Chapter 35: Dragonet of shame

As I wrote in 'Something to say', this chapter is a flashback. The whole chapter.

*Start flashback*

-Arctic-

Queen Vigilance asked him to a private talk. They've only started 'dating' for 9 months and there is a problem?

Well, dating, kind of. Arctic still loved Foeslayer. Vigilance had promised this would stay secret.

They tried out, talking a bit and going out. Arctic then found out that Foeslayer was expecting dragonets he asked to break the relation, between him and the queen.

Of course, Vigilance had to forbid him. Why, he didn't know, he hoped the Queen would explain herself.

Arctic thinks it's because she purposely acts like this so that she won't get attached to any dragon before she dies. 

A very weird way of thinking. Arctic always thought she was insane. Turns out she probably really is.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Arctic," the queen said as if his name was a fact. She said his name in a high, know-it-all voice.

"Vigilance," Arctic replayed in an annoyed voice. 

"Queen Vigilance," she managed with a hurt face.

"What's wrong?" Arctic asked holding his hand out to the Nightwing Queen.

"Well, here comes the subject to discuss," Vigilance growled clutching her tummy.

Arctic felt his face go pale. 

"I'm pregnant...it's your kid," she said.

"What about the king! He'll find out it's me! This is illegal! Was this all your plan from the start?" Arctic asked stressed out. 

What would happen to him and Foeslayer? What about those dragonets!

"Quickdeath is already getting ready for the job," she explained simply, face back to her normal disgust. 

Quickdeath was Vigilance's personal assassin. Comes in handy when you hate people and don't want to get your claws dirty. Dirty with your enemy's blood.

"Plus, I only need you to make a spell to make this dragonet look like a normal nightwing, that's all I'm asking, that's all I'm ordering you," Vigilance growled angrily.

"So, you are 100% sure to have an animus dragonet? You. Think." Arctic growled back.

"Well, if you are not sure, cast a spell on me! I need a dragonet with animus magic! I need to wipe the icewings out!" the Queen screamed immediately ending the conversation.    

"Wipe the icewings out," Arctic repeated shocked. That's the big plan. He wasn't looking big enough. He should have known!

It was all for her huge plan all along! Wipe an entire tribe! For power!

He needed to tell Foeslayer! No. She'd ask how he knew all this. He couldn't tell her.

It'll hurt her.

It'll hurt him seeing her hurt.

"No, I won't enchant your dragonet, if you get embarrassed, it'll be your fault and you will not wipe my tribe away!" Arctic snarled taking a menacing step towards the nightwing Queen.

Vigilance laughed.

"This dragonet is also yours. And as if you could stop me? I'll wipe all of your tribe, till the last one, a genocide," the Queen smiled evilly.

Arctic cursed to himself. The Queen will pay!

"I'll enchant your dragonet if you won't try killing my tribe and never mention this relation. Ever." Arctic said pointing between the Queen and him.

"Deal, the dragonet will have animus power," Vigilance said with a friendlier smile.

"Deal," Arctic smiled. He knew how to ruin Vigilance's whole life.

"I enchant this dragonet to have animus power," he said slowly holding his talon out towards the Queen's belly.

He will not have nightwing's mindreading nor future seeing, he will kill vigilance once he grows older and won't appear in any of the seers' visions, Arctic added to himself with a smile.

Then he finally removed his talon and smiles.

"Why did it take so long?" Vigilance asked in a low growl.

"I added that no seer would ever see him in any future," Arctic said.

Vigilance turned to the window.

"You may leave," she said.

Arctic forced a friendly smile and left.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Vigilance-

Arctic did something to this dragonet.

Something that could harm her afterwards.

The only way?

Vigilance would have to isolate him from the whole nightwing tribe.

There is a mountain near the rainforest, right? There could be his end place.

When he reaches 3 moons, he'll be buried.

All Vigilance needed was an immortality spell, the dragonet is just an extra, in case someone asks there will be an excuse.

*End Flashback*

Sorry, for the super long wait. My grandparents are visiting us and most of my free time, I'm with them.

So I hope you enjoy.

:)