeol to chuckle.

"Hey guys." Chanyeol spoke up, immediately grabbing the others' attention.

"Chanyeol! I didn't even notice you were there." Kai spoke up, his face flushed with surprise.

"It's fine, you seemed busy." He flashed the male a wink, causing Baekhyun to burst out laughing.

Kyungsoo just shook his head and smiled, his cheeks also flushing a light shade of pink.

"Any sign of Yifan?" He asked Kai, who shook his head in response.

"He's rarely in at this time anyway," The tanned male replied.

"Gosh, you look terrible, Chanyeol." Kyungsoo said as he peered out from beside Kai.

"Thanks." Chanyeol sarcastically replied, feeling Baekhyun's worried gaze on him.

He looked down at the small male flashing him a reassuring smile, "I'm okay."

Baekhyun nodded slowly, trying his best to smile back but the bruised and swollen face of Chanyeol prevented him from doing so. He turned his gaze back to the yard of students, swinging his legs softly off of the tall bench they sat on.

Chanyeol watched the smaller trail off into his own little word, he didn't mind. He didn't blame Baekhyun, it must of been rather boring with those two, more lonely than boring actually.

Before he could turn to amuse the smaller the bell rang and the now scattering students caught Baekhyun's attention as he grabbed his school bag and blazer. Chanyeol decided it was also his queue to leave for class, as he turned his eyes caught with someone's he dreaded to see.

He saw Yifan glaring daggers at him, dropping the cigar from his mouth to the ground, quickly putting it out with the twist of his black boots.

"Oi! Park!" He yelled from across the yard, Chanyeol now only noticing Sehun behind him chuckling intently to himself.

"Shit." Chanyeol said under his breath, Baekhyun was already far away in the sea of students, Chanyeol almost thankful that he wouldn't see this. Some students had already stopped and turned, amused to see if another fight would break out.

"Just leave it, Chanyeol." Kai insisting tugging at him to quickly scurry to class with him.

"Leave him!" Yifan roared again, pushing his way through students, "Let finish what we started."

Chanyeol managed to get a better look at his face, which was also bruised and swollen, a bit of amusement sparking inside of him but it only lasted a few seconds before Yifan grabbed hold of him, slamming him into the brick wall.

Chanyeol squirmed, not wanting to fight back or he knew he'd end up more on the Principle's bad side than he already was.

"Get over it already, Yifan!" Chanyeol hissed, trying his best to remove the tall male of him in the least violent way possible.

"Get over it? I'll never forget what you did, Chanyeol. Never." He spat.

"All because of that stupid deaf boy." Chanyeol's face grimaced as the smell of tobacco that wafted from Yifan's breathe.

"Don't talk about him like that!" Kyungsoo spoke up, startling Chanyeol when he was just about to defend Baekhyun too.

"Oh yeah? And what are you gonna do about it?" Yifan scoffed.

Kyungsoo crossed his arms, the anger radiating off of him, his bushy brows furrowed before he looked back up at Yifan.

The smaller grabbed onto his arm, trying his best to pry him off Chanyeol, he despised the way Yifan treated Baekhyun and it had finally reached its peak.

"Is that all you got?" The laughter erupted from his lips, it wasn't joyful or happy, it was sarcastic, like he was mocking Kyungsoo. But suddenly the sickening noise stopped when he received a hard punch to the face by Kyungsoo.

Everyone froze, Chanyeol, Sehun, Kai, even the small group of attracted students watching the seen unfold.

Yifan held his burning cheek, his eyes making his way to Kyungsoo, they narrowed with rage from what the smaller just did to him.

Chanyeol could hear the faint shouts from the principal, the crowd started to scatter but that didn't stop Yifan.

He held his fist in the air, and soon it met Kyungsoo's face. The smack was loud and clear.

Kyungsoo fell to the floor, his glasses scattering off his face, one of the lenses shattering. His face immediately turned back to give Yifan a deadly glare, revealing that his nose was beginning to gush.

Kai immediately crouched down to Kyungsoo just as the Principal made his way to the scene.

His eyes darted to each of the males, his mind registering what could of just happened, he looked between Chanyeol and Yifan, his eyes immediately narrowing with anger.

"Jongin, take Kyungsoo to the nurse."

"Sehun get the hell back to class."

His voice trembled with fury,

"And you two come to my office now!" He roared.