Chapter 29: FAULT

-Qibli-

And he thought dying was bad. Everywhere hurt him. His wings were surely broken. He got up and looked around.

Where was he?

Where were his friends? 

Where was Moon?

What happened?

Qibli looked around. The room was small. Too small to be comfortable in. If he could have stretched his wings, he would have touched both wall's sides. He looked up and saw a big hole leading to sunshine, which also meant leading outside. He leaped before falling snout first on the ground. 

Yeah, wings definitely are broken. This was planned. Nobody just breaks someone's wings and put them in a small room with an open ceiling. Like seriously, what if Qibli had broken his leg? Darkstalker wouldn't have kept him in this specific room that looked like it was possible to escape.

"Hello? Show yourself, Darkstalker!" he cried, half in pain, half out of stubbornness.

"Qibli," someone said in a low hiss. He turned.

"Sirocco?" Qibli asked stunned. He had barely recognized his brother without his tattoos and a bleeding neck. Sirocco didn't seem bothered as blood spilled the floor. 

"Are you okay? You know, cause...cause you know," Qibli mumbled pointing Sirocco's neck as his brother approached him. 

The room seemed to have shrunk. His brother seemed to have grown taller, his wings hovered over Qibli, making a giant creepy dome. 

Before Qibli could have said 'you are ugly', Sirocco disappeared. Right under Qibli's snout, into thin air.

Where Sirocco was standing was now Rattlesnake. His sister.  Her wings were folded back in a surprisingly beautiful way. Which was very uncommon for his sister.

"How, what?" he cried gluing himself to the wall in both shock and fear.

There is only one explanation: they are illusions only.

No need to be scared.

Qibli slowly reached out his talon to try and dissolve the image. All he touched was hard scales. Before he knew it, Rattlesnake dug her claws into his arm and smacked him on the other side of the room. His back stung.

"What?" he growled between his teeth.

"You do not deserve to be loved. No one wanted you, not Grandfather, not mother, not anyone, not even your little nightwing girlfriend," Rattlesnake hissed.

"That's not true, beside mother almost tried to kill you, without me, you would be dead!" he screamed back trying to steady his shaking voice.

Rattlesnake opened her mouth to reply, before shimmering and her figure started to shake. Her scales turned blueish white. Her eyes turned dark blue. Her barbed tail disappeared, leaving a thin whip.

"Moon never loved you! She loved me!" Winter spat in Qibli's face. Qibli wanted to shout back in his icy highness's face that he didn't have any right to say anything about Moon and his's relations. He tried to restain his words, he couldn't imagine what friendship would be with both fighting over Moon. Then again, this was an illusion. A very realistic illusion. 

"Moon hated you! You were nothing to Moon! She only loved me! You were nothing to her!" Winter yelled. Qibli bit his tongue.

"Moonwatcher loves me!" Winter said. Qibli shifted uneasily at the sudden change of conversation, from Sirocco to Rattlesnake to Winter. He tried to think of something else, but Winter's words were hurting him more then he could imagine.

"No!" Qibli cried. "Moon does not hate me and you are only an illusion!"

Winter seemed shocked then he started laughing. A cold laugh. (Get it, because he's an icewing, get it, haha. I know I'm a weirdo if you've been asking yourself. If not you probably should.)

"Let's see if you can pass this test, sandwing," Winter said, words echoing creepily.  

Winter's form shifted. A bright light blinded Qibli. The light dimmed. At fake Winter's place stood a beautiful nightwing. A beautiful nightwing with silver teardrop scales near her eyes. A beautiful nightwing named Moonwatcher.

And this was his beautiful girlfriend.

She seemed too real to be an illusion. Too kind to be an illusion. Too nice to be an illusion. Too beautiful to be an illusion. Too Moon-like to be an illusion.

"M...Moon?" he managed to mutter. His voice wouldn't listen. Just saying 'Moon' hurt his vocals,  he didn't know why.

"Qibli!" she cried running to him, hugging him. She started crying in his shoulder. 

She's an illusion. Qibli pushed her. Moon tripped and fell.

No! He didn't mean to push her to the floor. 

Wait, sorry, he wanted to tell her.

"W...what?" she muttered shocked. Eyes wide still filled with tears.

"Qibli?" she asked, voice breaking.

Qibli tried to answer. Nothing came from his mouth. 

Qibli thought his worst nightmares were coming to life. 

The only thing left out was, Qibli swallowed, Vulture.

"Moon!" he finally was able to cry, but his efforts were useless. Moon's illusion was shimmering then it burst into millions of pieces. 

That was the real Moonwatcher. He knew it. Her voice was Moonwatcher's. She really loved him. He hurt her. No, Darkstalker made him hurt her. Qibli shock his head to clear his thoughts. He was wrong, Darkstalker didn't hurt his beloved, he did. 

This was all his fault. Everything was.

Hope you enjoy this chapter.

Next chapter will be the 30th of this story, to celebrate: I will write a Darkstalker POV.

Thank you to everyone, who have supported me to this day.

:)